Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Religion

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Yes, Yaheshua Is the Hebrew name and a proper translation woudl be Joshua, but Jesus is a transliteration of the greek Iesous, which is Joshua in greek, as you can see that even in the greek Septaguine, Joshua is transliterated as Iesous.
    juda = yahuda
    jeremiah= yeremyahu
    isiah= isayahu
    yahu= yhwh
    yahushua = salvation of yahu

i like to use aramuic names because it intimidates the white peoples
    Last edited by bawang; 06-09-2011 at 09:28 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    juda = yahuda
    jeremiah= yeremyahu
    isiah= isayahu
    yahu= yhwh
    yahushua = salvation of yahu

i like to use aramuic names because it intimidates the white peoples
    Yeah, I've noticed that, LOL
    My hebrew and Aramaic suck, but I am working on my Koine.
    Just for fun really, but at times it is quite interesting.
    I think that if I had the time I would love to get a degree on ancient languages.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Make one yourself.

It's not hard. Go out and pick up litter.
    Donate anonymously.
    Volunteer your time to a worthy cause because it's a worthy cause.

I don't know why you wait for someone else's example to criticize.
    Go and be unselfish, go and be the change in the world you claim you wish to see.

It is that simple.
    all somewhat selfish... im looking for purely unselfish acts... i give my heart so my kid can live, i do that for MY love... among other reasons, but the selfish reasons are there... i pick up trash i get a sense of satisfaction for many reasons... volunteer, same thing... im not saying that you cant be more unselfish than others, just that there will always be some selfish motivation for any act of kindness or what we would normally call "unselfish acts"... quite the misnomer IMO... and you havent said nada to sway me...

its all good if you wanna drop this, im not looking fr you to enlighten me on this, i know you wont find an example... its on you... find one or not... but if you choose the former, your search will be in vain...

also i dont recal making any claims of wishes??? im good with my path... and im not questioning yours, i really dont care... but that is one point i want to make because quite frankly i finbd it amazing that itys not common knowledge... when my grampa first explained it to me when i was a kid it was like a light was shining down on my understanding of the motivations of man... without that key, the knowledge is locked away... your call man...
    Last edited by Syn7; 06-09-2011 at 04:28 PM.

Yeah, I've noticed that, LOL
    My hebrew and Aramaic suck, but I am working on my Koine.
    Just for fun really, but at times it is quite interesting.
    I think that if I had the time I would love to get a degree on ancient languages.
    youve put alotta time in aye?

maybe one day i can pick ur brain in person... you would get along with my moms moms side of the fam, they are all priests and scholars... super fun to argue with... good peoples... my one uncle(great) is pretty high up and spend alot of time in rome... but his heart is in peru, where he formally resides... interesting cat...

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    all somewhat selfish... im looking for purely unselfish acts...
    You will not see the smallest stone. Only the boulders. You have convinced yourself of your own capacity for selfishness. I'm not going to convince you that it is otherwise with a great many people.

One day you'll see. tell me what you think of this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tedczhnsqfo

do you think him selfish for what he does every day, day in and day out?
    Let me tell you, there are thousands like him who go about this daily without recognition and without wanting recognition.

Your world must be a dark one.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

youve put alotta time in aye?

maybe one day i can pick ur brain in person... you would get along with my moms moms side of the fam, they are all priests and scholars... super fun to argue with... good peoples... my one uncle(great) is pretty high up and spend alot of time in rome... but his heart is in peru, where he formally resides... interesting cat...
    One more year and I will have a Bach in Theology but ancient languages, that would be really something to dig my teeth in.
    I am, a heart, an apologist and I love to discus and debate Christianity.

One more year and I will have a Bach in Theology but ancient languages, that would be really something to dig my teeth in.
    Languages are interesting.
    Regarding religion, what get's lost in translation is truly fascinating.

If you are heavy into theology, then Greek, Latin, Hebrew and Aramaic would take you far. If you want more, you can even learn Coptic and start reading some of the old Egyptian stuff.

I personally would like to be able to read the DSS as is sans translations. I'm happy that they've been finally released for public scrutiny after all these years.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

mary is a disguised version of inana the mother of harlots

*stroke beard

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Languages are interesting.
    Regarding religion, what get's lost in translation is truly fascinating.

If you are heavy into theology, then Greek, Latin, Hebrew and Aramaic would take you far. If you want more, you can even learn Coptic and start reading some of the old Egyptian stuff.

I personally would like to be able to read the DSS as is sans translations. I'm happy that they've been finally released for public scrutiny after all these years.
    I had the pleasure of seeing the codex sinaiticus a few years ago, a work of beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    mary is a disguised version of inana the mother of harlots

*stroke beard
    Does Mary know?

You will not see the smallest stone. Only the boulders. You have convinced yourself of your own capacity for selfishness. I'm not going to convince you that it is otherwise with a great many people.

One day you'll see. tell me what you think of this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tedczhnsqfo

do you think him selfish for what he does every day, day in and day out?
    Let me tell you, there are thousands like him who go about this daily without recognition and without wanting recognition.

Your world must be a dark one.
    youre missing my point... he recognizes himself... what he does makes him feel good... therefore its rooted in selfishness... and thats ok... the word selfish has this stigma and a meaning separate to what it really is... we are ourselves and will always be ourselves... no matter what we do, anon or not, their will always be atleast some selfish motivation...

like i said, i dont care whether you agree or not. but im happy to make the point for anyone who wants to get into it...

also, do you even see it when youre being condescending? you dont even notice it do you? im ok with overt acts, but the whole sly act annoys me... stop it... you arent any more special than anyone else here...

omg i just saw the vid... are you serious???

are you telling me that you arent able to see any selfish motivation there??? he seems like a great guy and its good he does that, but you have to admit that he gets a sense of satisfaction for what he's doing...

ok you know what, you are so far from where im sitting on this one that i dont even want to discuss it anymore... either you have to much ego to concede or you really dont get it, either way, dont answer this, or the last one...

dont get me wrong, i hope you do get it and you just cant handle admitting fault... coz that would be a whole lot better than being the guy who cant understand something as simple as what ive put foreward... i guarantee you that if we put it to the forum i would sway more with my argument than you with yours... i cant put it in more simple terms... so since ive actually repeated myself three times now, ima just stop here...

youre missing my point... he recognizes himself... what he does makes him feel good... therefore its rooted in selfishness... and thats ok... the word selfish has this stigma and a meaning separate to what it really is... we are ourselves and will always be ourselves... no matter what we do, anon or not, their will always be atleast some selfish motivation...

like i said, i dont care whether you agree or not. but im happy to make the point for anyone who wants to get into it...

also, do you even see it when youre being condescending? you dont even notice it do you? im ok with overt acts, but the whole sly act annoys me... stop it... you arent any more special than anyone else here...
    If you don't care, why do you argue?
    You know the ego exists in all of us.
    You chase an ideal whose only real manifestation is this:

What of those who donate their organs? Et Al? What of them? Or even the act of signing a donor card knowing full well you have no say in who gets what of your innards?

If you feel I'm condescending, so be it. What it is to me is that I disagree with the point you are presenting and giving you examples of why I disagree.

You want an absolute. I haven't got one.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

so whats your guys' take on this?

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

and for the record, no one gets my innards!!! they're mine!!!! im taking them to hell with me
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.