Thread: Central Line Bong Sau vs. Center Line Bong Sau

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Well, like most TWC guys, there is a large disconnect between what you all say you're doing, and what you're actually doing.

It is very plain to see in the slow-mo gif I provided, that he's not circling around the opponent, but taking linear sidesteps away from him perpendicular to the his advances.

He's not arriving at any blind side or superior position, and he's moving body mass in a separate direction from his punch.

It may or may not be a vulnerability. Depends on the opponent. I think it has more cons than pros, though, and is quite open to a shoot and takedown, since he's moving backward in a parallel, duck footed stance while the opponent is closing in.
    Wow! You are working so hard at arguing with me and what's in that video that you can't even see your own markings accurately! Geez!

When Phil does his Bong his lead foot is well behind your red/green cross-hatch. When he does his punch his lead foot is in front of that red/green cross-hatch. As I said. Both his feet are on the perimeter of a circle, with the opponent standing near the center of that circle. He is not taking linear sidesteps. He is stepping along the perimeter of the circle as your own illustration clearly shows. When he makes the second part of the step after the Bong, his hips are moving forward with the punch as his body mass moves around the perimeter of the circle. Again, just look at your own illustration. When starts his Bong his lead hip is at your back green line. When he does his punch his rear hip is clearly closer to your front green line. Nice illustration. Is supports what I have been saying. You are just working hard to deny what is actually happening in the video just for the sake of arguing.

And I would like to point out the NUMEROUS times people have commented on things they see in Phillip Bayer's videos, to which you have replied things like "you don't study the system so you don't know what you are looking at", and "you don't know WSLVT, so you cannot comment on what is going on in the video", and "you aren't seeing what's really happening in the video".....I'm paraphrasing, of course.
    Last edited by KPM; 03-22-2017 at 03:21 AM.