Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what bajiquan forms do you practice?

what bajiquan forms do you practice?

I know there's already 2 threads for this but I was just curious for those who do practice this system which of the forms you practice? and do you practice pikua along with it as well?

ok since no one has replied yet I will start. We practice baji jia that is known as xiao baji in all the videos I find on youtube. we also practice a xiao baji form but it is shorter and different opening from the xiao baji jia most know and practice. then we also do da baji and zhong yi quan as well as the spear form. after that we do 3 pikua forms although I have not got that far yet. at least from what i've seen baji seems to have one of the best spear forms in kung fu, I could be wrong just my opinion.

We practce single move left and right over and over.

This is called single hand drill or Dan cao Shou.

We also practice a few moves strung together against a hanging bag or diao dai.

Lots of Kao practice with forearm, shoulder, chest and back.

Yes we also practice spear and extra long spear or Da qiang.

Last edited by SPJ; 03-13-2012 at 08:03 AM.

So when did you start learning Bajiquan "Shaolin" Allan?

Who's teaching in AZ?

As to the question in the OP:

Xiaobaji
    Dabaji
    Baji Sabre
    Baji 6 Harmony Spear
    Baji 2 Man Sparring Set

I do Xiao Baji
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gash View Post
    I do Xiao Baji
    My first reaction was, "Hey! We have another Baji man in the house! I don't remember him doing Baji...I better check his profile...

Then I saw Choi Li Fut and Sanshou....hm...wonder where he learnt Baji...Good thing there's a link to his school in the sig...

Now here's my actual main comment:

Your website advertising your school lists no address. If it wasn't for the email being ".uk" I wouldn't even know what country you were teaching Sanshou in. You might want to think about what you hope to accomplish with that website.

Maybe you just need to explore the site a bit more thoroughly. Without much effort I clicked on the 'Classes' link and found that there are classes at the Western Community Centre and Fitness First gym.

What more do you want?

I mostly work on a Huo family xiao baji form when I'm feeling up to it.

I learned from a student of Adam Hsu.
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Your website advertising your school lists no address. If it wasn't for the email being ".uk" I wouldn't even know what country you were teaching Sanshou in. You might want to think about what you hope to accomplish with that website.
    A, what CFT said, B, it's called SWINDON Kung Fu......
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Suit yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by omarthefish View Post
    Suit yourself.
    I simply don't understand your point????? It says where the school is in the title, and there are 3 separate buttons on the front page to take you to a street address.
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

I simply don't understand your point????? It says where the school is in the title, and there are 3 separate buttons on the front page to take you to a street address.
    Originally I had one point. Now I have two.

1. My original point was that I found your webpage to be unintuitive with the contact hard to find. I actually eventually did figure it out before CFT posted but I shouldn't need help from another poster to find the location of the school. It should be obvious. "Classes" was not intuitive for me. I scanned the page for something like "contact us" or "locations". My first attempt was "About Us" since that seemed like, of the 6 obvious links, the most likely. So I randomly clicked around and eventually found the school location. If the site is meant to advertise the school, I don't think it should have been that much work to find the relevant information. It was escpecially confusing because you have 'Contact' displayed prominently in the header. It suggests you are offering classes informally and have no physical location for your school.

FWIW, people England I suppose all know where Swindon is but I had to google it. Even so, just listing a city is not the same as an actual address.

Having explored the site more I can see that you probably felt, since you teach at 2 different locations, there wasn't room in the header for both addresses. A simple solution would be to put a big obvious link right underneath your email address (where there is clearly plenty of room) The link could be called something like, oh..I dunno..."locations" ?

But rather than asking what I meant, you chose to criticize me in all caps for your own websites failure to communicate. Which brings me to my second point:

2. The point made my my comment "suit yourself" was that, if I had a hard time finding the information I wanted on your website, and if the website was designed for providing that information...seems kind of silly to criticize the theoretical customer/client/student/etc. for not being able to find the information. A well designed website should be obvious and intuitive for the people it's aimed at. The fact that the site owner thinks it's all pretty obvious, is irrelevant.

p.s.

I learned from a student of Adam Hsu.
    Cool.

So it's Wu-Tan Baji. I know it well.

Criticise? I didn't criticise? I also didn't post in all capitals, I highlighted the relevant word.
    Remember, my site is for English people living in the the local area. CFT probably found it more intuitive than you because he is English. "Locations" actually sounds pretty Americanised to an English ear. Basically you're not really a theoretical customer as you're not the people I'm selling to.
    Swindon is A) geographically compact and B) the only large urban area in a 25 mile radius, so if you're interested in coming to my class you're going to know where Swindon is and you know you'll be able to get to the class wherever it is. I originally wanted to have the address where it says the nights I teach on the top right, but it really didn't work on mobile devices, which is a major consideration these days. TBH though, I could pretty much just have Swindon Kung Fu and my email address, as no matter what layout I've had 95% of people just email me for info. (which is another reality of modern mobile browsing).
    Last edited by Ben Gash; 03-30-2012 at 01:43 AM.
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk