Thread: The Shadow Ghost by Sifu Kurtis Fujita

Hybrid View

Behind Kung Fu SkillZ

Over the summer of 2022 I was commissioned to design the logo for the (then super-secret project) KUNG FU SKILLZ for Hung Gar Master, Sifu Kurtis Fujita, my co-host on THE COMICS FU SHOW.

Name:  KungFuSkillz-final.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  95.2 KB
    PLUGO (formerly Design Sifu) author, illustrator, comic creator:@PLUGO on Twitter | @PLUGOarts on Instagram - but all the good stuff is on PLUGOarts.com

Quote Originally Posted by @PLUGO View Post
    Over the summer of 2022 I was commissioned to design the logo for the (then super-secret project) KUNG FU SKILLZ for Hung Gar Master, Sifu Kurtis Fujita, my co-host on THE COMICS FU SHOW.

Name:  KungFuSkillz-final.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  95.2 KB
    Very curious to see how Kung Fu Skillz plays out once I receive my issue. It's certainly something unique among the comics I am familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiaman View Post
    Very curious to see how Kung Fu Skillz plays out once I receive my issue. It's certainly something unique among the comics I am familiar with.
    Yes, a totally unique approach. I included a glossary and back-matter to A Tiger's Tale vol. 1 but this is an order of magnitude different.
    PLUGO (formerly Design Sifu) author, illustrator, comic creator:@PLUGO on Twitter | @PLUGOarts on Instagram - but all the good stuff is on PLUGOarts.com

Received my comic a few weeks ago. I enjoyed the nods to Chinese martial arts traditions, and rivalries between schools already! Excited to see what's next.

Received my comic a few weeks ago. I enjoyed the nods to Chinese martial arts traditions, and rivalries between schools already! Excited to see what's next.
    Wonder if you guys have a list of retailers that carry your comics. I know there's that one out near the beach in the Los Angeles area, but I am rarely out there. Please don't tell me to buy anything online...

End Credit Sequence!

Here's a list of Kickstarter backers in the format of an animated series credit sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by YinOrYan View Post
    Wonder if you guys have a list of retailers that carry your comics. I know there's that one out near the beach in the Los Angeles area, but I am rarely out there. Please don't tell me to buy anything online...
    I believe this thread will be updated should Shadow Ghost Issue #1 appear at any physical location.

I believe this thread will be updated should Shadow Ghost Issue #1 appear at any physical location.
    Hope so. The Manga compitition just keeps growing larger and larger every year, even in the mainstream bookstores like Barns & Noble. I think you guys underestimate the value for people buying this stuff anonymously for both kids AND adults, haha