View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 869 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 369769819859867868869870871879919969 ... LastLast
Results 13,021 to 13,035 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Thumbs down Boo to trolls!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    I have no secrets anymore , sorry .
    ...I can tell you why you are wrong based on the info that is available to all of us.
    logic would tell you something different than what you are saying.

Why dont you reveal yourself...??
    Because what fun would it be if everybody knew that? Anonymous trolling is like being a superhero that way, but trolls just annoy the fluck outta everyone...

The point is if he/she really knew what it was talking about, then it wouldn't need to hide it's sources or it's identity.

Hey JP What's Crackin on the East Coast?
    Last edited by Tao Of The Fist; 10-19-2009 at 01:16 PM. Reason: shoutout
    Although the changes are infinite, the principles are the same.
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill.
    - Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Tao Of The Fist View Post
    Don't know much myself. I don't get to go to class anymore so I don't get any gossip or news on SD politics. Most of my time is spent at work or with the family with a little time to play around in some martial arts from time to time in between. I miss the time training in school, but don't miss all the politics. I may get back into class someday. I certainly want my daughter to learn when she gets old enough so this will always be a part of my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Yeah ...

Because what fun would it be if everybody knew that? Anonymous trolling is like being a superhero that way, but trolls just annoy the fluck outta everyone...

The point is if he/she really knew what it was talking about, then it wouldn't need to hide it's sources or it's identity.

....just makes me wonder why someone would TRY to throw me under the bus though.....whatever
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 10-19-2009 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Don't know much myself. I don't get to go to class anymore so I don't get any gossip or news on SD politics. Most of my time is spent at work or with the family with a little time to play around in some martial arts from time to time in between. I miss the time training in school, but don't miss all the politics. I may get back into class someday. I certainly want my daughter to learn when she gets old enough so this will always be a part of my life.
    Yeah I know where your at almost, except I'm lookin for a job and i'm trying to get a plane ticket to see my family. I dont practice SD anymore either, although I try to maintain the good relationship I have with the ppl in it. You take care now.
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill.
    - Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee

Question

....just makes me wonder why someone would TRY to throw me under the bus though.....whatever
    I don't know, maybe you rubbed them the wrong way? Or maybe you accidently hit them upside the head with your kwandao while trying to rush to get to class on time... accidental
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

- Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee

I don't know, maybe you rubbed them the wrong way? Or maybe you accidently hit them upside the head with your kwandao while trying to rush to get to class on time... accidental
    Yeah , I hear that sometimes.I dont have accidents, I do things on purpose.

Thumbs up Fair enough.

Here's the issue starr. You have made 6 posts. No one know who you are, what your experiences are, or how you are in such a position to know these things. Call us cynical, but anonomyous sources have zero credibility. I'm not even commenting on what you are saying, but why should anyone believe it? It's not like people haven't tried to troll these issues before.

Unless you are willing to identify yourself and your background, then no one will believe you.
    Understood. (Hey I finally figured out this 'quote' thing!)

But I'm personally receiving information from four fronts, so I can't be anything but anonymous right now or I'll lose all of my sources of information. And I'll make quite a few enemies in the process. And I'm not going to be the next person accused of something!

And I might be new at this forum stuff and don't know what "trolling" is or how things work, but I don't think credibility relies on revealing your own identity.

I'm just passing on the info how it is said to me. This isn't second hand stuff or speculation. And I'm not opening my mouth to be the big man on campus. There's a lot of confusion here and a lot of stuff not coming out. I'm trying to be fair to all sides and I'm keeping my opinions to myself.

I think it is everyone's right to be cynical, suspicious, and to decide for themselves if my personal information is worthy, accurate, or makes sense.

Like I said, take it or leave it. I'm not trying to force anything down anyone's throat.

Quote Originally Posted by starr View Post

But I'm personally receiving information from four fronts, so I can't be anything but anonymous right now or I'll lose all of my sources of information. And I'll make quite a few enemies in the process. And I'm not going to be the next person accused of something!

And I might be new at this forum stuff and don't know what "trolling" is or how things work, but I don't think credibility relies on revealing your own identity.

I'm just passing on the info how it is said to me. This isn't second hand stuff or speculation. And I'm not opening my mouth to be the big man on campus. There's a lot of confusion here and a lot of stuff not coming out. I'm trying to be fair to all sides and I'm keeping my opinions to myself.

I think it is everyone's right to be cynical, suspicious, and to decide for themselves if my personal information is worthy, accurate, or makes sense.

Like I said, take it or leave it. I'm not trying to force anything down anyone's throat.
    What are you getting out of all of this then??

Think about what you are saying here.....it just doesnt make sense.

I could try and explain it to you but I doubt you would understand.

Talking Just some friendly advice.

Quote Originally Posted by starr View Post

Well, just for future reference, when presenting information like 'the reason GMT flip flopped was cause he was scared of blackmail', you need to provide a little more information than that, otherwise it sounds like opinion. You don't necessarily need to reveal your sources names if you don't wanna cause trouble, but give an idea of where you got your information. Like for me, I get my info from people directly involved, like the LV instructor here and SM Grooms and people like that. I try to get the correct information but mainly for myself. I don't post alot of the things that are goin on if I feel like the ppl involved dont want me to post it.
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

- Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee

Life Lessons . . .

JP: Your PM quota is full.
    Just One Student

"I seek, not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions." --- Kwai Chang Caine

(I'd really like to know all the answers, too, but understanding the questions, like most of my martial arts practice, is a more realistically attainable goal)

Well, just for future reference, when presenting information like 'the reason GMT flip flopped was cause he was scared of blackmail', you need to provide a little more information than that, otherwise it sounds like opinion. You don't necessarily need to reveal your sources names if you don't wanna cause trouble, but give an idea of where you got your information. Like for me, I get my info from people directly involved, like the LV instructor here and SM Grooms and people like that. I try to get the correct information but mainly for myself. I don't post alot of the things that are goin on if I feel like the ppl involved dont want me to post it.
    Its obviously someone who has an ax to grind and wants to see what they can stir up . Accusing good people of blackmail is a serious charge....not failing to mention all the holes in that line of thought.

The reason he flipped flopped?

I can only guess but I know a little info and it's probably a dam good guess.

I personally can't see either Mullins or Grooms getting involved in this situation just because someone from the nine schools contacted them and said, "Can we join you."

I think they were originally contacted by either The' or the Soards and given a business proposition to buy the rights to the nine schools from the Soards. This is what I think happened.

Several questions:

Are they now going to be two schools in Phoenix? If not I really feel for that poor guy who picked up his belongings and moved a 1,000 miles away just to be told several weeks later "Forget it!"

Also, what's going to happen to the people in Boulder who were kicked out of the art? That's a whole different ballywick.

Excellent questions!

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post

I personally can't see either Mullins or Grooms getting involved in this situation just because someone from the nine schools contacted them and said, "Can we join you."

I think they were originally contacted by either The' or the Soards and given a business proposition to buy the rights to the nine schools from the Soards. This is what I think happened.

Several questions:

Are they now going to be two schools in Phoenix? If not I really feel for that poor guy who picked up his belongings and moved a 1,000 miles away just to be told several weeks later "Forget it!"

Also, what's going to happen to the people in Boulder who were kicked out of the art? That's a whole different ballywick.

Those are **** good questions. That's why you're my favorite on here, BD! And you do have the knack for deduction.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post

Several questions:

Nope....wrong

other school in phoenix.. www.phoenixshaolin.com

They are probably SOL
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 10-19-2009 at 08:31 PM.

Nope....wrong

other school in phoenix.. www.phoenixshaolin.com

They are probably SOL

Wrong about what? Mullins and Grooms buying the schools?

Do you think that those two guys just said "Yeah, out of the goodness of our hearts we'll let the nine schools be associated with us and we don't care if it pises off The' or generates a bigass law suit against us from the Soards."