Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Yanfan (Franco Testini)

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Fair enough. I am a buddhist. I never said I wasn't an a$$hole. Oftentimes to myself!
    I'm also buddhist and a biatch as well. must be hormones for me

The truth is that true shaolin warrior monks lived at the Shaolin Temple since they were kids. They had to eat "bitter" to survive. They endured a lot of abuse (but that's Shaolin and very chinese ) to become what they are today- true masters of Shaolin Kung Fu with heavy Buddhist beliefs instilled in them. All of their teachings were in Chinese and not one word of English either. Their qi field is vast. You can feel them miles if you know how to.

They just do not perform tricks like Wushu guys with tinfoil... In order to understand any of them, you should meet and get to know them well before making any judgment. They have a lot of power in their one finger and all they eat are vegetables, fungi and soy . everyday and all day long. I never knew that tofu and mushrooms can give you that type of strength. I should have listened to my momma more when i was younger!

From what I understand, Yan Fan was there for a coupla years as an adult. Does he actually speak Chinese? or even understand it?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDiva View Post

The truth is that true shaolin warrior monks lived at the Shaolin Temple since they were kids. They had to eat "bitter" to survive. They endured a lot of abuse (but that's Shaolin and very chinese ) to become what they are today- true masters of Shaolin Kung Fu with heavy Buddhist beliefs instilled in them. All of their teachings were in Chinese and not one word of English either. Their qi field is vast. You can feel them miles if you know how to.

They just do not perform tricks like Wushu guys with tinfoil... In order to understand any of them, you should meet and get to know them well before making any judgment. They have a lot of power in their one finger and all they eat are vegetables, fungi and soy . everyday and all day long. I never knew that tofu and mushrooms can give you that type of strength. I should have listened to my momma more when i was younger!

From what I understand, Yan Fan was there for a coupla years as an adult. Does he actually speak Chinese? or even understand it?
    Oh great. Another LARPer that thinks kung fu translates to "Wizards and awshum ninja majeek!"

It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    Oh great. Another LARPer that thinks kung fu translates to "Wizards and awshum ninja majeek!"

From your posting, I can see you have never met a true Shaolin monk from China. I dare you to come to the temple and actually meet one before you make your remarks. They aren't Japanese either... Ninjas are... Get your asian cultures straight before you post, thank you very much. That remark alone tells me how ignorant you really are.
    Last edited by ShaolinDiva; 05-31-2011 at 08:51 AM. Reason: spelling

From your posting, I can see you have never met a true Shaolin monk from China. I dare you to come to the temple in Temple City, CA and actually meet one before you make your remarks. They aren't Japanese either... Ninjas are... Get your asian cultures straight before you post, thank you very much. That remark alone tells me how ignorant you are.
    From your posts I can tell that you're either 12, or an idiot. Perhaps a combination of both.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

From your posts I can tell that you're either 12, or an idiot. Perhaps a combination of both.
    Nope , wrong answer! That's my daughter's age..... You lose again! Dude, do you even know any martial arts? or is it some type of fantasy for you?
    Last edited by ShaolinDiva; 05-31-2011 at 08:48 AM.

Nope , wrong answer! That's my daughter's age..... You lose again!
    Okay, so you're just an idiot.

Tell me, how exactly can you feel someone's "qi field" from miles away? You said you know how. Can you explain it to us?

And all that "power" they possess in their finger? Oh wow! I bet they can shoot lasers from their ass too!

Seriously, it is stupid shit like that that makes Chinese kung fu the laughing stock of the martial art world. You're not helping, only hindering.

Nope , wrong answer! That's my daughter's age..... You lose again! Dude, do you even know any martial arts? or is it some type of fantasy for you?
    Says the person that claims to be able to feel someone's "qi field" from miles away. And that the "Super Elite Shaolin Monks" have so much power in ONE FINGER!!

Seriously, grow up.

Wink

Okay, so you're just an idiot.

Tell me, how exactly can you feel someone's "qi field" from miles away? You said you know how. Can you explain it to us?

And all that "power" they possess in their finger? Oh wow! I bet they can shoot lasers from their ass too!

Seriously, it is stupid shit like that that makes Chinese kung fu the laughing stock of the martial art world. You're not helping, only hindering.
    AGAIN, you do not know what you're talking about so refrain from your childish comments.

In lament terms, acupuncture is based on qi circulation within the meridians and pressure points (324) in your body . A good acupuncturist can feel feel qi energetically on a person's body and they can feel a person's pain without ever touching them. Thus a person's sensitivity to energy (qi) is based on their own ability to sense it.

Shaolin monks cultivate their qi with their "dan tien" (google it) and their meridians with meditation and kung fu for decades thus their "qi field" is vast. Their diet is also an important aspect. Shaolin kung fu from Songshan Shaolin Temple , china isn't the same as regular joe blow southern shaolin. Different.

Energy is matter, isn't it? Well, so is qi. Qi , Ki (japanese) , reiki, plants, water, trees, earth, etc all the same shyt.... energy...

Do you want to put your money where your mouth is? Come to our temple (I'm sorry I do not belong to Yan fan's temple) and I'll prove it to you. Plus you get to meet me. I look pretty good for an old lady in a dress, just ask Gene. AND i know shaolin kung fu...
    Last edited by ShaolinDiva; 05-31-2011 at 09:12 AM.

AGAIN, you do not know what you're talking about so refrain from your childish comments.

In lament terms, acupuncture is based on qi circulation within the meridians and pressure points (324) your body . A good acupuncturist can feel feel qi energetically on a person's body and they can feel a person's pain without ever touching them. Thus a person's sensitivity to energy (qi) is based on their own ability to sense it.

Shaolin monks cultivate their qi with their "dan tien" (google it) and their meridians with meditation for decades thus their "qi field" is vast. Shaolin kung fu from Songshan Shaolin Temple , china isn't the same as regular joe blow southern shaolin. Different.

Energy is matter, isn't it? Well, so is qi. Qi , Ki (japanese) , reiki, plants, water, trees, earth, etc all the same shyt.... energy...

Do you want to put your money where your mouth is? Come to our temple (I'm sorry I do not belong to Yan fan's temple) and I'll prove it to you. Plus you get to meet me. I look pretty good for an old lady in a dress, just ask Gene. AND i know shaolin kung fu...
    You can name drop as much as you want. The fact that you claim to be able to feel people's "qi field" from miles away is enough to tell me you're living in your fantasy bubble where people can fly and iron palm can kill my ancestors.

You do realize that even the Shaolin Monks fight using San Da, right? How many of those guys do you see fighting with one finger? Oh wait, it must be because it is just TOO powerful, right?

My sentiments exactly, Wenshu.

Shaolin United

Both Shi Yanxu and Shi Yanfan are participating in SANA. Nothing like a move towards Shaolin unification to split students apart.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The Solution

Settle it the old fashioned way, at Tigerclaw's KungMagazine.com's tournament!!!

We'll see who has the better students.

Funny that nobody has answered this question. Today, you find more foreigners speaking fluently Chinese (putonghua or guoyu) and appear on TV shows and others and why you don't hear from those who are now monks speak the standard language of Mainland China.

i am impressed by every single shaolin athlete, including franco testini. i am disappointed in their students.
    Last edited by bawang; 06-01-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC