Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qingong Light Foot Gong Fu?

Qingong Light Foot Gong Fu?

You know, the scenes in kung fu movies where the actor (with some help of wires) soars from one building down to the streets to defend a helpless victim. But that stuff is fake, and it's known as "Wire Fu". However, it is supposedly influenced by an ancient skill which could make you as light as a swallow. Does "Qingong" exist?

If so, has anyone achieved the skill? How would you train for it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkpde...ChVv6j-pVkuKNC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5XRB...ChVv6j-pVkuKNC

One of these is a CCTV documentary, the other is a bagua instructional on qingong training.
    "He who say's does not know, he who knows does not say"

"True Gong Fu is practicing in the coldest days of winter and the dog days of summer"

"Don't try, do"

from your name, are you a chocolate man? I will reveal the secret only to my chocolate brothers.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

However, it is supposedly influenced by an ancient skill which could make you as light as a swallow.
    It's at this point where you can tell if your Bullsh*t alarm works or not.

these days if you want skills to carry you across rooftops with ease and skill, train Parkour.

Lightness skills = Strong ass legs.

No training of any variety ever, will ever make you lighter than what you are.

If you are 170lbs, then you have to get strong enough to have best control of that body.

Occam's razor and all that.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I have always had extremely strong legs so I guess that probably helped a lot in my past practice of lightweight skills. When I was 19 I lived in Hawaii and went barefoot all the time, hot sand and lava rock flows on the ocean made the souls of my feet like leather. I could run faster at that time, on pavement, barefoot, than anyone I'd ever seen, seemingly, from my perspective, to barely touch the ground. I practice three forms only, "Dragon rests on Mountain", "Dragon crosses Lake", and "Dragon returns to Earth", crosses lake is my practice of light skills with special attention to balance and coordination. In my dreams I am the only one who can fly, dreams of this nature used to bother me , now I just see this as a Buddha Mind resource. My ability to fly in dreams is based on my light skills training , otherwise, even though I am dreaming, there is nothing that guarantees that I do not fall to my death other than belief. My light skills are practiced on 2x4's laying end to end on the ground (flat pavement) on the 2" side of boards. Running on them while doing whisklike arm movements much like in posted OP vid. Jumping is another matter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHCovU3lkHA
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 06-20-2013 at 02:27 PM.

so, what you are telling us all is that you are a little "light in the loafers" ?

Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post

so, what you are telling us all is that you are a little "light in the loafers" ?

Prefer sandals. and,yes, married /with children. Hawaii, though, is loafer city.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 06-20-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Ok, so obviously getting lighter doesn't exist. But jumping higher, may make you appear lighter? Ice1cubed is one of those people who can jump high as ****. He says that doing heavy squats make your legs stronger, letting you push harder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB-RXs9kkcY
    "He who say's does not know, he who knows does not say"

"True Gong Fu is practicing in the coldest days of winter and the dog days of summer"

"Don't try, do"

you can dig a deep hole and practice jumping out of it until you can jump in and out easily. then hold big rocks and try it until you can jump in and out with more and more weight.

basket ball players have some of the best 'light skills' in the world.

basically just practice jumping and keep improving.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackEChan View Post
    Ok, so obviously getting lighter doesn't exist. But jumping higher, may make you appear lighter? Ice1cubed is one of those people who can jump high as ****. He says that doing heavy squats make your legs stronger, letting you push harder.

exactly right. one method we used to get higher jumps is to practice the front jump kick. jump, kick, and land all on the same leg. practice on both sides daily. squats with weights. standing jumping. one and two step jumping. run jumping. wall jumping. it all helps.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

like what he's doing in that vid where he jumps up onto the stack, thats the same idea as the digging a hole thing. it gives you a physical goal in the moment to reach. sometimes we can achieve more if we have a tangible goal and fall short, then push ourselves to succeed. imo start with something you can do, then set the bar just beyond your limit, then work until you reach it, then reset your bar.

do not know about flying among roof tops or tree tops.

However, there are practices for both light step and quick step.

1. Light steps

Light like a feather.

We step on a piece of cloth or paper and leave little foot prints.

We may start with tying weights on ankles. Walk with weights that is.

Over time, we remove the weights.

---

2. Quick steps

We may place used tires on the ground and place them is different orders.

We practice steps and changing steps.

We add speed as we get better.

---

Quote Originally Posted by BlackEChan View Post

traditional kung fu has training for jumping high, called jumping skill. and training for moving fast, called flying skill. if you are a black man, then we are the brothers from different mothers. I will reveal the secrets of this training. if you are the tightey whitey, the secrets of light body shall not pass my lips.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

he's not joking.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    In my dreams I am the only one who can fly, dreams of this nature used to bother me , now I just see this as a Buddha Mind resource. My ability to fly in dreams is based on my light skills training , otherwise, even though I am dreaming, there is nothing that guarantees that I do not fall to my death other than belief.
    I have been flying in my dreams since I was about 8 years old! It has never bothered me in the least.

I attribute it to having dreams in which I can fly!

I have never had the fear of falling to my death in a dream, although I have died in my dreams many times, I would say 20-30 times since I was 17 when I had my first dream death!

No light skills training, no Buddha Mind, no physical training necessary!

Just do it! But without the Nikes!

in my dreams i can teleport, shapeshift and bang everyones hot wife when ever i want. that shows the real power of my gong fu.