Thread: Tony Cecchine's new video series

Tony Cecchine's new video series

Haven't bought it yet, but the promo-teaser looks real good. I like his nhb, mma approach - it's not just about catch wrestling. Real street-wise stuff, including what looks like some good boxing, knees, elbows, kicks, etc.

Here's the promo: http://www.paladin-press.com/product/1142/18

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    Haven't bought it yet, but the promo-teaser looks real good. I like his nhb, mma approach - it's not just about catch wrestling. Real street-wise stuff, including what looks like some good boxing, knees, elbows, kicks, etc.

Here's the promo: http://www.paladin-press.com/product/1142/18
    tony Cecchine... funny stuff man. Good times. Maybe I should do a DVD too. I'll call it ... How to kill people in a fight, no tapping allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by monji112000 View Post
    tony Cecchine... funny stuff man. Good times. Maybe I should do a DVD too. I'll call it ... How to kill people in a fight, no tapping allowed.
    Is it the marketing of the product or the person (Tony) that you don't like? Just curious I have only heard good things about Tony before.
    "God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

I actually appear in the series. Tony's very proud of it -- and in a way, it is the unofficial sequel to Lost Art of Hooking.

I can't speak to the marketing. All I can tell you is that it doesn't try to sell you magic bullets. Lots of stress put on the fundamentals, beginning with stance, level changing, head movement, etc., on the feet -- with an emphasis on closing distance. You can't score a take down from a half-mile away, after all (unless you get lucky, or you are fighting either an unskilled guy or a guy who is comfortable fighting off his back -- which is not really a good idea in a street fight, but hey, to each his own).

Reviews thus far have been great.

What we are beginning to stress more and more is getting inside and scoring hooks off of takedowns or throws with a high percentage (eg., high crotch take down directly into a top wrist lock or a heel hook, depending on where your momentum takes you).

Anyway, it's good stuff, and I'm happy that I got to be a part of it. Over 16 hours of material on the 12-disc set.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin73 View Post
    Is it the marketing of the product or the person (Tony) that you don't like? Just curious I have only heard good things about Tony before.
    if you have only heard good things about tony then you really need to read the grappling forums alot more

Quote Originally Posted by monji112000 View Post
    LMAO i personally loved this bit
    Arguably the most brutal mixed martial art practiced today, catch wrestling's devastating arsenal of strikes
    good god do people actually still buy these tapes why dont just go to a good MMA school and learn this stuff from someone who can actually make it work

Frost, you'd better watch it. Pretty soon people will accuse you of being another t.

Go to school, learn from someone who knows how to do it. Whats wrong with you man? Next thing you know your going to suggest rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
    Frost, you'd better watch it. Pretty soon people will accuse you of being another t.

Go to school, learn from someone who knows how to do it. Whats wrong with you man? Next thing you know your going to suggest rolling.

i know silly isn't it, i mean why go and learn from a good coach directly whose students actually compete when you can instead spend a fortune on a dvd set from someone who has never competed at any level ( i know i know he has a bad back )and who apparently made up his golden gloves boxing wins

Ugh. The same silly lies and misinformation, passed on years and years and years later.

First off, I've trained at Tony's gym. Second, I know people Tony's trained who have competed and won -- from Jason Godsey at Pancrase to Mike Martelle to Shoney Carter (who appears in one of Tony's early seminar tapes and is being taught a double wrist lock and a wrestling escape from the guard).

Too often, people like "Frost" feel the need to show off their vast knowledge of internet rumor -- without giving the material any kind of objective review. THAT'S what's silly.

Not everyone thinks competing in MMA is the height of achievement as a fighter. Tony has NEVER had any interest in it, in fact. But take it from someone who's trained with him: he knows his stuff, and it's very real.

If you are in to training for grappling competitions, Tony did a DVD series with a jiujitsu black belt (who has long testified to Tony's skills).

In his new book, Rough and Tumble, Erik Paulson includes a chapter on Cecchine, praising Tony's skills and material.

At any rate, the age of the internet back and forth bashing is done. YouTube allows you to take a look at the clips for yourselves and make an informed decision. There are several clips up from Snap, No Tap. It's a great series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU9CjBIxD8U

Quote Originally Posted by JeffG View Post
    Ugh. The same silly lies and misinformation, passed on years and years and years later.

First off, I've trained at Tony's gym. Second, I know people Tony's trained who have competed and won -- from Jason Godsey at Pancrase to Mike Martelle to Shoney Carter (who appears in one of Tony's early seminar tapes and is being taught a double wrist lock and a wrestling escape from the guard).

Too often, people like "Frost" feel the need to show off their vast knowledge of internet rumor -- without giving the material any kind of objective review. THAT'S what's silly.

Not everyone thinks competing in MMA is the height of achievement as a fighter. Tony has NEVER had any interest in it, in fact. But take it from someone who's trained with him: he knows his stuff, and it's very real.

If you are in to training for grappling competitions, Tony did a DVD series with a jiujitsu black belt (who has long testified to Tony's skills).

In his new book, Rough and Tumble, Erik Paulson includes a chapter on Cecchine, praising Tony's skills and material.

At any rate, the age of the internet back and forth bashing is done. YouTube allows you to take a look at the clips for yourselves and make an informed decision. There are several clips up from Snap, No Tap. It's a great series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU9CjBIxD8U
    lol at rumour and hearsay, are you honestly saying people dont say bad things about tony, people who have been rpped off by him?

some other facts he claimed to be a golden gloves champ, when no record of him exists, fact he has never competed

No offense but as i said why would i learn from him when i have access to guys who compete and who train ufc fighters...not have then at a seminar but actually train them full time? why would anyone......

trane ufc fighters, IMO.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Does Tony teach some good stuff, yes

Does Tony have some skill, yes

Has Tony made claims that turned out to be lies, yes

Has Tony ripped off people who paid him money, yes

Has Tony's mouth and bad attitude made enemies out of a lot of people, yes

Claiming to be the ONLY representative of catch wrestling, bad mouting Gene LeBell, bad mouthing a host of Japanese fighters, bad mouthing sambo, bad mouthing BJJ, claiming to have tapped a black belt in BJJ then refusing to name them, etc have all gotten Tony a bad rep
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....