Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: OT: RIP Michael Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    The link I posted above

So did Michael, that is why I referred you to the above linked article!

Our knowledge of history tends to start when we are old enough to remember things usually around age 9 or 10. There were many blacks who were internationally known before Michael! Sidney Poitier was an internationally known and acclaimed actor, for one, Leslie Uggams another and others too, such as Diana Ross, etc

I'm not going to search these pages looking for some article. Simply state your point of view (Like I did) and defend it.

And if your knowledge of history starts when you were 9/10 years old then I don't know what to say other than "He who knows nothing other than his own generation is doomed to remain a child".

Also what all that had to do with MTV I haven't a clue.

i think he messed with those kids. personally. just like oj killed his wife and her boyfriend, and courtney love had a hit on kurt cobain
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Hey!! Is that the one I just bought??

You sure rooked me!!
    i rooked nothing! it was a MANLY TEAR. those are rare sir, almost as rare as Billy Mays.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

this is one of the funnest threads yet. watch this.

Michael Jackson was a humanitarian. You can see that by everything he did for the children. Just look at neverland !

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    I'm not going to search these pages looking for some article. Simply state your point of view (Like I did) and defend it.

And if your knowledge of history starts when you were 9/10 years old then I don't know what to say other than "He who knows nothing other than his own generation is doomed to remain a child".

Also what all that had to do with MTV I haven't a clue.
    I have been referring to some of my earlier posts and the article I posted a link too!

If you are too lazy to read, then I am too lazy to clarify!

That is my NEW point!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i rooked nothing! it was a MANLY TEAR. those are rare sir, almost as rare as Billy Mays.
    In that case as soon a I receive it I will freeze it for posterity!

In that case as soon a I receive it I will freeze it for posterity!
    I thank you for your custom!

If you are too lazy to read, then I am too lazy to clarify!

That is my NEW point!
    It's a little hard to read something if you don't even know where it's at.

In any case you win with whatever point you were trying to make.

Well this whole thread is more or less pointless anyway. I have been home sick for 5 days. I am pretty much just killing time.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    he was the first black man to do several things. you can go research it if you want all the meat and potatoes of what 'racial barriers' michael jackson had to face.

a couple examples.

first black teen star.

first black man on mtv. (which was fought heavily by MTV)

not to mention the influence he had on an entire generation of black performers.

"Michael Jackson made culture accept a person of color way before Tiger Woods, way before Oprah Winfrey, way before Barack Obama," said the Rev. Al Sharpton. "Michael did with music what they later did in sports and in politics and in television. And no controversy will erase the historic impact."

really the list goes on and on. I'm not a big fan of michael jackson (as in i dont and never have owned a MJ album, and dont listen to his music), but the facts are the facts.

also remember, he was 'black' for a good while before he started having his procedures.

*you can find more on this subject if you research it yourself.
    could be i don't give a crap enough to do so...but, I was 13 in 1980...i pretty much lived through his entire popularity...i myself remember far many other 'black' entertainers before him...so, my personal acceptance of 'black' entertainers happened way before MJ was crying about Billie Jean.

AND, I belive this was the first Black Guy on MTV:

http://www.mtv.com/shared/media/news...-hello-mtv.jpg

that is if there weren't other black performers being shown before MJ.

c'mon, face it...no matter what, he ended up as a joke. a sad, sad joke.

i do hope he's happy or at least 'not' anything he feels he has to change to be comfortable with himself.

and, i'm really kinda upset that Michael Valentine Smith was brought in to the same conversation as MJ...Jackson would be so much cooler if the punchline to his life were simply that he needed more seasoning.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by andyhaas View Post
    I dunno ... he was pretty successful as a kid and then again as an adult. The main thing that seemed to go wrong was when he was burnt onstage by those fireworks and he had skin / nose problems after that.

Overall, he was a good entertainer in those videos, though.
    wow, you drank the kool-aid, didn't you?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

oh and is it just me or were all his surgeries making him look like a twin of his sister janet?
    well, no, at one point they looked the same because she was having plastic surgury too....but then he went far beyond he look...he looked a lot like Diana Ross at one point...hard to say but ****, there are plenty of photos of him throughout his life...theories and reasons or excuses aside, you'd have to be a ******* not to see for yourself what was going on

He had a skin anomaly that caused white blotches and his response to it, trying to keep an even color, was viewed as trying to make himself a white guy (girl?). You might recall during the child molestation accusations they took photos of his little Mikie as evidence that the description by the victim was accurate.

On another note we're never going to get over racial problems when we continually keep everything separate according to race, like first black man this - first balck man that. You don't hear "the first freckled man to xxx" or "the first green eyed girl to xxx" so why make racial distinctions?
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    well, no, at one point they looked the same because she was having plastic surgury too....but then he went far beyond he look...he looked a lot like Diana Ross at one point...hard to say but ****, there are plenty of photos of him throughout his life...theories and reasons or excuses aside, you'd have to be a ******* not to see for yourself what was going on
    lol.

ive just been fuggin around on this thread really.

you should see some of the rises ive gotten out of people in person !

i actually will defer to everyone else on the specifics of jackson, cuz the truth is i dont really know anything about him.

but he sure is a controversial subject, which is just LOADS of fun.

Well this whole thread is more or less pointless anyway. I have been home sick for 5 days. I am pretty much just killing time.
    Don't give any excuses. You can't give us your own opinion without pointing to an article or to someone else's opinions then it can't be very good....can it?