Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The Way Forward

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    And to you a "good" moderator would chastise all those opposed to you and uphold your valor?
    Of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    Well KPM, I think you summed it up quite nicely. I, for one, will totally back these guidelines. Who's with me? Let's make it a sticky!!!
    Yes. We really should!

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
    Is it very difficult being so self important and self righteous?
    Not at all. I find it just as easy as you find being an a$$h@le!

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    LOL, if I wasn't so attached to my current sig, I'd switch it to this! Spot on!
    I think you should. Your current signature sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Keith, heres a little clip from Australia with a bit of advice i think you should consider...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y&feature=kp
    Sorry. I don't speak Australian.

This forum is hilarious. You guys crack me up. I hope that you don't go and start moderating this forum based on one perspective because that would totally kill this forum, which seems to be the most active by far on KFO these days. Web traffic equals advertisers and hits to martialartsmart.com so putting the brakes on and clearing out the freak show would be a) boring and b) a bad business decision (IMO of course).

The very fact that most of you are very passionate about wing chun and willing to over analyze, debate 'the real wing chun', whose technique is bull$hit and call them out, the history of the mystery which can probably never really be solved, and all that other craziness is what makes it BETTER than other forums! You can come over here and have a perfectly good argument at any given minute, and there's always gonna be people to argue with and turn it into a 30 page thread! How awesome is that?!? The various other forums on KFO (which seem relatively dead these days compared to how they used to be) and elsewhere where people do sip tea and play nicely are usually dead and boring! I'd rather pop in here and watch the melee where people are passionate about unearthing some mystery or snake engine, getting fired up over defining some angle while some else is telling them they suck and breaking a bottle of whiskey over their head. Now that's entertaining and that's also why this forum regularly has by far the most people reading and posting. You've gotta be part PT Barnum these days to keep a good show going, and if someone truly can't stand the heat, nonsense and the never ending cyclical arguments, then just friggin click some where else, that simple.

I think I may have a way to help wing chun move forward a bit. Just not sure if I'll have time to take it on right now. I'll post a tread about it some time this week when I get a chance. Now carry on, ladies! *picks up and throws a bar stool into the crowd*

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant View Post
    This forum is hilarious. You guys crack me up. I hope that you don't go and start moderating this forum based on one perspective because that would totally kill this forum, which seems to be the most active by far on KFO these days. Web traffic equals advertisers and hits to martialartsmart.com so putting the brakes on and clearing out the freak show would be a) boring and b) a bad business decision (IMO of course).

The very fact that most of you are very passionate about wing chun and willing to over analyze, debate 'the real wing chun', whose technique is bull$hit and call them out, the history of the mystery which can probably never really be solved, and all that other craziness is what makes it BETTER than other forums! You can come over here and have a perfectly good argument at any given minute, and there's always gonna be people to argue with and turn it into a 30 page thread! How awesome is that?!? The various other forums on KFO (which seem relatively dead these days compared to how they used to be) and elsewhere where people do sip tea and play nicely are usually dead and boring! I'd rather pop in here and watch the melee where people are passionate about unearthing some mystery or snake engine, getting fired up over defining some angle while some else is telling them they suck and breaking a bottle of whiskey over their head. Now that's entertaining and that's also why this forum regularly has by far the most people reading and posting. You've gotta be part PT Barnum these days to keep a good show going, and if someone truly can't stand the heat, nonsense and the never ending cyclical arguments, then just friggin click some where else, that simple.

I think I may have a way to help wing chun move forward a bit. Just not sure if I'll have time to take it on right now. I'll post a tread about it some time this week when I get a chance. Now carry on, ladies! *picks up and throws a bar stool into the crowd*
    Spot on Mutant........... no go and **** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Sorry. I don't speak Australian.
    Then you probably wouldnt understand.... "get a dog up ya"

On a more serious note, I think the way forward should at least have a centerline strategy to it.

Then you probably wouldnt understand.... "get a dog up ya"
    Whoa! Haven't heard that one, doesn't sound too promising.

Keith, heres a little clip from Australia with a bit of advice i think you should consider...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y&feature=kp
    This is Chopper. He has a f*ckin' horseshoe mustache but he cut it too short, doesn't actually ride a chopper, and has a sissy accent. Harden the f*ck up, Chopper!

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    This is Chopper. He has a f*ckin' horseshoe mustache but he cut it too short, doesn't actually ride a chopper, and has a sissy accent. Harden the f*ck up, Chopper!
    He just died actually from liver cancer, and he got the name chopper by cutting his own ears of in prison to prove a point.
    That point being........

Harden the **** up!!!!

He just died actually from liver cancer, and he got the name chopper by cutting his own ears of in prison to prove a point.
    That point being........

Harden the **** up!!!!
    The guy in the clip was an impersonator anyway. The real Chopper was a criminal douche.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Not at all. I find it just as easy as you find being an a$$h@le!
    Excellent. Now can you two whiny b1tches go get a room?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant View Post

Mutant's way forward: keep the forums whiny, and keep them female.