Page 76 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2908

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    So, because Marc Rich did it, it's okay for Sarah Palin, her husband and members of her staff to do it?
    They evaded paying their taxes and illegally made oil deals with Iran?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

So, because Marc Rich did it, it's okay for Sarah Palin, her husband and members of her staff to do it?
    Another member of the "Two wrongs make a right" club.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    What does any of that have to do with the curent election?
    What does Scooter Libby and how I address someone as Mr, Mrs, or by their last name have to do with the current debate?

And yet I still answered the questions.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    What does Scooter Libby and how I address someone as Mr, Mrs, or by their last name have to do with the current debate?

And yet I still answered the questions.

I haven't a clue...especially since I didn't bring up any of that!

They evaded paying their taxes and illegally made oil deals with Iran?
    Let those who screwed up suffer the consequences of their mistakes.

Yeah, I know. It's a novel idea.
    Yet, you seem opposed to Sarah Palin answering for her mistakes and suffering the consequences, if any. Why is that? Is it because she is a Republican or, more importantly perhaps, a conservative?
    Last edited by Reality_Check; 09-29-2008 at 09:34 AM. Reason: typo

It's a partisan witch hunt.

The first mud you guys tried to sling on her was that her last child was really her daughters and she faked a pregnancy. A bs political investigation is child's play compared to that garbage.

Even the mainstream, liberal press is not really covering these trumped-up charges.

It's a partisan witch hunt. .
    8 Republicans and 4 Democrats = partisan?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

It's a partisan witch hunt....Even the mainstream, liberal press is not really covering these trumped-up charges.
    So, you posted against the investigation when it began earlier this year? I don't recall seeing those posts. Were the charges trumped up before she was selected as John McCain's running mate or after the McCain Campaign made the determination that it could prove to be politically damaging?

Also, I would just like you to make it clear when it's okay to defy the law and when it isn't. According to you, it is sometimes okay to not suffer the consequences of one's actions.

Sarah Palin made the decision to fire Walt Monegan. The Alaskan Legislature decided that it warranted an investigation into abuse of power. Actions = Consequences.

As for the partisanship...

And by "partisan" you mean Republican, right? Since the 8 Republicans and 4 Democrats on the Legislative Council voted unanimously to investigate.

http://community.adn.com/node/127894

http://www.adn.com/monegan/story/478090.html

Sarah Palin said that she did not exert pressure to get rid of Trooper Wooten. That was proven to be wrong.

http://www.adn.com/monegan/story/492964.html

http://www.adn.com/front/story/468174.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...303210_pf.html

She also said that she welcomed the investigation.

http://community.adn.com/node/127894

Only to reverse course after she was picked as John McCain's running mate.

http://www.adn.com/front/story/522488.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4445777.shtml

Also, the Republican Attorney General in Alaska (appointed by Sarah Palin) has decided not to enforce the law.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26742379/

Her informal ethics advisor warned Sarah Palin about the issue.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1221...ign2008_topbox

An Alaskan judge specifically warned Sarah Palin about harassing her ex-brother in law.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/158140

She also claimed that she had fired Walt Monegan because he had gone to Washington to seek federal funds for an aggressive anti-sexual-violence program. Of course, he had received permission to go from her staff.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Blotter/st...5844710&page=1

Of course that is only the most recent in her ever shifting rationale for firing him.

"Most recently the shifting public explanations for why Monegan was fired have looked shaky — at one point, it was that they didn't share the same general law enforcement priorities, at another it was that he hadn't done enough to crack down on rural bootlegging, and most recently it was for his unauthorized travel to Washington to lobby for federal dollars."

http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...3678-2,00.html
    As for the press not covering this...

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&q=...-8&sa=N&tab=wn

Do they know they're not covering it?

So, you posted against the investigation when it began earlier this year? I don't recall seeing those posts. Were the charges trumped up before she was selected as John McCain's running mate or after the McCain Campaign made the determination that it could prove to be politically damaging?
    The fake pregnancy trash was said AFTER she was chosen.

Also, I would just like you to make it clear when it's okay to defy the law and when it isn't. According to you, it is sometimes okay to not suffer the consequences of one's actions.
    You're an idiot. Where did I say that?

Sarah Palin made the decision to fire Walt Monegan. The Alaskan Legislature decided that it warranted an investigation into abuse of power. Actions = Consequences.
    Who supeona'd her? What is the makeup of the Alaskan Legislature?

As for the press not covering this...
    I said they are 'not really covering' it. It gets a mention here and there. If there was anything to it, they would be screaming it from from the rooftops.

It's a partisan witch hunt.

The first mud you guys tried to sling on her was that her last child was really her daughters and she faked a pregnancy. A bs political investigation is child's play compared to that garbage.

Even the mainstream, liberal press is not really covering these trumped-up charges.
    I haven't slung any mud....Liberals don't sling mud....democrats have been known to do so from time to time and conservatives invented the art.

However with you it seems like every other post is an attack directed at someone. Lately you seem to use the term "Acorn" in every other posts....as far as I'm concerned acorns are something that fall off trees!

In any case you complain about the mud slinging while you are scooping it out with double handfuls.

ACORN is as pertinent to this as Keating and the S&L issue is to McCain.

Now, the connection AND profitability of one bailout scandal HAS been connected to John McCain. Of course, he DID express regret (but no money ever went out of HIS or His wife's pockets to back that regret up) for his role in being "duped" by the smooth talking Keating.

Strange how that bailout was required and OK with John Boy.

Now, where is the money that Obama was to get from ACORN?

While we are at it, what about McCain...and all of the others releasing their financial records and medical evaluations and records?

Palin got an extension for her limited financials - putting her release date AFTER her one and only debate...how convenient.

McCain WAS tortured in Viet Nam. He sustained some injuries from his crash and capture, he has had issues with cancer...so the man's age and health ARE issues for him being medically able to perform the duties of what is arguably one of the most difficult and stressful jobs in the world.

According to longevity researchers, the age of your parents (genetic issues) accounts for only about 10% to no more than 20% of your life expectancy. The rest has to do with what has happened to you in your life...lifestyle, stress, personality in dealing with stress...

So...his health in light of his life ARE issues. AND...Palin's experience and fitness for the presidency is MORE of an issue for her than it is for Biden...since barring acts of violence or accident, McCain's life expectancy is actually at negative numbers for most of his term...according to actuarial tables.

The Alaskan Legislature decided that it warranted an investigation into abuse of power.
    This statement is not true.

As for Palin's last child... the more telling thing is her reaction to the medical issues just before delivery...as in leaving several opportunities to seek world class medical care for a pregnancy issue that was SERIOUS...to go to hometown...

From a posting from a OB-Gyn :

"Those of us who are professionals in the medical community, specifically in obstetrics, have been having a field day with the issue of Sarah Palin being in the initial stages of labor and choosing to (1) deliver an insignificant speech, (2) bypass excellent medical facilities and drive to an airport in a large American city, (3) run the obstacle course and wait time of security and check-in for a commercial flight, (4) fly for hours to another large American city with excellent medical facilities, (5) board yet another plane for a four-hour flight, (6) bypass excellent medical facilities in Alaska's largest city, (7) get in a car and drive one more additional hour (!) to deliver a PREMATURE baby in a small hospital in a small community where if there had been serious complications - always a possibility with near-term babies - the baby would have had to have been transported back to the Alaska city in which she landed just prior to her 40+ mile drive.

This issue of the prematurity (36 weeks) of the Palins' youngest child is going to go over the heads of a lot of people. It has been asked, did she endanger her baby's life?

Medical professionals who deliver babies everyday, and know the risks of delivering a baby whose gestation is less than 38 weeks without immediate medical resources available, do not believe that is the question, because it is clear that endangering the life of her child is exactly what took place.

Many of us have a different question - was Palin exercising a choice to allow her child to die? A choice she couldn't, given her religious extremism, make in a more conscious, deliberate manner? Because there was a series of conscious choices made by Sarah Palin that anyone who genuinely wanted a live, healthy baby would never make, especially when the baby was PREMATURE. And certainly a mature, experienced mother would not make those choices.

A series of choices like that are more the kind of thing we see in teenagers with behavioral and substance abuse problems, not responsible, well adjusted parents.

One of the jokes floating around the medical community right now is a flow chart of this specific decision making process, because to us it is so evident that something is terribly wrong here.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    I haven't slung any mud....Liberals don't sling mud....

In any case you complain about the mud slinging while you are scooping it out with double handfuls.
    Who implied McCain and his family were racist?

Who said 'To treat a black man running for president like a step n fetch it servant from some old movie was a bit much in my opinion. I understand that giving his McCain's age that's the way his family probably treated blacks while he was growing up.'?

Only a real pice of garbage would say that.

CNN ran a story last week saying doctors agree that both Obama and McCain should survive the next 4 years based on their medical records, etc.