Page 23 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Busted Martial Artists

Ordinarily I don't post for others...

...but given this situation, I'll make an exception. Generally, I figure it's an open forum and anyone can become a member and post it for themselves. However, I've been contacted privately from someone in Stephen Gressett's camp, who was our initial article for this thread. They have respectfully requested that I post the following and I will honor this:

Defendant: STEPHEN GRESSETT Count #: 501
    Offense Date: 11/9/2007 Citation #:
    Complaint Date: 11/9/2007 Information Date:
    Statute: 800.04(5)(B) - LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (VT<12 YOA)
    General Offense Category:
    Charge Level: FELONY Charge Degree: FIRST DEGREE
    Result: DROPPED AND OR ABANDONED Result Date: 4/18/2008
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

In related news, charges against controversial BJJ instructor Gene Simco (spelling?) seem to have fizzled after much discussion. He pleaded guilty to a minor charge which basicly was letting a minor (14) have alcohol while at his house (while apparently her parents were also present).....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    ...but given this situation, I'll make an exception. Generally, I figure it's an open forum and anyone can become a member and post it for themselves. However, I've been contacted privately from someone in Stephen Gressett's camp, who was our initial article for this thread. They have respectfully requested that I post the following and I will honor this:
    As long as everyone knows this does not mean the same thing as innocent.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF View Post
    As long as everyone knows this does not mean the same thing as innocent.
    True, because he was already innocent.
    You know, that pesky "innocent till proven guilty" thing.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=75312&page=40

post by Samuel Browning

Okay, I just got back from Milbrook New York and here are the results.

1) Gene Simco was originally charged with two misdemeanor charges. Sexual Abuse in the Third Degree and Endangering the Welfare of a Child.

2) Tonight Simco pled guilty to Endangering the welfare of a child. A violation of P.L. 260.10 which is an A misdemeanor. The Sexual Abuse Charge in the Third Degree Charge was dismissed.

3) I have a letter from Ken Benzinger, Esq who is Gene's lawyer repeating what he said at the time of plea and sentencing which is that the plea reflects Gene's contention that "he never had any sexual contact with the complainant" (When I have time, I'll retype the entire letter)

4) Gene says that he is pleading guilty to the charge of endangering the welfare of a child because he admits the 14 year old complainant had access to alcohol at his house and was drinking it, and he (Simco) did not take the drink from her. He also says that her parents who were at the party did not stop her from drinking either.

5) Simco received a conditional discharge. (If he does not get re-arrested he will not serve any time). He is paying fines and court costs of $455. There is also a five year protective order forbidding him from having any contact with the complainant/victim.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    True, because he was already innocent.
    You know, that pesky "innocent till proven guilty" thing.
    Only in the eyes of the law. Innocent means he didn't do it. That may not be the case here. I am just commenting on how his "camp" made Gene post this as a sort of "AHA see he didn't do it." But that document does not show he is innocent, just says he is not being tried (yet?)
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

Only in the eyes of the law. Innocent means he didn't do it. That may not be the case here. I am just commenting on how his "camp" made Gene post this as a sort of "AHA see he didn't do it." But that document does not show he is innocent, just says he is not being tried (yet?)
    "ONLY" in the eyes of the Law eh?
    Interesting view.

why were the charges dropped ?

a lot of times that happens because they were not real in the first place.

I dont know one way or another in this case as i have not followed it. but the reason for the charges being dropped is important as to whether he is truly guilty.

if they were dropped because they were never true, well....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    "ONLY" in the eyes of the Law eh?
    Interesting view.
    O. J. Simpson

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    O. J. Simpson

OJ was found to be not guilty. That doesn't mean he didn't do it, it means the state couldn't prove their case to that jury.

He is still innocent because to only way to not be innocent is to plead or be found guilty of a crime.

Again all of this has nothing to do with if he really did it or not, and only he knows for sure.

why were the charges dropped ?

a lot of times that happens because they were not real in the first place.

I dont know one way or another in this case as i have not followed it. but the reason for the charges being dropped is important as to whether he is truly guilty.

if they were dropped because they were never true, well....
    It also happens alot because the "complainant" doesn't want to testify against her assaulter because of emotions (either scared or "in love") I wouldn't trust my 9 year old in his MA school.
    ------
    Jason

O. J. Simpson

LMAO !!
    Point taken.

It also happens alot because the "complainant" doesn't want to testify against her assaulter because of emotions (either scared or "in love") I wouldn't trust my 9 year old in his MA school.
    word. i wouldnt trust your 9 year old in his school either

word. i wouldnt trust your 9 year old in his school either
    Also, there are lots of difference between a 9 year old and a 14 year old.

That's no excuse for fooling around with a 14 year old but many girls by that age are alcoholics or drug addits with 3/4 years sexual experience under their belt. I mean you see a girl with a beer in her hand that looks 20....some people, especially those that have a few drinks themselves, don't think about asking for ID!

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Also, there are lots of difference between a 9 year old and a 14 year old.

That's no excuse for fooling around with a 14 year old but many girls by that age are alcoholics or drug addits with 3/4 years sexual experience under their belt. I mean you see a girl with a beer in her hand that looks 20....some people, especially those that have a few drinks themselves, don't think about asking for ID!
    Wow...just wow...
    ------
    Jason