Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Since you losers closed this topic here's my reply to "America: Worst Terrorist"

KC Elbows Guest
    I agree in some ways. A lot of people use the American Dream as an excuse for all the wrong things. However, I know many people who beleive in an American Dream that is a noble dream, and there are people who work to achieve it in the world around them. I think the fault lies not with the dream, but the dreamer.

Anyway, glad we could discuss this. I've gotta go to practice, so have a good night.

Arioch7 Guest
    Ok, I HAVE an education and I have also served in the armed forces.

BTW, Sam... as an avid H.P. Lovecraft fan, I like what your posting! Precious.

This next section is devoted to critics of the Republic.

The Founding Fathers acheived the first Government that was run BY the people. I understand that you want to go back to days when you were part of a SYSTEM.

Well, I dont know why you all refused to comment on my sarcastic thread but I believe it is pertinent. It probably is my ego, LOL!

When capitalists like myself say that our system is historically best, the other side comments that the alternitves have not been tried with enough CONVICTION.

I LIKE the fact that I rise and fall on my own fortunes. What is your beef? If I get hurt, I get NOTHING. If my employees get hurt, they are very well off. What is the frickin' problem?

What would my detractors have me do differently?

BTW, its Lord Arioch to you! :D

[This message was edited by Arioch7 on 10-24-01 at 05:00 PM.]

[This message was edited by Arioch7 on 10-24-01 at 05:03 PM.]

MoQ Guest
    KC- sorry but I inadvertantly deleted my post(as I most often do)... The problem may not be that the "dream" is comprised of literally INSERTED red herring images meant to in effect "program" an individual, but that few people really want to wake.
    If everyone thinks they are already "free", then any doubt is treated as "negative"... BUT, the term "negative" connotates an accepted "positive" that is being negated.
    I am a "patriot" in a real Patrick Henry kina way and I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS BS going on today is CONSTITUTIONAL and I KNOW THESE SELFISH *******S ARE TRYIN' TO RULE THE FRIGGIN' WORLD AND THIS TIME AROUND THEY MAY PULL IT OFF! Ya'll gotta wake up or each one of us will die alone fighting some Fed agency in defense of our land, family, possessions or person. You'll all laugh to yourself about the "freaks" until it's YOUR TURN...

... and SERIOUSLY, what are THESE guys up to?
    http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/8425/TRILAT.HTM

Arioch7 Guest
    MoQ, I was reading your post. I would like you to elaborate on a few things.

I do not think I am FREE, I see the results of control everywhere.

Take this example. I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt... now in Massachusetts we have a law that says you have to wear a seatbelt. I always wore it ANYWAY.

Now, since the Supreme Court ruled that the Police could arrest you for NOTHING! Then hold you in jail while they clean everything up and dismiss you if they are wrong(The SUPREME COURT gave them this right this very year.)

So now I have state troopers making me wear my seatbelt at gunpoint... for the GOOD of society. Maybe for the good of insurance rates but NOT GOOD FOR THE FREEDOM OF THIS COUNTRIES CIVILIANS! Civilians who are the de facto rulers of this country... supposebly.

I know this is a small example and many of you might think I am overstating this point. However, if this happens with something so minor... what will happen in the future?

Will they declare rockclimbing ILLEGAL because of the many injuries and the damage they impose on society?

Will they make me wear a hat in the winter... LOL!:D

I am not having that... PERIOD!!!

MoQ Guest
    Arioch- America is supposed to be a republic but it's the $$$ manipulating the accursed democracy that is to be our undoing.
    We *****ed too much about the separation of church and state, then for some stupid dang reason we neglected some commerce and state barriers and soon the governments and the corporations will have a Big Deal(with the banks that have loansharked everyfukkinbody) and as half of protestants go back to a New Catholic Church, ... well, it's a Beautiful World(or else).

I am not talking about some alien DNA spliced hybrid Hitlerian Rothschild shapeshifting reptilian *******-Rockefeller Satanist Disney Execs, tortural children and abusing CIA programmed sexslaves, buying all technologically available social advertizing manipulation and Lone Gunman Therapy made possible by the 3rd Reich research in mind control and then reporting back to a central committee of 4th dimensional reptile Watchers that were banished and now are BACK!!!
    I don't need to here.
    I'm just saying that you owe it to yourself, your family and everyone you know, to keep an eye on this "New World Order" stuff. There's something rotten the state of...

Arioch7 Guest
    Believe it or not, I think i know what you are saying.

I have to retire but I will continue this post when I get up!

Sam Wiley Guest
    Actually, no, I have not read any of Gaiman's work. I have heard it is very good, though. I read several books at once, trying to fit in as much as possible, but I can't get to all of them. Right now I am reading Black Elk Speaks and Seven Arrows, kind of heavy reading I know, but beautiful. I'm one of those guys with too many irons in the fire. Oh, and I believe the story you are referring to is actually <.i>Jerusalem's Lot[/i], the one I was talking about above. It is most definitely written in Lovecraft's universe. However, no one can really complain, as HPL himself encouraged others to write stories about the world he invented.

That remoinds me...anyone know where I can get a cpoy of The Hounds of Tindalos? I haven't been able to find a copy and I have been looking for a long time now. It was written by Frank Belknap Long.

Kiasyd Guest

Sam,

No, I don't think it is Jerusalem's Lot, that is the tale about the "creatures" that live between the walls of the old house, it's another one, more "Chutuluish" :)

I'll find the name of this tale, and post it here later.

About "the Hound of Tindalos", I'm afraid I cannot help you... As I live in Brazil, sometimes is difficult to find copies of usual books :P

-- Kiasyd

Kiasyd Guest

Sam,

I think I said that the short story I mentioned is in another book, "Nightmares and Dreamscapes", now I don't remember if the tale is "Crouch End" or "the House on Maple Street".

I can check this tonight, when I get home :)

BTW, Tell me later if "Black Elk Speaks" and "Seven Arrows" are good as they sound... I'm considering reading these sometime ;)

-- Kiasyd

Sam Wiley Guest
    Yog Sothoth is summoned with the book, Mysteries of the worm in Jerusalem's Lot. But, I think it does begin with things living inside the walls. Anyway, I haven't read Nightmares and Dreamscapes yet. Yet another one on my long long waiting list. And I'll let you know about those two books when I'm finished with them.

KC Elbows Guest
    Did you guys like the movie "In the Moth of Madness"?

Take 2:
    Did you guys like the movie "In the Mouth of Madness"? I thought it was one of the better attempts at Lovecraft type horror in film.

I know, I could have just fixed my typo, but I liked the concept of the Moth of Madness. Lovercraft meets Burroughs, barring the existence of a huge bug zapper.

Kung Lek Guest
    From Beyond, was waaaaaaayyyyyyy freaky.

Oh that unholy trio, what were they thinking? hee hee hee. :D

Sam, you a member of any "lodge" ;) or just a "free" thinker?

By the way, has anyone played Pokethulu yet? Bwahahahahahaha, priceless!

(insert secret handshake here)
    peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links

omegapoint Guest

MOS=AFSC

MP: You know the AeroForce. They like to feel as though they are separate from the rest of the military. Airmen are special. Yeah, right. In the Farce it's called an AFSC (AF Specialty Code). I was a Pararescuemen, PJ, Pararescue Operator, whatever you wanna call it. It's kinda' like a rescue swimmer on 'roids! All I got out of it was continuous training and my Paramedics certification. I hated jumping (fast-roping and parachuting), but loved diving and such. Learning how to blow things up and handling the various 'toys' was cool though. I shoulda' did Combat Control. Ever heard of THEM Watchman? Anyways the military sux, although I have true empathy for the institutionalized slaves we call soldiers and such!

'Lek: You just had to use that 'Apex' word. Trikkky, trikkky, trikkky... Hahahaha!

Later theorists'...

MoQ Guest
    Ahh, Yog-Sothoth... probably being summoned by embedded subcodes in our Microsoft programs all day long...

The Old Ones were and will be again! World Tour begins soon! Dates to be announced!

Lovecraft really showed us some things, including a very poignant "Don't follow me, I'm lost" message, in his work. The conveyance of abject "dread of the unknown", perhaps his greatest skill, attempted to give a face to the faceless horror and references to his ideas are ubiquitous, now that fear has gone hi-tech and as always proves such a useful psych tool.

Too bad the creative guys spend so much time hyperdetailing carvivorous evil. Nihilism isn't all that creative when you think about it... Or maybe DON'T THINK, we could just get ugly and join up with'em eh? Haha, the toughest of us stumbing about pathetically like the little birdie in Dr. Seuss' "Are You My Mother?"

Makes me want to go to Disney World for programming, or maybe that's just the nanobots in my Lucky Charms... ;)

"Even though I'm feeling good, something tells me I better activate my Prayer Capsule!"

Since this topic heading seemed apt for my subject, and I don't want to create another political thread, I'll just hijack this one:

So, it's pretty clear that all of the candidates for both parties believe that Ronald Reagan was the best president in history, and they're pretty much right.

So, who do you think best espouses Reagan's ideals?

And, why don't we just bring the old codger back for another term in office? We have the cloning technology, don't we? And I hear he froze some of his semen some years back......

Reagan '08? Reagan forever?

BTW, I love Ronald Reagan like I love tacos.
    1bad65--They Call Him Ore Ida, the Tater-Terminator
    http://www.freewebs.com/shaolinninjitsu/
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    We had to shut down our first Shaolin Ninjitsu in Shangdong when a key mistranslation of ancient scrolls led to the entire clan bowing down to incense and burning buddhas everywhere in the province.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Takeshi View Post
    Trolling? What does fishing have to do with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    Ashida Kim taught me everything I ever needed to know about the missile dropkick.