View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 831 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 3317317818218298308318328338418819311331 ... LastLast
Results 12,451 to 12,465 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Sure just havent gotten mine yet. I thought I had a subscription KC
    I thought you did too. I don't think it has expired. I'll swing by Boarders and pick up a copy. Looks like it may be time to renew the script.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Its a great photo of the weapon and Elder Master Leonard, page 54 of the sept/oct KFM

JP

I tried to send you a pm but your mailbox is full. You ever heard of a fellow named Casey Jones? He called me about checking out my school, I had the understanding he was with the SD school here in Nashville. He was disappointed in the direction they were going and wanted to try something else. He sounded upbeat about meeting me but never showed up, oh well what do you do.

Jim
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Quote Originally Posted by yu shan View Post
    JP

I tried to send you a pm but your mailbox is full. You ever heard of a fellow named Casey Jones? He called me about checking out my school, I had the understanding he was with the SD school here in Nashville. He was disappointed in the direction they were going and wanted to try something else. He sounded upbeat about meeting me but never showed up, oh well what do you do.

Jim
    Sorry about the PM. Need to clean it out. I don't recognize the name, but may know the face.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

what kind of weapon was master leonard holding?
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Blog Entries

Greenbelt shortstick

Found this video on YouTube. It's from green dragon studios in Ohio.
    It's exactly the same as our greenbelt shortstick form. Anyone ever checked out their other stuff?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCWXkNTB4h4

Is this the weapon

or perhaps this

i havnt seen the issue, yet, but i believe there is a corresponding thread regarding aquiring this weapon on the main forum section.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    It's exactly the same as our greenbelt shortstick form. Anyone ever checked out their other stuff?

Wow, that is interesting to see green dragon studios offering that. i wonder if a former sder from ohio introduced it, or if both picked it up from somewhere else...

and yes lucas, the first weapon is the one in the magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post

Interesting. It was embellished a bit with with the hopping, but that's the same form. Wonder how they got it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Is this the weapon

or perhaps this

i havnt seen the issue, yet, but i believe there is a corresponding thread regarding aquiring this weapon on the main forum section.
    I thought that second weapon was a sai. Isn't that Japanese?

Green Dragon is the worst of the worst, if you aren't embarrassed enough that you even can look at one of their videos, that you would even say that they do the same forms as you, then I feel truly sorry about how pathetic your training has been and how much money you have been throwing away to learn garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    Green Dragon is the worst of the worst, if you aren't embarrassed enough that you even can look at one of their videos, that you would even say that they do the same forms as you, then I feel truly sorry about how pathetic your training has been and how much money you have been throwing away to learn garbage.
    here we go againlol

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    I didn't purchase this video. Just happened upon it on YouTube. The sequence of postures is what is the same, but I didn't think it was performed well at all. This form is a beginners form in SD.
    That being said. Using your line of thinking, if you see greendragon selling one of your longfist routines, and doing it poorly, then your longfist must be bad also.

It's been widely speculated that Greed Dragon has been lifting forms from other sources and packaging and selling it as their own. It appears that SD isn't immune to that treatment.

Green Dragon has been doing this for as long as I can remember....doesn't surprise me.