Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: more on the state of kung fu in china

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    [150rmb per hour,
    mooooooooooo

moooooooooooooo

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Wiz,

In your 3 years in Guangdong, have you checked out any of the schools (commercial or not) in Foshan, Nanhai district? There are at least 6 or 7 different styles and 15 to 20 different schools there. Hong Kong, Guangzhou? There are so many! I lived in China for 5 years and Guangdong for 2 (I'm guessing this year thing matters?), learned what I wanted until I had too much, and never paid that much.

Foreigners are going to be charged more for applications, or whatever they want to study, or for basically anything, whether they are tourists or living there. They make and have more money for the most part. No different in China than going to Thailand to train, fight, or watch. They even have a line for foreigners wanting to watch fights at Lumpinee stadium...

You pay more rent than most Chinese people do as well...

This idea that Chinese people are not being shown applications, I can see it, that is for those students who want to learn techniques and their teachers saying, "just do Sanda or Shuai Jiao." But that just isn't the case for all. I wouldn't even say that it is for most.

It is usually like that for the arts you have mentioned studying though. Funny that I guess.

Of course, if you have been studying anything for 6 years, and you cannot find the applications yourself, or can but just don't want to, and want to pay someone 150 rmb just to see their applications...you might want to reconsider what it is that you are doing. That is unless you just want to see things how they see them? There are only so many ways that the body can move though, right?
    Last edited by TAO YIN; 11-29-2012 at 07:59 AM.

I don't see the big deal of paying more than Chinese in China. I give private lessons and routinely charge my Chinese students double the typical amount. It all evens out.

Very reasonable!

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    150rmb per hour,very reasonable price
    That's only $23.84 USD for an hour private. You couldn't touch that here in the states. Most private lessons starts at 3x that here.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

It sounds like you have received exactly what you have asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    That's only $23.84 USD for an hour private. You couldn't touch that here in the states. Most private lessons starts at 3x that here.
    thats a weeks wage for a farmer. even after economy boom still like 3 days wage

Quote Originally Posted by B.Tunks View Post
    It sounds like you have received exactly what you have asked for.
    getting charged wads of cash to learn special stuff no other student learns

roffles
    Last edited by bawang; 11-29-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post

roffles
    everyone wins.

mooooooooooo

moooooooooooooo
    moooooooooooooo?

roffles
    He lives in Shenzhen not a village! I don't know when you left China but now even an average Ayi can make 3000~5000 RMB a month just to make ends meet.

As for other kinds of private classes in the expensive Chinese cities it costs 200~300 for a Chinese student to learn math from a good teacher or learn English from an average native speaker(professional teacher). It costs 100~200RMB to learn Mandarin from a good teacher. 100 for low level piano teachers, ...

A good MA teacher needs to work on his skills way harder than these people so 100~150 is not really too much for this kind of market in expensive Chinese cities.
    Last edited by xinyidizi; 11-29-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TAO YIN View Post
    Wiz,

No different in China than going to Thailand to train, fight, or watch. They even have a line for foreigners wanting to watch fights at Lumpinee stadium...
    First thing I learned in China was never pay more than a third of whatever they quote you and your still getting ripped off...(merchandise not Kung Fu)....

My favorite part about Thailand is the two prices posted on their National Parks, the low price written in Thai...and the farang rate in English....

Quote Originally Posted by xinyidizi View Post
    A good MA teacher needs to work on his skills way harder than these people so 100~150 is not really too much for this kind of market in expensive Chinese cities.
    looking for real kung fu in expensive chinese cities

lolz
    Last edited by bawang; 11-29-2012 at 08:41 PM.

i make 10,000 a month working part time. 150 is nothing for a private lesson with a shaolin monk. you guys are jealous and ignorant nothing more, keep hating i like the attention.

Jealous of your non-application Kung fu? You bet.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

no i got the application, now you guys were hating about the price remember

we noticed you "like the attention"

you come on here asking for advice or complaining or whatever, but when people give you suggestions, you say they are hating.