Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Movement Science and Internal Power [Video]

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    Why can internal stylists not agree on the one thing that is most fundamental to their art?
    In many cases they don't speak Chinese, haven't read the classics and don't have in depth grasp from their own cultural frame of reference and so there is struggle with concepts that don't simply map across which are then replaced with cryptic or incomplete understandings.

In my experience. But with the old fellers, who don't speak much english and don't have a western cultural frame of reference? They don't have an issue showing it to you, demonstrating it for you, teaching how to do it to you and remove any magic ass stuff from it entirely.

The biggest problem in IMA in my opinion is the distorted western perspective that there is a divide and that humans can do magic things with secert energy only they have. THat is a delusion born of ignorance that is in continuation and further supported by those who wish they had skill without effort as well.

Otherwise, Xing Yi, Taiji and Bag Gua are totally legit if trained without all the malarky attached. Unfortunately, the western mind is big on malarky. Have you watched a popular program in any format lately?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    In my experience. But with the old fellers, who don't speak much english and don't have a western cultural frame of reference? They don't have an issue showing it to you, demonstrating it for you, teaching how to do it to you and remove any magic ass stuff from it entirely.

The biggest problem in IMA in my opinion is the distorted western perspective that there is a divide and that humans can do magic things with secert energy only they have. That is a delusion born of ignorance that is in continuation and further supported by those who wish they had skill without effort as well.
    This is right on the money!

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    qi means air.
    I thought it means "steam"!

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktiger View Post
    Forget internal stylists try anyone - period.

How long is a piece of string?
    Asking "what is qi?" is significantly different from "how long is a piece of string?"

"What is qi?" is like asking "what is string?"

I'm sure people who work with string have no problem defining it.

So your analogy is incorrect.

Go and have a chat and look at someone who has had Kundalini problems as a result of unsafe practise, happens all the time. Ask them what they think Qi is...
    I've heard this mentioned before but never really heard any specifics. I've only really heard like "awakening the Kundalini improperly/before you are ready/etc. can make you go crazy," but it's vague, kind of like the vague "warnings" that accompany kung fu stuff, like "too much spear hand training damages the eye sight" or whatever. Vague without any legitimate reports of it ever happening.

The first time read about Kundalini was in Glenn Morris' "Pathnotes of an American Ninja Master" and while that book was very entertaining, it was so full of crazy/fantasy/supernatural stuff that I really don't know how much of it was true and how much of it was written to appeal to martial artists who want all that stuff to be true. Regardless, I really did enjoy that book.
    Last edited by IronFist; 05-11-2012 at 09:37 AM.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Why do these conversations about internal/external always end up in the same lame place? Here I've presented NEW information that could go a long ways toward bridging the divide, but we fall back to the same old "camps".

Fail.

EO

All you said is that "internal" = body mechanics.

It ended up in the same lame place because that's where you started.

ooga ooga ooga ooga booga booga

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDan View Post
    ooga ooga ooga ooga booga booga
    Uh....that's, "ooga ooga ooga, booga booga booga!"

You had one too many oogas and one to few boogas!!!

Your kundalini rose too soon and too quickly and has distorted your qi storage, inflating your belly bigger than the qi available to fill it. This has caused your timing to be off and has ruined your short term memory, not to mention your spiritual phasing is out of sync with your physical phasing, which commonly leads to cancer of the qi canals.

Of course I can fix all this for you with my next $3,000 weekend seminar! If you sign up 100 other people I'll give you a $1.99 discount!

You have to ask yourself, is your kundalini and qi balance worth it? Are you willing to risk your spiritual and physical balance? Is it worth the risk of damaging for your next 7 lives having to work off your qi canal cancer?

I say, NO!!!!

Send your check now to reserve your place in my next seminar or you will probably die young, poor, ugly, fat, pimply, alcoholic, and riddled with lice, mice, spice and lice!!!

Asking "what is qi?" is significantly different from "how long is a piece of string?"

"What is qi?" is like asking "what is string?"

I'm sure people who work with string have no problem defining it.

So your analogy is incorrect

I've heard this mentioned before but never really heard any specifics. I've only really heard like "awakening the Kundalini improperly/before you are ready/etc. can make you go crazy," but it's vague, kind of like the vague "warnings" that accompany kung fu stuff, like "too much spear hand training damages the eye sight" or whatever. Vague without any legitimate reports of it ever happening.

The first time read about Kundalini was in Glenn Morris' "Pathnotes of an American Ninja Master" and while that book was very entertaining, it was so full of crazy/fantasy/supernatural stuff that I really don't know how much of it was true and how much of it was written to appeal to martial artists who want all that stuff to be true. Regardless, I really did enjoy that book.
    Im just saying that you are never going to get agreement - end of story, we can sit here going round in circles all day.

As for Glenn Morris I trained with him here in Australia a few years back - also new a guy who spent alot of time with him in the states and then back here in Oz.

Was great fun - rates as my top Qigong experience to date - really amazing from just a wow factor and lots of really nasty Ninjutsu applications, now they love to get the pain on - forget tapping - they dont tap,you are expected to endure.

He was very tight with Dr Hatsumi from Bujinkan and had his tick of approval which is enough for most martial artists who are in the know.If any one else on the board trained with Glenn im sure they would agree he was space traveller but man - he could shut you down. Funny story - he used to take his students to rough biker bars leave them there, and they had to make their way out in one piece.

As for Kundalini fun and games - you may not have come into contact with it but it happens all the time, its not vague at all there is alot of information covering the topic. Have a chat to an experienced Yoga teacher or body worker. Again its all about experience - and what you come in contact with.

Now I must run im off to a levatation seminar!
    Last edited by Blacktiger; 05-11-2012 at 06:25 PM.

they dont tap,you are expected to endure.
    Sounds like some tough guy ego BS.

As for Kundalini fun and games - you may not have come into contact with it but it happens all the time, its not vague at all there is alot of information covering the topic. Have a chat to an experienced Yoga teacher or body worker. Again its all about experience - and what you come in contact with.
    That was vague. I don't know any experienced yoga teachers or body workers, guess I'm out of luck.

Sounds like some tough guy ego BS.

That was vague. I don't know any experienced yoga teachers or body workers, guess I'm out of luck.
    Not BS or ego - try reality, experience you wont get from bashing focus pads all day.

Not BS or ego - try reality, experience you wont get from bashing focus pads all day.
    I've trained at grappling schools before. Not tapping is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

You have it all covered then

Grappling is just the same as a Bujinkan Ninjustsu class

Yep, mentioning Hatsumi really adds credibility to a post.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Uh....that's, "ooga ooga ooga, booga booga booga!"

You had one too many oogas and one to few boogas!!!

Your kundalini rose too soon and too quickly and has distorted your qi storage, inflating your belly bigger than the qi available to fill it. This has caused your timing to be off and has ruined your short term memory, not to mention your spiritual phasing is out of sync with your physical phasing, which commonly leads to cancer of the qi canals.

Of course I can fix all this for you with my next $3,000 weekend seminar! If you sign up 100 other people I'll give you a $1.99 discount!

You have to ask yourself, is your kundalini and qi balance worth it? Are you willing to risk your spiritual and physical balance? Is it worth the risk of damaging for your next 7 lives having to work off your qi canal cancer?

I say, NO!!!!

Send your check now to reserve your place in my next seminar or you will probably die young, poor, ugly, fat, pimply, alcoholic, and riddled with lice, mice, spice and lice!!!
    Nope. You're wrong. This is how we do it in MY lineage.