Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: And BOOM goes the Dynamite (Imminent Bannings)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    no one is denying the idiots on both sides of the street. No one is denying the effective use of a gun.
    Uhhh....not quite true! The only reason to go on and on about how tough you are (the MMA guys) is because they have a need to be tough or be thought of as tough!

This doesn't work, that doesn't work. It all works under specific circumstances and doesn't work under other circumstances. When you control the context of the discussion you can make anything look like it doesn't work. So when the MMA go on and on about how this or that doesn't work, all you need to do is tell them nothing they do works against a gun. Then they try to change the context again.

The key is the control of the context. If your desire is to defend yourself (that is your context) learn to use a gun! It is easier, cheaper, takes less time, and works nearly all the time! Many times all one needs to do is brandish the gun.

But if your purpose is to argue for the efficiency of MMA, then they context is to demonstrate how tough you are! WHY? Because there is no other reason to argue the point. It is clear it is not the best form of self-defense. It is only a game like every other martial art.

There are a ton of problems that exist concerning the banned state of posters and I guess this was coming. Here is what I believe in wholeheartedly is the truth. The whole video or it didn't happen is a result of the "bullshido" era of martial arts, particulary when it comes to internet forums. Now while I don't completely disagree with this method, I don't need video evidence of a guy saying he can blow chi balls out his a**ss to know he is full of sh**it.

That being said, if a poster talks about certain TCMA training methods and how they are supeior to all other methods, people are going to chest puff and say prove it. If he is simply saying these methods work and can provide substantial evidence they do, does it really need to turn into a flame war of You Tube evidence?

I don't have a problem calling BS where it needs to be called, but what one person gauges as BS another gauges as legitimate training.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousPower View Post
    I have always found the gun defense to be lame. Everyone can be killed by a gun. So tcma people say what is the point of all that hard mma training since you can be gunned down? What is the point of going to the doctor if your life can be ended so easily by a gun? Why eat...when you can be shot?
    Exactly!!! Do your MMA cuz you enjoy it! But stay away from "My way is better than your way!" It isn't, it is just different!

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Thanks goodness someone gets it !
    MMA people need to also accept that not everything can be filmed or proven in combat. People do martial arts for different reasons and not all for combat. If tcma are too immature to admit that they cannot take full body shots, like they do in demo, in a sparring situation then perhaps MMA people need to just accept this immaturity.

And TCMA need to stop saying certain skills can be utilized in combat when they have not shown it to be so. If you do IP then fine. Do it but do not say that it is deadly, you can splatter horse organs, etc. I can do that with a baseball bat. It is called hitting someone or something that is not resisting you. If the horse was attacking you, like a sparring partner would, I bet you would not be able to root enough to "splatter its organs."

I presented both sides but time will see how I truly feel depending on when the topics come up.

Who in the hell is TCMA?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    As a matter of fact, I banned only one person from Bullshido in all my time there, and that was their beloved Aesopian, the BJJ purple belt.
    I also banned a few others for sexual harrasment via Pm's.
    How come no one has ever sexually harassed me on PM?

My sexuality is just as good as anyone elses! But no, I will not post my proof of this on YouTube. On a pay site....maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I can fly on chi clouds.
    Good for you! I hope you enjoy your fantasy as much as I enjoy mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Good for you! I hope you enjoy your fantasy as much as I enjoy mine!
    I love my fantasy!

It is kind of weird, isn't it... pretending to be Chinese?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Who in the hell is TCMA?
    Topless Christian Metrosexual Advocates
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

I love my fantasy!

It is kind of weird, isn't it... pretending to be Chinese?
    Not really, I pretend to be a human being, even though I am, in truth, a GOD!!!

You are able to float on clouds because I have allowed you to do so!

You are welcome!!

How come no one has ever sexually harassed me on PM?
    I just sent you a naked pic of Taai Gihk Yahn, you can thank me later
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Blog Entries
    OK......WTF are you doing with naked PICS of TGY? you wanna know how i know you're gay? cause you're naked in the pics with him!!!!!! LOL
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Uhhh....not quite true! The only reason to go on and on about how tough you are (the MMA guys) is because they have a need to be tough or be thought of as tough!

This doesn't work, that doesn't work. It all works under specific circumstances and doesn't work under other circumstances. When you control the context of the discussion you can make anything look like it doesn't work. So when the MMA go on and on about how this or that doesn't work, all you need to do is tell them nothing they do works against a gun. Then they try to change the context again.

The key is the control of the context. If your desire is to defend yourself (that is your context) learn to use a gun! It is easier, cheaper, takes less time, and works nearly all the time! Many times all one needs to do is brandish the gun.

But if your purpose is to argue for the efficiency of MMA, then they context is to demonstrate how tough you are! WHY? Because there is no other reason to argue the point. It is clear it is not the best form of self-defense. It is only a game like every other martial art.
    Scott,
    This goes back to a philosophical point. In the movie, 300, the main character was sent into the woods naked to become a man, to become tough. If he survived then he would be king. This is important because if they had just made him king without this trial he might have been a weak king(maybe). But the fact that he survived, killed a cool looking wolf, proved to himself that he had the nuts to lead Sparta. Yeah yeah, I used a movie reference. Sue me.

MMA training is the equivalent of going into the woods and proving to yourself how tough you are. YEah there is a lot of chest thumping(as long as it is not harrassment it is ok) but this is how men become men. Through hardship, hard training, real experience that shapes them. The supposed Shaolin monks would do their kung fu bow to whoever wanted to fight as a warning as the story goes. The warning was that, "I have hurt and possibly killed people. I know I can do it. If you persist in this attack you are in trouble so back away." The point is that HE HAD THE SKILLS.

This is missing in tcma. YOu cannot temper young men and women by having them do forms and then telling them they are doing superior training methods and are superior fighters because of it. THis builds a FALSE confidence in them. "Oh, yeah, by the way my hands are registered as deadly. I can be sued if I attack you since I am a black belt."

MMA training is this to tcma. TCMA provides the metal and the shape of the sword. MMA provides the blade so it can attack/defend and so it does not break another blade hits hit. This analogy can be turned in either direction. MMA provides the body and tcma provides the sword, etc.

You need a little of both.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    OK......WTF are you doing with naked PICS of TGY? you wanna know how i know you're gay? cause you're naked in the pics with him!!!!!! LOL
    YOU sent them to me, but I refused to pay you.....

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

PS: want to know how we know Frank is gay? He is always posting about how much time he spends playing with his dragon head

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I don't think it is considered Sexual Harassment when it is something you enjoy!

I think to sexually harass me you should be sending me pictures of naked women.

LOTS of pictures of naked women! I think that might really offend me. But of course I would need to study them for quite some time in order to be sure!