Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Ng chan wing chun

Quote Originally Posted by bully View Post
    where abouts in france are you moshe?
    near versailles ,suburb of paris

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    I'm trying to understand your posts MOSHE but it is quite difficult!

If I've picked up what I think I've picked up from this last one then I can see where you're coming from and can (almost) agree! If I were you I wouldn't concern yourself too much with what is available online and what is authentic.

Wing Chun has grown far more than ANYONE expected and this does mean that it will develop in it's own way. Some for good and some not. At least you now have that scope to choose from and it sounds like you have a good grounding anyway.
    My english is not so fluent
    whatever ,if you have any precise question dont hesitate
    first i was just trying to contact a member called muketi
    i dont use to participate to forum ,but for the time i will do it ,i will try to provide in my comments or answers ,a logic that will help some people to rethink their wing chun in order to improve it
    i will not say everything but some point should be very relevant

regards

Joy and yellow...

Just to reiterate what I said much earlier on this thread: I heard about Ng Chan from waaay back in my early days training under Moy Yat.

And based upon what Master Moy had to say, I've always been intrigued by this guy, but not surprised that virtually no one's ever heard of him - for Moy Yat did say that Ng Chan was very much a loner and a bit of a mystery.

And all Grandmaster William Cheuing had to say about him when I asked (during the first TWC weekend I ever attended back in 1983)...was that "Yeah, Ng chan. He's my sidai."

That was it.

pictures ng chan ,ki ping pun

i will provide more soon

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    Joy and yellow...

Just to reiterate what I said much earlier on this thread: I heard about Ng Chan from waaay back in my early days training under Moy Yat.

And based upon what Master Moy had to say, I've always been intrigued by this guy, but not surprised that virtually no one's ever heard of him - for Moy Yat did say that Ng Chan was very much a loner and a bit of a mystery.

And all Grandmaster William Cheuing had to say about him when I asked (during the first TWC weekend I ever attended back in 1983)...was that "Yeah, Ng chan. He's my sidai."

That was it.
    he met as well ki ping pun in paris

Just thinking I have seen Ng Chan's WCK before. There is a Walter Wong here in Los Angeles who taught Mike Young, Douglas Wong and Bill Henderson. Walter was Ng Chan's student.

Douglas Wong wrote a book - "Deceptive Hands of Wing Chun" a while back...

Bill Henderson wrote "Wing Chun (Southern Style Kung Fu)".

Its not that different from the other branches of Yip Man's WCK. There is one section of Biu Jee that has Kwun Sao, though.

I didn't think that Ng Chan wing chun would be very special- I just wanted to listen.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHE View Post
    he met as well ki ping pun in paris
    ***ARE you saying that William Cheung once met ki ping pun once in Paris?

Quote Originally Posted by chusauli View Post
    Just thinking I have seen Ng Chan's WCK before. There is a Walter Wong here in Los Angeles who taught Mike Young, Douglas Wong and Bill Henderson. Walter was Ng Chan's student.

Douglas Wong wrote a book - "Deceptive Hands of Wing Chun" a while back...

Bill Henderson wrote "Wing Chun (Southern Style Kung Fu)".

Its not that different from the other branches of Yip Man's WCK. There is one section of Biu Jee that has Kwun Sao, though.
    i have seen these books
    my sifu doesnt know these guys,and most of the time ng chan were showing to him the technics and him was showing it to the other students
    but even before him a lot of guys were learnig only for few months than left ...
    for sure that not the wing chun i learned

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    ***ARE you saying that William Cheung once met ki ping pun once in Paris?
    yes ,fore sure

i have seen these books
    my sifu doesnt know these guys,and most of the time ng chan were showing to him the technics and him was showing it to the other students
    but even before him a lot of guys were learnig only for few months than left ...
    for sure that not the wing chun i learned
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I would not hold anyone responsible for that bad book- The Deceptive Hands of Wing chun- besides the author.It was nice to have the publisher as a relative.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I would not hold anyone responsible for that bad book- The Deceptive Hands of Wing chun- besides the author.It was nice to have the publisher as a relative.

joy chaudhuri

I often refer to that as the "Deceptive Book of Wing Chun"...

Blog Entries
    if you have any precise question dont hesitate
    i will try to provide in my comments or answers ,a logic that will help some people to rethink their wing chun in order to improve it
    Hi MOSHE,

What are some of the main differences when comparing NG Chan interpretation of wing chun to some of Yip Man's other students such as Yip Ching, Wong sheung Leung and Ho Kam Ming in regards to applications and fighting?

Okay, MOSHE...

I've read your posts and replies about Ng Chan patiently - hoping to find out more about the man Moy Yat once referred to in a conversation with me as the student of Yip Man whose "wing chun was the most complete - because he once lived with Yip Man."

And you also said that the "authentic" wing chun was what Yip Man learned in Hong Kong from Leung Bik, clearly inferring that Ng Chan also learned from Yip Man what it was that Yip Man had learned from Leung Bik - and not just what Yip Man had originally learned on the mainland from Chan Wah Shun.

And by now just about everyone knows that William Cheung has said that he learned the Leung Bik version of wing chun from Yip Man very secretly during the time that he (William Cheung) lived with Yip Man. And William Cheung has said that the Leung Bik version is the "authentic" (hence the word "Traditional") wing chun.

QUITE A PARALLEL, huh???!!!

And you've said that William Cheung once met a student of Ng Chan's in Paris...but you've also said that William Cheung's TWC lacks some "basic movements" (your words) that make it less efficient than what Ng Chan knew and has taught.

This is fine, Moshe, except that without some very specific details (or perhaps even a vid-or-two for us to see)...you're not telling us enough to be taken seriously.

WHAT EXACTLY IS DIFFERENT BETWEEN WILLIAM CHEUNG'S WING CHUN AND NG CHAN'S WING CHUN?

Given the parallel stories about both men - you can't be taken seriously without providing very clear specifics when you say that one of them used less effective and efficient "basic movements" than the other.

This tells us nothing.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 04-12-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Here we go again...

Personally I think that if you make this tread about verifying or condemning what Sifu William Cheung does now or has done during his time with Ip Man then we will lose Moshe and his (potentially) vital input!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術