Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Found the fighting Kung FU video for you

Tom
    Integrated Kung Fu Academy
    Kung Fu - Kickboxing - MMA -Self Defense
    Media, PA -Delaware County

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Pthe difference is that the authentic kung fu crowd seem to regard "kickboxing" as an insult instead of the compliment that it truly is.
    This is actually a de-evolution of the ideal. When I first came into contact with this notion by my teacher, it wasn't to contrast kung fu from kickboxing. It was to contrast sloppy fighting from clean.

So, out of curiosity, do we have ANY videos of full contact fighting that DOESN'T look like "kick boxing" ??
    Because of the rules.... most all "SPORT" martial art fighting is going to look like kickboxing.

The nature of sport fighting is to club your opponent with jabs, cross, round kick, Shuai Jiao etc. until they go down. All this ends up looking like kickboxing no matter what style you are doing. The human body only does so many maneuvers and counters to these basic strikes.

ginosifu

Quote Originally Posted by Lebaufist View Post
    This is actually a de-evolution of the ideal. When I first came into contact with this notion by my teacher, it wasn't to contrast kung fu from kickboxing. It was to contrast sloppy fighting from clean.
    Not sure what you mean...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    Because of the rules.... most all "SPORT" martial art fighting is going to look like kickboxing.

The nature of sport fighting is to club your opponent with jabs, cross, round kick, Shuai Jiao etc. until they go down. All this ends up looking like kickboxing no matter what style you are doing. The human body only does so many maneuvers and counters to these basic strikes.

ginosifu
    Quite correct.
    The ruleset tends to dictate the look of a match, that is why a MMA match that is mostly striking will still look different enough from a MT match.

Quote Originally Posted by pateticorecords View Post
    There is nothing more cheap than Sanda rules where a crap load of points are awarded for someone bull charging and pushing you out of the ring!! Complete garbage.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

I know what you mean

Quite correct.
    The ruleset tends to dictate the look of a match, that is why a MMA match that is mostly striking will still look different enough from a MT match.

Heck, I dare say that MMA striking is beginning to look like kung fu with all the striking thats showing up from a lower and wider foot position.

Not sure what you mean...
    Meaning that a lot of kickboxing at the time (Long time ago)looked wild and uncontrolled.

Blog Entries
    The "authentic kung fu" crowd will say," That's just kickboxing and not authentic TCMA"
    They are BOTH right, the difference is that the authentic kung fu crowd seem to regard "kickboxing" as an insult instead of the compliment that it truly is.
    Coming from that era, i can say that Kung Fu hated any type of gloves on our hands when it came to fighting. this is why we stayed away from a lot of competitions, plus, many of those comps were run by karate people, we felt there was going to be an obvious bias there. We also felt gloves would inhibit the techniques we trained without them.

In the bay area, there wasn't alot of San Shou back then. I remember some introduction of Lei Tai but all the fighters seemed to be from other states. if it were more open and prevalent here back then, we'd be in the san shou game already.

If more gung fu people would have just experimented with what worked while wearing gloves we'd have more fighters out there. but their fear of gloves threw off a bunch of traditionalists.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    There is nothing more cheap than Sanda rules where a crap load of points are awarded for someone bull charging and pushing you out of the ring!! Complete garbage.
    hahaha I know... but that was what worked for the MMA fighter
    Tom
    Integrated Kung Fu Academy
    Kung Fu - Kickboxing - MMA -Self Defense
    Media, PA -Delaware County

Quote Originally Posted by Lebaufist View Post
    Heck, I dare say that MMA striking is beginning to look like kung fu with all the striking thats showing up from a lower and wider foot position.
    Very good observation

Meaning that a lot of kickboxing at the time (Long time ago)looked wild and uncontrolled.
    Ah, understood.

I know what you mean
    "He also came to know the pleasures of women, when he was bred to the finest stock"
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    "He also came to know the pleasures of women, when he was bred to the finest stock"
    To the victor go the spoils !