Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Iron Fist

Has this been posted

Could be fun!

I have my serious doubts about this.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Published on Oct 4, 2016
    Fifteen years after being presumed dead in a plane crash, Danny Rand (Finn Jones) mysteriously returns to New York City determined to reclaim his birthright and family company. However, when a long-destined enemy rises in New York, this living weapon is forced to choose between his family’s legacy and his duties as the Iron Fist.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I really hope the fighting is good and that they make him as powerful as they should make him.

In the wake of NYCC

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Lewis Tan

Lewis Tan Fought to Play Iron Fist Hero Instead of Villain
    Beth Elderkin
    Saturday 10:20am Filed to: IRON FIST

Credit: Lewis Tan / Instagram

Actor Lewis Tan will soon be hitting TV screens as one of the main villains in Iron Fist, but he actually fought to make the hero of the story Asian, instead of yet another bad guy.

Tan shared on Twitter that he “almost” played Danny Rand, but the role ultimately went to Game of Thrones actor Finn Jones. Instead, Tan was cast as Zhou Cheng, a servant of Ch’i-Lin who’s tasked with killing every iteration of the Iron Fist. Tan said he’s happy playing Zhou, even showing off some of his stunt choreography in an online video, but added that we need more Asian heroes in our media.

Lewis Tan ✔ @TheLewisTan
    I would have loved to of played Danny but I gave #Marvel everything I have for Zhou. I can't wait for you guys to see the show. #IronFist
    10:41 PM - 7 Oct 2016 · West Hollywood, CA, United States
    155 155 Retweets 279 279 likes
    Tan has long been advocating for better roles for Asian actors. In an interview with His Style Diary, he talked about how Asian actors (especially Asian men) are rarely cast as lead characters—instead, getting stuck playing the computer geek or faceless ninja. He added Asian actors are pretty much required to know martial arts, because, otherwise they won’t get parts.

“The thing is, I want to be the lead, the hero, the love interest character,” Tan said. “I know kung fu, I’ve been doing martial arts for 15 years, and I love it. But I think there are these expectations. These are the roles they are comfortable with Asians doing. They aren’t comfortable in seeing you in lead roles– the ones I want.”

Lewis Tan ✔ @TheLewisTan
    There's a lot of work to be done to see more ethnic actors as the heroes in major Films/TV but the wall is coming down. We all have a voice
    10:51 PM - 7 Oct 2016 · West Hollywood, CA, United States
    99 99 Retweets 187 187 likes
    Tan is not alone. Asian-American actors have been fighting for visibility for years, culminating in several hashtag campaigns over the past several months. In the case of Iron Fist, several people were upset when the role of the latest Marvel hero went to a white actor instead of someone of Asian descent.

They argued that, while Danny Rand is white in the comics, the character isn’t famous enough where a change in ethnicity would’ve been widely noticed. After all, we’ve already seen Marvel change the ethnicities of different characters in its movie and TV properties, for better and worse. They cast Idris Elba as Heimdall, a Norse god, in the Thor series, but they also turned Doctor Strange’s The Ancient One into a Celtic character so they could justify hiring Tilda Swinton.

Plus, casting Tan (or another Asian actor) would’ve further demonstrated Marvel’s push for diversity, as showcased in the Marvel NOW! initiative and the Luke Cage Netflix series. The way it stands now, Danny Rand is basically Tom Cruise in The Last Samurai or Matt Damon in The Great Wall. The role may be written that way on paper, but that doesn’t mean it’s the best portrayal for 2016.
    "I know kung fu, I’ve been doing martial arts for 15 years, and I love it." Good on Lewis.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    "I know kung fu, I’ve been doing martial arts for 15 years, and I love it." Good on Lewis.
    The only problem with this is that Daniel Rand IS white and is SUPPOSED to be white.
    That is part of the story.
    People should have issues when an Asian character is made white, NOT when a character is written white and played white.

Another big hit?

How Netflix/Marvel’s ‘Iron Fist’ will deliver another hit…
    31 Oct 2016/Mike Leeder
    News, Television

The debut of ‘Luke Cage‘ was another big hit for the Netflix / Marvel partnership. So what can we actually expect from the next show ‘Iron Fist‘, due in 2017..?

If things had originally gone to plan, we’d have seen The Phantom Menace‘s Ray Park hitting the screen as Danny Rand, in an Iron Fist movie directed by Kirk Wong (The Big Hit, Rock N’Roll Cop) as part of the first wave of Marvel adaptations following the success of Bryan Singer’s X-Men. But that wasn’t to be and after languishing for several years in development hell it looked as if the adventures of Danny Rand aka Iron Fist were never going to make the move.

But 2017 will see the character finally hitting the screen as part of the ongoing Netflix / Marvel collaboration, the fourth in the series of shows that will lead to the formation of the superhero team The Defenders as a mini-series featuring Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist working together.

Iron Fist, as fan know, focuses on Danny Rand (Finn Jones), a young man who returns to New York after being missing for 15 years, there to reclaim his family company. But when a threat emerges and starts tearing the city apart, Rand must choose between his family legacy and his duty as the holder of the ‘Iron Fist’. Finn Jones (from Game of Thrones) is not the only ‘Thrones‘ alumni- Jessica Henwick (who was given an earlier introduction to martial arts and choreography courtesy of Jude Poyer when she starred in the BBC’s Spirit Warriors) stars as Colleen Wing alongside David Wenham (from Van Helsing). Rosario Dawson and Carrie Ann Moss who reprise their roles from the earlier Netflix series.

continued next post
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Continued from previous post

I wanted to include the second video.

The first teasers for the show promise plenty of action and adventure that stays true to the spirit of the original comic, whose character was very inspired by the martial arts movie boom of the early 1970s. With action director Brett Chan and his Hitz International team working on the show’s fight and stunt action we can expect some very impressive action. Brett and his team have been responsible for the fights on both seasons of Marco Polo,and Outcast with Nicholas Cage, and know how to deliver a very cool mix of Eastern and Western flavoured action. Brett just posted a compilation of behind the scenes and rehearsal footage from the show, which shows the cast training and working hard with the action team and gets us very excited about what we have to look forward to.

Iron Fist: It’s a Wrap!

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Iron Fist vs. Into the Badlands (aka Netflix vs. AMC)

Looks like Iron Fist is poaching from Into The Badlands.

Iron Fist Episode Titles Inspired By Shaolin Kung Fu Moves
    January 23, 2017 Dave Golder

Bleeding Cool has spotted on the BBFC website that the British Board Of Film Censors is currently rating the episodes of Netflix’s Marvel’s Iron Fist and revealing most of the series’ episode titles and directors in the process.
    A lot of the episode titles themselves appear to be based in moves used in Shaolin Kung Fu, though on a more metaphorical level they could also possibly be spoilery as well.
    1: Snow Gives Way (dir. John Dahl)
    2: Shadow Hawk Takes Flight (dir. John Dahl)
    3: Rolling Thunder Cannon Punch (dir. Tom Shankland)
    4: Eight Diagram Dragon Palm
    5: Under Leaf Pluck Lotus (dir. Uta Briesewitz)
    6: Immortal Emerges From Cave
    7: Felling With Tree Routes (dir. Farren Blackburn)
    8: The Blessing Of Many Fractures (dir. Kevin Tancharoen)
    9: The Mistress Of All Agonies (dir. Jet Wilkinson)
    10: Unlisted
    11: Lead Horse Back To Stable (dir. Deborah Chow)
    12: Unlisted
    13: Dragon Plays With Fire (dir. Stephen Surjik)
    Iron Fist debuts on Netflix on 17 March.
    Into The Badlands Season 2 premieres March 19.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

RZA directed episode 6 of Iron Fist

Wu-Tang Clan's RZA Directed An Episode of Netflix's Iron Fist
    Jay Jayson- 01/28/2017

K'un-Lun ain't nuttin ta f--k with!

Most of the titles and directors for Marvel's Iron Fist series were revealed recently when the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) released their ratings for each of the episodes. The sixth episode, which is titled "Immortal Emerges From Cave," didn't have a director listed, but now, thanks to the show's star Finn Jones, we know that RZA helmed it.

"So before I started the role, I actually made a playlist on my iPod of songs that Danny Rand would listen to," Jones explained during an Extra live Q&A (via MCU Exchange). "It’s a lot of kind of '90s hip-hop like De La Soul, Jurassic 5, A Tribe Called Quest, Wu Tang Clan. Like that kind of music is really what Danny’s jamming to. And we actually feature that in the series. And actually, one of our episodes was directed by the RZA himself. Episode 6. So, yeah, there’s very close ties to hip-hop music and the Iron Fist series."

What was it like working with RZA? "Oh, he's a dude," Jones said. "He's a complete dude. Actually really sweet but chill. He has a really good vision of what he wants. He understands that martial arts genre."

The former hip-hop producer and the frontman for the Wu-Tang Clan entered the film community in 1999, making his acting debut in Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai. He went on to land small roles in some high-profile films like American Gangster, Funny People, and G.I. Joe: Retaliation. Inspired by his love for kung-fu movies, RZA made his directorial debut with The Man with the Iron Fists (2012)—which he also starred in and co-wrote.

Danny Rand returns to New York City after being missing for years, trying to reconnect with his past and his family legacy. He fights against the criminal element corrupting his world around him with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist.

The cast features Finn Jones (Game of Thrones) as Daniel Rand/Iron Fist, Jessica Henwick (Game of Thrones) as Colleen Wing, David Wenham (The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers) as Harold Meachum, Jessica Stroup (The Following) as Joy Meachum, Tom Pelphrey (Banshee) as Ward Meachum, and Carrie-Anne Moss (The Matrix) will be reprising her role as Jeri Hogarth for a guest appearance.

Uncover the secrets of the mystical K'un-Lun when Season 1 of Marvel's Iron Fist premieres with 13 one-hour episodes on March 17, 2017 at 12:01 am PT globally on Netflix.
    Well this will be a little confusing given Man with the Iron Fists.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

New images

New Iron Fist images show Danny Rand is a martial arts master ready to go to work
    By Connor Sheridan a day ago

How good is Iron Fist at kung fu? He's so good at kung fu that he doesn't even need to stand up for you to know that you definitely shouldn't mess with him, as this new promotional image from Netflix proves.

Do you think Danny Rand's chest is naturally that smooth or does he shave it so you can see his tattoo? Oh **** he's standing up -

Alright, alright, no more hairless chest jokes! No need to punch me through a door or anything.

Iron Fist is the last of the quartet of Marvel heroes planned for Netflix's upcoming Defenders series. He'll team up with Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage to fight the grand designs of Sigourney Weaver's unnamed villain when Defenders debuts later this year.

Starring Finn Jones, Jessica Henwick, David Wenham, Jessica Stroup, Tom Pelphrey, and Carrie-Anne Moss, Marvel's Iron Fist will hit Netflix on March 17, 2017.

Hmmm, now why don't these work for me?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

His stances is not very good and he has the physical presence of a washcloth.
    I am not a happy camper.

Marvel's Iron Fist | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips