View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1037 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 37537937987102710351036103710381039104710871137 ... LastLast
Results 15,541 to 15,555 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    the opening section is exactly as Jake has it, minus his lack of understanding of this form. move for move.
    Sure, but I'd like to see someone with a proper understanding of all the fundamentals of the form with the benefit of years of training under the lineage of the form show his expression of the form. If the form is move-for-move the same then what's the harm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Blog Entries
    Sure, but I'd like to see someone with a proper understanding of all the fundamentals of the form with the benefit of years of training under the lineage of the form show his expression of the form. If the form is move-for-move the same then what's the harm?
    really? i won't speak on it because i don't trust the reason behind wanting to see someone do it the right way. i'm sorry. that's the truth. if i never found jakes version of our form, i would be glad to show you because when i make video's of our stuff i chop it and mix it up so people like jake don't copy it and try to teach it.

what matters to me is that shaolin do doesn't have the form as it should be done. buddha joe, drake, and more than a few others know that your lineage took our form from the book. it's my personal POV that the less you know the better. Sin The and Jake has done enough damage to our treasured form. an outright shame. in fact, i took down all my video's on this form because of unwanted thievery.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 10-19-2012 at 12:10 PM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    I know right???
    Look at this kid pretending like he knows. You will ride anyone who comes anywhere near agreeing with you or is critical of what you have been critical of. I hope you're just a kid. That's some serious social weakness right there.

Why don't you give us a history lesson on the good and bad of the Tong Gene speaks of. Shiiiiit, you will need a google search just to learn the name, let alone drop any real knowledge.

If you wanna argue and debate, that's all good. You don't even have to be nice about it, most of us have thick enough skin. But quit frontin'. It's transparent as fukc.

really? i won't speak on it because i don't trust the reason behind wanting to see someone do it the right way. i'm sorry. that's the truth. if i never found jakes version of our form, i would be glad to show you because when i make video's of our stuff i chop it and mix it up so people like jake don't copy it and try to teach it.

what matters to me is that shaolin do doesn't have the form as it should be done. buddha joe, drake, and more than a few others know that your lineage took our form from the book. it's my personal POV that the less you know the better. Sin The and Jake has done enough damage to our treasured form. an outright shame.
    Man, I now believe that it was learned from a book. I didn't know that when I was taught it by my teacher. It's your form so you can do what you want. I thought you said the opening sequence was the same move for move.

You don't have to trust me, though I've never made a dime off of SD and have never stolen a form from anyone (only learned forms that I later learned were stolen but didn't know at the time).

The opening sequence of that form is one of the more difficult things to do right and make it look good and it would be nice to see someone do it really well. That's all.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Man, I now believe that it was learned from a book. I didn't know that when I was taught it by my teacher. It's your form so you can do what you want. I thought you said the opening sequence was the same move for move.

You don't have to trust me, though I've never made a dime off of SD and have never stolen a form from anyone (only learned forms that I later learned were stolen but didn't know at the time).

The opening sequence of that form is one of the more difficult things to do right and make it look good and it would be nice to see someone do it really well. That's all.
    I read your request as seeing hsk perform the opening sequence for expression only. Meaning, he could perform the opening sequence WITH the markers as published by DFW in his video and it could still achieve the goal.

So, again, what's the harm in demonstrating something that's already public domain?

i did say that. and i stand by that. don't believe me. show buddhajoe, or ben gash, or anyone else that is from my lineage here. drake can show his teacher the video and i know what he'd say before he says it. from the moment the form starts to the spreading of the arms in a crane stance to the guard then up and down on one leg and everything done on one leg......dude im publicly telling you it is the same same same. ON MY SIFU'S HONOR......i'm tellin you the truth. nuff said.

with this form, you're not going to. my sifu is aware and available if you want to come to SF and learn it the proper way. hell, get it corrected. up to you.

my sifu is aware and available if you want to come to SF and learn it the proper way. hell, get it corrected. up to you.
    Frank, I'm not doubting you. That's why I don't understand why it would be an issue. Regardless I'd love to come out to San Fran and train with your sifu. I've had the honor of seeing him teach in the past.

Frank's Having Fun Again

I think Frank is just repetitively loading up the thread again so that when it hits 1000, he can pull his posts again. Otherwise, he's guilty of what Syn7 said earlier about categorizing us and lumping us all in together. I'll break it down for you Frank.

JP and I believe that Sin The probably got the form from DFW's book.

Empty cup is open to the possibility that it came from DFW's book but is not convinced that it couldn't have come from anywhere else.

TTM believes that the form definitely could have come from somewhere else but I don't believe he's taken a firm position of whether Sin definitely got it from Ie or the temple.

If I misrepresented any of you, my humble apologies.
    Last edited by Old Noob; 10-19-2012 at 12:44 PM. Reason: I either can't spell or can't type.

don't be mad. its not that serious.

i accept your apology copper!
    Who's copper?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    I think Frank is just repetitively loading up the thread again so that when it hits 1000, he can pull his posts again. Otherwise, he's guilty of what Syn7 said earlier about categorizing us and lumping us all in together. I'll break it down for you Frank.

JP and I believe that Sin The probably got the form from DFW's book.

Empty cup is open to the possibility that it came from DFW's book but is not convinced that it couldn't have come from anywhere else.

TTM believes that the form definitely could have come from somewhere else but I don't believe he's taken a firm position of whether Sin definitely got it from Ie or the temple.

If I misrepresented any of you, my humble apologies.
    You represented my position well. In fact, I nominate you as the official "summer-upper" of this thread

That aside, I still don't understand why hsk does not want to perform the opening sequence of this form, WITH markers. For folks interested in seeing how drastically Jake missed the expression, why not do this to contrast and compare?

cause jakes version (his execution of the techniques) are all wrong. i don't want you seeing how they are done properly so you or anyone can go back watch the video and correct your movements.

she me YOURS.
    For one small section? Really? I'll tell you what, I have me on video doing the form. I'll put up the first section if you will. You are free to tear apart my expression of the form and tell me how wrong it is (you'd probably be right). Deal?

I will pay everyone a million fake internet dollars to quit talking about this form. WHO CARES?! If SD stole it and their version sucks, then people will either figure it out or they won't. If DFW is the only real teacher of the form, then if it's that important someone who really wants to learn CLF will seek him out and learn it.

None of it matters because ultimately SD isn't solely relying on a CFL form to make it's money and the students that DFW or his disciples would have would never be caught dead in an SD school anyway, there is practically zero crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    Funny, so you have never lied , had something you said be blown out of proportion or mistakenly given out information that wasnt true or correct? you must be an idiot or out of touch with reality, which is it?
    Are u really this thick? everyone has lied, in different ways; however, when you hold yourself up as a supposed example of proper conduct to a group of followers, there's a different level of expectation; Syn7 isn't holding himself out as a model of truth, justice and the American way to people, whereas Sin The is; so the expectation is that he lives up to his own PR; do you seriously not see the difference? or r u just committed to your suicidal douchebaggery trajectory?

- hugs and kisses, your BFF, DlCK BREATH

Blog Entries
    suicidal douchebaggery trajectory
    is there a method to protect ourselves from this? what kind of defense can we get our hands on to deal with this?

DUCK!!!!!!!!!!

incoming suicidal douchebaggery projectiles!

i saved your fakkin lives. you owe me now.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

make the video. i will mention what you may be doing incorrectly. but if i do this, i will be privately and not for the world to see.
    Sure. I'm not a computer savvy guy, but I'll load it on youtube with a private link and send it to you if you will do the same. I'll be glad to post my poor expression for the world to see, but understand if you don't want to do the same.

if i do this it will only be private. however i'll be back in a moment. looking at a video i made that may answer your question
    I will keep your video private. I will put mine out there for everyone to, justifiably, rip to shreads.