Thread: Bajiquan

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Well, that was the point. I liked the performance, but I did not find it superficial like some other performance videos. The man's movements/posture/stances were precise and he looked powerful in performing them.

Thanks for the above videos. The master doing the form looks more "raw" or "street", and I like it too. I have always found Bajiquan fascinating, so any more videos will be welcome.
    For the video of Mr.Chow up there.. I don't really like his compare to the one posted originally in this thread. The reason is, baiji chuan is supposed to be done in a very sudden movements like suddent explosion, not fast and like a race car. You can say it's supposed to be a canon but not a machine gun type. This guy here is doing it like a machine gun, no essence of baji at all.

I ain't any baji master but here is my baji form, just to share. (not saying it's good!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRP2y6DkxwQ
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by CYMac View Post
    For the video of Mr.Chow up there.. I don't really like his compare to the one posted originally in this thread. The reason is, baiji chuan is supposed to be done in a very sudden movements like suddent explosion, not fast and like a race car. You can say it's supposed to be a canon but not a machine gun type.
    That is why I referred to the power release in the original video. According to my Baji readings the power release in Baji is sharp and explosive, like as you put it, a cannon.

However, I liked Taai Gihk Yahn's video clips as well, because the master in that video had a certain rawness. He also seemed to have a good knowledge of the applications.

This guy here is doing it like a machine gun, no essence of baji at all.
    The difference as regards the power release may be a lineage thing. I really don't know, but I know exactly what you mean.

I ain't any baji master but here is my baji form, just to share. (not saying it's good!)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRP2y6DkxwQ
    Thanks for sharing.

That is why I referred to the power release in the original video. According to my Baji readings the power release in Baji is sharp and explosive, like as you put it, a cannon.

However, I liked Taai Gihk Yahn's video clips as well, because the master in that video had a certain rawness. He also seemed to have a good knowledge of the applications.

The difference as regards the power release may be a lineage thing. I really don't know, but I know exactly what you mean.

Thanks for sharing.

I do agree, different lineage have different way to "express" their kungfu, and so some do baji fast, which is okay. But the word "baji" means "eight extreme", so the style is already meant to go "extreme" in all eight directions, extending the force all the way to one way, explosive, etc,. Although, the master can do it fast but STILL have explosive power as well. So that's another thing.

I do my forms slow and with not much "external force". It's because first, I have a leg injury on my right which limit my footwork to kick or do stance. Second is because I like to use internal power more and so you don't look powerful when you use the internal force. The difference is, when you touch me while I move forward with the strike, your whole limb can numb.

I am not sure what the baji style's force is like, do you have any guidlines?
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

I am not sure what the baji style's force is like, do you have any guidlines?
    Again, my understanding of Baji is limited to my readings. From what I have gathered, the harsh stance training together with stance transference training creates certain body unity faculties that combine with breathing and sometimes ground stomping to transfer the energy and power from ground to the fists, to create penetrative strikes.

I guess that my understanding is too general, but it is all I have as regards Baji.

Again, my understanding of Baji is limited to my readings. From what I have gathered, the harsh stance training together with stance transference training creates certain body unity faculties that combine with breathing and sometimes ground stomping to transfer the energy and power from ground to the fists, to create penetrative strikes.

I guess that my understanding is too general, but it is all I have as regards Baji.
    Stomping techniques is used in many forms too, I have done so myself and it does work well. I also trained the 12 and 10 roads Tan Tui (spring kick) of northern shaolin before which also use this stomping method. *10 roads is from Cha CHuan (查拳).*

Do you do baji yourself? or got any video of yourself doing it?

I also have saw "Ng Lin Chi"'s baji which is way different than this you posted initially. His is more high stance style but the force is used more sudden and chained. Not fast though, just linked and chained. *Ng Lin Chi* is one of the authority in baji now, I think he is a lineage holder or something.. gotta check first, not sure.

--
    got a video~
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDczMzA4OA==.html

Do you do baji yourself? or got any video of yourself doing it?
    No, I have never done Baji. My experience is limited to Wing Chun and Chow Gar.

--
    Interesting video, even though for some reason I could not see the whole thing. I will try to see the rest later on when I wake up. It is very late here in Colombia, so I am going to bed soon.

No, I have never done Baji. My experience is limited to Wing Chun and Chow Gar.

--

Interesting video, even though for some reason I could not see the whole thing. I will try to see the rest later on when I wake up. It is very late here in Colombia, so I am going to bed soon.
    Ah~ I see! Chow Gar mantis? that's tough too!

I don't know why the server for those movies are so slow too, it's really slow for the china servers, and sometimes people just kept on lagging for hours, haha! But at least we got a chance to see it though, haha!