View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 920 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 4208208709109189199209219229309701020 ... LastLast
Results 13,786 to 13,800 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

HAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, yes.
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by shen ku View Post
    just curious... has anyone use the MA skills in their job or any other task to earn a living?
    I fended off a drunk high school wrestler once in college when I was an RA. In my job there is always a treat that the emotions will get so high that I can be assaulted, but it's never risen above threats so far.

Rhad, it was my knee. I had torn my ACL and MCL in 2004. I have fully recovered from that. My hip is degenerative from years of use. Probably my own fault for not stretching enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Snake style

Hey Judge I guess U wont be able to do any more Snake forms at home now? LOL KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

I asked about using your skills because i am always using mine in one way or another.. but i find its not often that i use actual fighting skills?? I always find it interesting that most people don't talk about the "other" benefits of training or should i say quality training , depending on what that means to you.lol..

Most people if they just watch what they do and where they go hardly ever need to fight... i have had to use some skills on the job but i work in the psych field so you just never know how some people will react... but?? as for my daily life any time i have ever had to do anything it was just a little something when someone was just curious about training ,, and most of the time the became some form of a student after wards
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Chi Shao Fu

Hmmm. I have fotos of chi shao fu.

what are you talking about?
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Blog Entries

Chi shao fu

He was one of the masters at the Indonesian school sin and hiang trained at. There are those that know his history better than I could explain.

I know nothing about shaolin, but who WOULDN'T want to be part of this massive thread?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Well post the pics then, why just talk about having them. Others would love to see them i am sure

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    He was one of the masters at the Indonesian school sin and hiang trained at. There are those that know his history better than I could explain.
    what is chi hsiao fu history? hmmm

11. Chi Hsiao Foo / Je Siau Fu was a respectful Shandong kungfu teacher who was very prominent warrior in Indonesia. Some of his student are very well known in Jakarta or Bandung.
    Chi Hsio Foo only accepted a little number of student who really taught directly by him. If GM Sin The was his student, i think the northern tang lang system was from him. I have heard that 10 teachers were the teacher of their school.

Best Regards,

Achien (Indonesia)

and once again it is a ghost town

Food for thought

Some things I have come across lately that may be of interest to SD likers and non-likers:

1. In at least one of Bruce Frantzis' ("Energy Arts") books on Chi Kung/Qui Gong training, which he claimed to have learned after years of resident study in China, he describes chi kung and meditation methods, and notes (not verbatim quoting), the techniques particular to Shaolin practitioners in breathing meditation to result in "vibration" or involuntary shaking of the body. Any one who's taken GMS' or MH's or SD's breathing meditation classes will find that very familiar.

2. In the Karate Kid remake (in China, with Jackie Chan), didn't the uniforms worn in the kung fu schools look a lot like gi's?

3. In a book by Wong Kiew Kit, who refers to his 30 years of practice and teaching of Shaolin, and being 4th generation successor of monk of Shaolin Monastery and Grandmaster of Shaolin Wahnam Kung Fu Institute, and author of "The Art of Shaolin Kung Fu," etc., lists as a "useful" resource, Master Leong Swee Lun, who's school of Bagua, Shaolin, and Taijquan in Malaysia, is called "Hapkung-Do" (which I've also seen spelled "Hapkune-Do").

Not claiming to know what any of that means, but thought it was interesting. I'm just sayin' . . . .
    Just One Student

"I seek, not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions." --- Kwai Chang Caine

(I'd really like to know all the answers, too, but understanding the questions, like most of my martial arts practice, is a more realistically attainable goal)

Wong Kiew Kit also claims to cure people's cancer by using his chi from a thousand miles away.
    Sith Legal Kung Fu is unstoppable.