View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 904 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 4048048548949029039049059069149541004 ... LastLast
Results 13,546 to 13,560 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by One student View Post
    showing those videos to those (us) who would love to see them but have not. Or if you're not into that, you could make some good Karma. Or get brownie points. Or just make some poor lowly deprived interested persons very happy.
    I agree. You guys run in some circles that no matter how many years I train I am never privy to. I have no idea where you all come up with these cool tidbits we have been missing out on.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OTD View Post
    BW
    Do U reconize this picture
    OTD
    Yes. They had some unique uniforms as well.

BW
    OTD
    Quit teasing them OTD
    BQ

Last edited by Old Man; 03-04-2010 at 06:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by One student View Post
    Bodhi Warrior:

You know, you could make good money showing those videos to those (us) who would love to see them but have not. Or if you're not into that, you could make some good Karma. Or get brownie points. Or just make some poor lowly deprived interested persons very happy. I thought it was interesting when the TV show "Fight Quest" filmed a show on Penjat Silat, in Bandung (GMS's home town). Seeing the films you're talking about would be even better.
    The videos were giving to me by someone I have the utmost respect and admiration. As well as some very interesting insights into the way things used to be. Out of respect for him I cannot post the videos.

BW
    OTD
    That looks like it is from Se Meng Pa Fang Tao
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

Blog Entries
    BW
    Reconize this Picture?
    1. 13th White Crane
    2. Northern Ground Dragon
    or
    3. New Golden Mountain Tiger
    OTD
    I don't know any of those forms, so no I don't know the answer. I would like to know the names of the other forms presented in Indonesia.

what is the relation tuan ta to tang lang ?

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    I hope so. Je Shiao Fu, according to Master Sin's DVD, is the originator of alot of the lower belt material.
    hi je shio fu is avery famous shantung kung fu teacher, tuanta is part of his teaching methode is this system related too tang lang and which tang lang system, qixing ?
    regards,

Last edited by Old Man; 03-09-2010 at 11:08 AM.

ji xio fu teacher

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man View Post
    je shio fu learn the tuanta from a different master than his northern tanglang grandmaster not part of his original northrtn tangang set. learned later after he was graduated.
    how many teacher does ji xiofu has?. what kind of tang lang system does jie xio fu learn? is wang so sin his tang lang teacher?

regards, and thanks for your information old man

Smile

Last edited by Old Man; 03-09-2010 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man View Post
    since everybody tease everybody with their knowledge on this bored and nobody want to give up what they know they know in public to nobody else I'll be in that game too. If you want to know more about GM Ji send me a private message with your email address. I will tell you about GM Ji's teachers, where he studied, what he did, who he taught, etc. Maybe.
    thank alot old man i have already sent a pm to you looking forward to hearing from you

The form, not the setting

BW
    OTD
    Will you tell us about when, where, what context those photos were taken? And share the rest.
    Just One Student

"I seek, not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions." --- Kwai Chang Caine

(I'd really like to know all the answers, too, but understanding the questions, like most of my martial arts practice, is a more realistically attainable goal)

Truth

Date July 1 1992
    PLace Bandung, Indonesia
    Grand Hotel Preanger main banquet hall honoring Grandmaster Sin by some of his old colleagues students in particular Tjie Tiong and the White lotus society (I believe) At the time Tjie Tong was well into his 80's after the banquet he did 'push hands' with any one who wanted to cross hands. He was very strong and fast. There were many forms shown by both the visiting Americans and the local Bandung group. Some were in plain sams others looked like club uniforms all including the ladies were very colorful. Empty hand and weapon forms were shown along with a couple of two man weapon sets, A little bit of sparring as well . After the dinner a few late comers showed some more forms. It was quite informative. A lot of the forms shown were in the upper black belt level. All of which I believe have been taught out in the original home school, but I am not sure. Those that were readily recognizable to me in 1992 were the 3rd Brown Belt Broad sword, Tai chi Fan, sword, 24,64, and Buddha fist. Others became clearer as they were taught out 13/14 White crane, New Golden mountain tiger, Ground dragon.
    I think these films/videos are treasures and for as much as those who could/would/should see them and enjoy them there are as many "foo/keyboard' naysayer and @$$ Wholes that
    I have had to listen to for over 40+ years of whining and complains (and they should have been practicing their own style to better them selves) that I keep these to myself and enjoy. Because other opinions, besides GMS and my master, do not matter ‘Nuf said!!!!
    OTD
    Cannot disagree with your assessment of who should be privy to such treasures, particularly those who would appreciate them, rather than criticize or rationalize. Alhough there are others in the system who would still like to. I sent you a PM on another (?) topic.
    Just One Student

"I seek, not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions." --- Kwai Chang Caine

(I'd really like to know all the answers, too, but understanding the questions, like most of my martial arts practice, is a more realistically attainable goal)

Nice...

Im so happy this thread has started up again