Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: snake engine dymistify

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    That’s news to me, I play full court basketball almost every other day and rugby on Sundays, and not to mention boxing training five days a week, and I’m pushing 50 years old, while doing wing chun for over 33 years plus.

I’ve never had a problem with any sickness or anything physical and I haven’t had a cold sense the age of nine.

I guess I’ll be waiting for that stuff to happen via wing chun training.

Thank you very much for the information,
    not being funny but the guy said his friend trained the posture exclusively (which you dont) and the problem happens if you dont do any other training to balance it out.....which (amen) you do so it probably would be news to you

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    not being funny but the guy said his friend trained the posture exclusively (which you dont) and the problem happens if you dont do any other training to balance it out.....which (amen) you do so it probably would be news to you
    Yep, spot on Frost.

Its because Ali does a multitude of sports that his posture is good "all round"

1. For me, TST nim Lik is the second of the four basic force operation in slt which is called sustain. As in my utube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAkvhj06Fw4

There is no mind control magic force but to hold ones body joints to emulate a woodern rod to sustain the force of the pushing end to the support end as in the following utube, the scale demo.

I would not call it nim Lik or mind power. But structure holding. The posture is structure holding in stationary. As for how effective this can be applied in dynamic. I leave it to everyone.

What it is is simple to find out, go to a physics lab and monitor the force trajectory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_V5-IUw7s0

2. I practice slt with the five layers resonance while recieving and issuing. As for What and why and how good or bad, I leave it to everyone critics .

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Why does TST has such better posture ....

Like what??
    What can you DO?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g77i-pznhtA
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-07-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Yep, spot on Frost.

Its because Ali does a multitude of sports that his posture is good "all round"

I’m very active in different things and I don’t drink or smoke and try not to stay up pass 9:00 pm; while I’ll never eat fried foods; chips are always out of the question and has been sense my teenage years. But will drink water all day every day.

I was a little confused because I thought it was all based on the traditionalist approach of training ‘Yip Man’s wing chun. It just might be that my limbs are strong and without pain because of that fact (what you guys mention).

I’m’ six foot four and a half and my weight fluctuate between: 275 –240lbs, I’m heavier during the winter time; (love my wife’s cooking). The weather has broken here in Kentucky, so now I’m down to 253lbs without all the fat around my beltline (I’m mostly muscle) during the spring and summer.

I guess what I’m saying is, I don’t know anyone that has trained wing chun and been hurt from the stance training all together, first time I’ve heard of that (been teaching for over 25 years). In fact, I don’t know anyone personally that knows or train wing chun outside of my students base, and I’ve taught well over 300/400 students in my lifetime.

The story of Yik Kam 's SLT (little exercise) is full of contradiction

I have been fellowing Hendrik's silly posts for sometime. He behave as if he is some kind of wing chun authority. His claim that Yik Kam is the original WC is ridiculaus. In 1850 Wong Wa Bo, Leung Yi Tai and Dai Fa Min Kam were senior red boat opera members taugh 3 WC forms SNT, CK and BJ. Yik Kam was merry an unknown junior member at that time and only has 1 long form of omie exercise SLT. The story of Yik Kam 's SLT (little exercise) is full of contradiction. Hendrik's disguising Hong Kong snake and crane WC school which also has three forms as Yik Kam's SLT. That makes no sense at all. Even Bruce Lee having learned some WC from Yip Man was inspired to develop JKD. Hendrik, you should not be so arrogant to call Yik Kam mixture of omie, white crane as the original WC. Your ridiculaus claims make no sense and have absolutely no historical substantiation. As the matter of fact, Yik Kam's SLT is much like a version of 1850's JKD instead of the original WC.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    As for Tst, it is Navin asked me in this forum on my view on nim Lik demo.

Navin, See until today these people hates me. Hahaha

3. Btw. I analyze Tst nim lik, and if anyone disagree with me can always give me a good reason technically, instead of attacking me. Upto now, no one Come up with a technical reason
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialtaichi View Post
    2. regarding Nim Lik and TST. You don't critize what you don't understand openly unless you can show evidence that you can do better (which you cannot). Even if you can do better, show a little respect. It's called Wu De. And dragging Navin into it only makes you look weak.
    WOW! One of the problems that i have with this Forum is that very few on here are willing to openly discuss aspects of the wing chun system honestly, but are more concerned with protecting their linages and sifu's reputation.

In regards to the above, i ask Hendrik for his honest opinion of TST's NIM LIK, and she was generious enough to share that with me. I appolize to Hendrik for not asking this question in private.

secondly, After meeting Hendrik, i can honestly say the man is highly skilled and knows alot about alignment and the internal aspects of wck.

Instead of hating on Hendrik, you guys should appreciate the unique perspective that he brings to this forum. I did so by visiting him in order to get a better understanding of his view. If you don't like his approach then just ignore what he says and continue with your own approach. There are so many different peoples approach that you can choose to follow on this forum other than Hendrik's, which is one of the good things about a forum like this.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    when u look at Hendrick from the side, he's got what would be typically classified as marked forward head / swayback posture; in other words, really, really out of alignment; now, even though I am a PT, I'm not the "posture police", and in fact, I don't get too carried away about it even w my patients - but frankly, if I saw someone that off vertical, I'd be really concerned about their usage;

so my question is, how can someone so out of alignment presume to discuss body usage, mechanics, etc. and expect others to take him seriously?
    I assure you Hendrik has extremely good alignment, when you feel what he is doing directly as I have. Seeing can be decieving at times, the old saying "believe none of what you hear and half of what you see" applies.
    Last edited by kung fu fighter; 03-07-2013 at 02:59 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Why does TST has such better posture than you if he is doing it wrong??

8. Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    I missed that part; what was the nature of ur practice?
    Bones, than eyes.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post

Yep, that's what I said.

He trained exclusively the stance for one year and accumulated problems.

This stuff must be calibrated for each individual.

Due to the fact that every of my student as a different postural type, they train different basics.

I inspire myself, for that greatly on the fabulous work of Christophe Carrio, but I don't know if he writes in English.

Instead of hating on Hendrik, you guys should appreciate the unique perspective that he brings to this forum. I did so by visiting him in order to get a better understanding of his view. If you don't like his approach then just ignore what he says and continue with your own approach. There are so many different peoples approach that you can choose to follow on this forum other than Hendrik's, which is one of the good things about a forum like this.
    Mate, id suggest you look up "lecturing" and "preaching" in the dictionary as you obviously dont recognize it when you see it.

As most of us have said, a million times over, he can have his opinion but its not fact..... its his opinion... thats it.

You may notice there was a lot of angst with the PB guys but since they've toned it down there's been some reasonable threads.
    Why cant Hendrik have the same tone?

Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn
    when u look at Hendrick from the side, he's got what would be typically classified as marked forward head / swayback posture; in other words, really, really out of alignment; now, even though I am a PT, I'm not the "posture police", and in fact, I don't get too carried away about it even w my patients - but frankly, if I saw someone that off vertical, I'd be really concerned about their usage;

so my question is, how can someone so out of alignment presume to discuss body usage, mechanics, etc. and expect others to take him seriously?
    People could easily see no WC mechanics there. Could it be another version of the original 1850' JKD?

2. I practice slt with the five layers resonance while recieving and issuing. As for What and why and how good or bad, I leave it to everyone critics .

If you, or a student of yours, cant use all your theories in practice then your whole system/practice is pointless.

Mate, id suggest you look up "lecturing" and "preaching" in the dictionary as you obviously dont recognize it when you see it.

As most of us have said, a million times over, he can have his opinion but its not fact..... its his opinion... thats it.

You may notice there was a lot of angst with the PB guys but since they've toned it down there's been some reasonable threads.
    Why cant Hendrik have the same tone?

I stick with technical and not person.

As I have just reply you. It is technical .

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...&postcount=218

If you, or a student of yours, cant use all your theories in practice then your whole system/practice is pointless.

If I dont know and cannot used it. I would not be able to demo the four force operation, and pointing clearly TST Nim Lik is sustain撐, one of the four. Feel free to go to a physics lab and see if that is the case

Nim Lik is not the internal art recieve 接 and issuing 發yet. Nim Lik state is a state of identifying the change of force path, but not entering change of force flow yet. tcma, these are clearly define.

Btw. You ask about posture, don't forget WCK third level of force change handling is recovery type or biu Ji type. Where the force change handling is directly via chane of force path and change of force flow, or Jin path and Jin flow. No longer rely on a posture holding.

It is all about tools, you want to play with the internal art guys, the four force operation, three types of WCK Jin, and five types of momentum/force handling tools are needed . They have the tools and WCK has it too. And that is the basic of WCK.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-07-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    I stick with technical and not person.

As I have just reply you. It is technical .
    No, its not technical.

Its a lot of hot air.

You back up your claims with nothing.

No demonstration of you showing the results of your theories.

Youre guessing your stuff will work.......... just guessing