Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: John Boehner to fly commercial as Speaker

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    It's not a PR stunt. He's been flying commercial since he's been in Congress.

yeah because he had no choice but to be hearded with the cattle... now he has a choice and he is denying those rights... and thats great, good for him, smart PR... but it doesnt change what he's done and who he works for... and if you think he works for "the people" then you clearly have an idealistic and naive grasp of politics in general... but i dont think you do think he works for the people, i think you know that most people on either side of the isle are subject to the wants of the countries most wealthy private citizens... thats just a fact... so what? he is saving some money by doing what he's always done by flying cheap... like i said before, it doesnt change who he's cozy with and it wont help him get his puppetmasters d!ck out of his mouth either... but you should already know this...

most people who get far enough to have to choose a side of the isle have had to compromise their integrity too much to be a righteous politician... just getting there brings the moral base waaaaay down... you are either bright eyed idealistic and fail, or idealistic, then having that naivety crushed and in turn making moral compromise to hold on to position...
    this is how the game is set up and this is how the wealthy stay at the top of the ladder as far is political influence, lobbying and so forth...
    and here you are asking for people to pat this guy on the back becoz he's saving a few bucks??? how bout we print up a list of ALL his donors and then have a talk about how much of a great guy he is... big tobacco isnt the only d!ck in this guys mouth, every orifice on this cat is plugged tight with bad donor money...
    Last edited by Syn7; 11-15-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    It IS a PR stunt if he's using it as bragging rights.

plain and simple....

now if he never brought it up and kept humble about it, that would be different... the fact is he wanted everyone to know he made this choice... that is the very defenition of a public relations play...

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    now if he never brought it up and kept humble about it, that would be different... the fact is he wanted everyone to know he made this choice... that is the very defenition of a public relations play...
    Can you prove that Congressman Boehner brought it up?

The article said Congressman Boehner was speaking to reporters, and that's it. Do you know if Boehner was asked about it first? This may be news to you guys, but reporters ask politicians questions all the time.

And I could care less about what lobbyists, contributors, etc give to him as long as it's legal. They can spend their money as they want. I'm just happy Congressman Boehner is saving taxpayer money.

The article said Congressman Boehner was speaking to reporters, and that's it. Do you know if Boehner was asked about it first? This may be news to you guys, but reporters ask politicians questions all the time.
    ofcourse he didnt... that would be bad pr... he had his people make it known.... no i cant prove that... but its a most reasonable assumption... besides, even if he didnt leak it at all, anyone with half a brain would know the info would get out eventually after the first flight and the desired pr efffect would be the same... but he can stand back and say stuff like "can you prove i leaked that for PR???"
    Last edited by Syn7; 11-16-2010 at 03:45 PM.

Come on. Seriously. The key to PR is to have one of your minions bring it up, or "leak" it to a friendly news organization. what you said was stupid on countless levels.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Come on. Seriously. The key to PR is to have one of your minions bring it up, or "leak" it to a friendly news organization. what you said was stupid on countless levels.
    Again, my point is that I'm happy the guy is saving taxpayers money, even if it is a PR stunt.

You said b-o-ner

The US Guvment has a b-o-ner... he he he http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsjMqpOdTYY&feature=fvw

ok blue, and anyone else, what do feel about removing the ethics committee??? so far ive heard him say he doesnt want it around anymore, but he hasnt said anything about what would take its place, if anything... how do you feel about that??? has he made any comments on what he'd put in its place??? or does he feel congress doesnt need any sort of ethics check and balance???

ok blue, and anyone else, what do feel about removing the ethics committee??? so far ive heard him say he doesnt want it around anymore, but he hasnt said anything about what would take its place, if anything... how do you feel about that??? has he made any comments on what he'd put in its place??? or does he feel congress doesnt need any sort of ethics check and balance???
    Just removing it is a bit extreme, but imo it's not fullfiling it's duty anyway so it's worth looking at that solution. When the "ethics committee" just gives a slap on the wrist to the guy Chairing the Ways and Means Committee (which actually WRITES tax law) who didn't pay his own taxes, they really aren't doing their jobs.

Just removing it is a bit extreme, but imo it's not fullfiling it's duty anyway so it's worth looking at that solution. When the "ethics committee" just gives a slap on the wrist to the guy Chairing the Ways and Means Committee (which actually WRITES tax law) who didn't pay his own taxes, they really aren't doing their jobs.
    no doubt, always room for improvement... esspecially with politicians... make it better but dont axe it without a better plan...

Quote Originally Posted by GLW View Post
    So, if we are truly at risk from terror and enemy attacks, the danger of having someone so close to being the POTUS traveling in any unsecure fashion is ridiculous.
    "Insecure"???!!?? How can you say commercial air travel is insecure, now that they're doing such a great job KEEPING AMERICA SAFE by giving us all a choice between a)having our naked picture taken and b)being sexually groped by a stranger before we get on the plane?

The moment they ask us to choose between two different paths, the implicit message is that we can only follow one. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path

Quote Originally Posted by Taryn P. View Post
    "Insecure"???!!?? How can you say commercial air travel is insecure, now that they're doing such a great job KEEPING AMERICA SAFE by giving us all a choice between a)having our naked picture taken and b)being sexually groped by a stranger before we get on the plane?
    maybe they are insecure because they had bad touch when they were little i think maybe you mean unsecure??? like the cat you quoted???

personally, i dont have a problem with random strangers seeing my naked body, im kind of a $lut that way... im not into the radiation thing though... but i'll only do patdowns if they promise to send a woman...

i just dont understand why people are so hung up with sexuality... oh no, some random person may see me naked in another room and will never see my face... oh no... they only real issue i have with it is that you cant throw down a wink and a smile and maybe get some back out of it...

why are people such INSECURE(yes i mean insecure not unsecure) pussies when it comes to this??? who cares, take a long hard look... enjoy...

: i think maybe you mean unsecure??? like the cat you quoted???...
    Oops- yup, I did. I was typing in a bit too much of a hurry.

If someone's going to gawk at my nudie pictures or fondle my body, I'd prefer to be the one who decides who gets to do that, not some random stranger.

For me personally, it's more the principle than anything else that bothers me. Air passengers are guilty till proven innocent, which concept I am against. I don't appreciate being treated like a terrorist for no cause.

And the "security theater" has just gone too far in terms of invasiveness. It drives me nuts how many people passively accept these intrusions because they are being brainwashed into thinking it's "keeping us safe", but in practical terms these measures are not very effective (certainly not effective enough to warrent all the money, time, hassle and invasiveness). It's just to make the powers that be look good, to look like they're doing something to protect people.

I also don't like strangers rifling my personal belongings. And if anything goes "missing", the TSA blames the airline and the airline blames the TSA, and they figure neither of them has to take responsibility. It's a blank check for anybody to help themselves to whatever they want out of your luggage. Just *try* getting recompense for it.

For all of this mounting outrage, the ticket prices keep increasing, there are the new bag fees, while all the perks (meals, drinks, pillows) are eliminated and the seats/legroom get smaller and smaller.

It's just all gone beyond the tipping point for me. The backscatter virtual strip search was the last straw. I'm outta there before they start doing body cavity searches.

The moment they ask us to choose between two different paths, the implicit message is that we can only follow one. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path

yeah, i just dont understand the sexual hangups of the average western mind... i grew up different... i really couldnt care less who sees my naked body... i wouldnt care if the scanner picture was right there at the terminal... who cares... you are who you are... shame is not humility... the former a weakness, the latter a strength...
    i dont care about the pat down either... i would have to draw the line at cavity searches ofcourse... gotta love the dignity in asking a citizen to bend over, spread their cheeks and give em two good coughs... thats the kind of sh!t we do to convicts...

ofcourse i could complain ALLLLL day about many things related to flying...

i will never forget, just after 9/11 i was flying from vancouver to sanfrancisco with my. at the time, fiancee... she is a mexican american university graduate with no criminal history whatsoever... me, if i lived in the states i would be what is called a two strike felon... my youth was rather shady to say the least... anyways, at this time i hadnt been involved with the law for a few years and was almost elligable for pardon... but i expected trouble at the airport... back then you didnt need a passport and i didnt have one... anyways i was waved thru on both sides no sweat... my girl tho, she was givem SuperSpecialService as they call it, fully random... this happened 4 times in a row on teo return trips with the same destinations... all four flights, both sides, both countries... she was searched hard... no rubber glove, but shoes off, external clothing off... invasive patdown gone over like 4 times... each time her searches took over 20 minutes of procedure alone, not counting the waiting...\

no racial profiling my ass... i am a convict she is a uni grad with no record and lots of community service and recognition... shes searched everytime, i am never searched... think it was coz she was with me??? nope, when she was alone on 3 other flights it happened to her too... SSS the ticket says... super special service they joke around and call it... she is brown, i am white... go figure... if she was arab i cant imagine how much we'd have been held up... i'd say ive given about 24 hours of my life to security checks travelling with her... not once was it me... she checked and she wasnt on a no fly or watch list... so wtf...