Thread: Enrico Chin, CLF?

Enrico Chin, CLF?

A Choy Lay Fut school has opened near where I live, under an Enrico Chin with his son Justin Chin. I don't know too much about the school or the lineage or instructors, but I remembering hearing they have some connection with Canada. (don't know if they taught, or trained there, or if they just have some KF brothers)

Anyone know of him or students under him? This school also offers some Sanshou classes which I find interesting.
    "Neither is "safe", if you want to be safe stay home and play with yourself" -lkfmdc

I guess they have some connection to sifu Ian Chow out of Toronto Canada. I don't know if they are Kung Fu brothers or not.
    "Neither is "safe", if you want to be safe stay home and play with yourself" -lkfmdc

Ian Chow is the sifu of Northern Legs, Southern Fists in Toronto, I think they maybe kungfu brothers.

Rico Chin?
    Shoot, I haven't heard that name in years !
    If it is who I think it is, he has the goods.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

I think thats him second to the right, wearing black and red. Next to him is Ian Chow.

I have heard him go by Rico, so maybe it's the same guy? What can you tell me about him? If he is good like you say, then I am very interested in checking it out.
    Last edited by Yung Apprentice; 02-09-2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: i messed up

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Apprentice View Post
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

I think thats him second to the right, wearing black and red. Next to him is Ian Chow.

I have heard him go by Rico, so maybe it's the same guy? What can you tell me about him? If he is good like you say, then I am very interested in checking it out.
    Its been ages and I was just a kid but yeah, that looks like him.
    My old TKD instructor, Dino Hennings spoke very highly of him, as did some other old school karate guys ( Tony Vesseti for one) and when your peers from other systems speak highly of you, that is a very good sign.

Very cool. Thats awesome that a legit CMA sifu came to a little town like here. Do you know anyone else in these forums that may have some more info? Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Apprentice View Post
    Very cool. Thats awesome that a legit CMA sifu came to a little town like here. Do you know anyone else in these forums that may have some more info? Thanks again.
    Sorry dude, not off the top of my head but you can try posting this on the main forum too.
    But all the southern guys check here anyways.

Cool, I appreciate you letting me know he's a good sifu!

I have never heard his name in CLF circles but that doesn't really mean anything because some people lay low. Go watch a class and see for yourself. See if they have anything regarding where his CLF comes from if you want.