View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1287 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 287787118712371277128512861287128812891297 ... LastLast
Results 19,291 to 19,305 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ797 View Post
    There are nine 8th degrees and one 9th. If the Soards split - or get thrown out - I would expect some super grand master title to pop up in Denver.

As to the rest, only Leonard and Smith have egos big enough to make themselves grand masters - but they are the most loyal to Sin The. So, they will not be splitting.

Of the remaining six 8th degrees I don't see Mingione or Price going anywhere.

Grooms and Mullins both appear to be gone already. That leaves us with Green and Nance as possible defectors. Don't know much about Green - but I don't see Grooms, Mullins or Nance making themselves grand masters. They will just teach what they feel best about teaching.
    There's also Mingogne (sp?). He doesn't have a large class, but he is up there in rank and skill.

It would not surprise me if any/all the defectors started calling themselves the grandmaster of their style. I would also expect them to start teaching material that they were not allowed to teach under Sin The to further distinguish themselves. I would also expect their to be more reaching out to Hiang The and his students as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Is Shaolin-Do real

Is Shaolin-Do Dead

Fixed it!
    BQ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    Is Shaolin-Do real

Is Shaolin-Do Dead

Fixed it!
    BQ
    So is it dead?

It will never be dead some will save way they think is good others will save what others think is bad. Nothing is ever created or destroyed
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

It will never be dead some will save way they think is good others will save what others think is bad. Nothing is ever created or destroyed
    Shaolin Do is very fake with even faker people behind it. Shaolin Do = Delusional Cult Followers.

Blog Entries
    Wow. This news really must've really been big. One whole person heard something.

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    Monkey beaks and hairy freaks.
    strawberry feeeeels forever

Maybe

Their waiting until after the fall gathering to make whatever announcement there is (if there is an announcement). They're pitching the gathering in a strange way this year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    Their waiting until after the fall gathering to make whatever announcement there is (if there is an announcement). They're pitching the gathering in a strange way this year.
    Strange in what way?

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    Strange in what way?
    I'm no expert on the Lexington fall gathering because I've never actually gone. Still, this year, my sifu is having an informational meeting for everyone interested in going to talk about what will happen there. He's never done that before. Also, testing is scheduled for a different weekend altogether, which is also different from times past. I'm not sure any of this means anything but I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop since KC was getting all cryptic up in here and these seem to be deviations from the norm.

Pm

THe shoe is dropping slowly per a PM to me. But more will happen soon . KC wait and see.
    A Fool is Born every Day !

12. Any Colorado folks or anyone else for that matter that would like to train some internal arts with Elder Master Gary send me a PM.

13. Wow this group I found has a ton of older but interesting data on this subject...

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.martial-arts/sin$20kwang$20the%7Csort:relevance

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky View Post
    Wow this group I found has a ton of older but interesting data on this subject...

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.martial-arts/sin$20kwang$20the%7Csort:relevance
    Looks like the same old stuff to me...

Blog Entries

100% bullsh1t......

> FUKIEN TEMPLE-only 24 forms???
    >
    > If Shaolin Do is from the Fukien Temple, why do they have so little material
    > from the temple it came from? They have more material from the other temples
    > by far! How is this explained?

In the same book you got that information from, it goes into the history of Su
    Kong. Normally, very few were allowed to learn all of a style and almost never
    more than one because of issues of trust. Since Su Kong was orphaned and raised
    in the temple by the monks, they had complete trust in Su Kong. He was the first
    to go around to all the temples and master every form of shaolin. Thus, Su Kong
    knew everything in ALL the temples but was at the Fukien temple during his life.
    Grandmaster Ie was Su Kong's direct student. He learned everything Su Kong
    learned.

You Say: Well, the temple was burned losing a lot of documentation on all
    those forms.
    How could he remember all that?

Answer: Some of this survived when the temple was burned because the monks
    had knowledge in advance that the troops were coming to raid the temple(the
    leader was shaolin). When the troops arrived, they found the temple already
    burned. The shaolin monks burned the temple themselves. Since they knew in
    advance about the plot, they obviously took some stuff with them.

Anyway, Sin The was a direct student of Grandmaster Ie. Therefore, as proved
    above, he knows more than just what was at the Fukien temple.

Were you in active in debate in school James? You argue like a CX'er.

B Slone

LMAO at all of that
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better