Thread: Do you have a progressive mind set?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by YinOrYan View Post
    Have not seen such things descibed anywhere, nor do I know how that could be done. It cannot even be captured in diagrams, and I don't recall ever seeing any good videos about it. It is usually taught while learning a 5 animal system, and Mantis style is usually not one of animals, that's why I had suggested putting more of the snake style back into Wing Chun by going back to its roots, that is, with less rooted horses...
    I would say the stance is only rooted when it needs to be, but that's just me...

Remember there is different families, some more snake like than others

Quote Originally Posted by T.D.O View Post
    I would say the stance is only rooted when it needs to be, but that's just me...

Remember there is different families, some more snake like than others
    Yea, just finished reading the Complete Wing Chun book by Chu, Richie & Wu and it has examples that have been attributed to just about every animal style but all I recognize in Wing Chun are upperbody parts from eagle claw, mantis, and snake...

all I recognize in Wing Chun are upperbody parts from eagle claw, mantis, and snake...
    1st time ive heard eagle claw being in there

Quote Originally Posted by T.D.O View Post
    1st time ive heard eagle claw being in there
    Found an example of eagle claw (ying jow / yingzhao) in the chapter on Pan Nam Wing Chun Kuen. "Emphasis on the huen sao (circling hand) technique at the end of each section shows the characteristic eagle claw training, with each finger slowly gripping."

Found an example of eagle claw (ying jow / yingzhao) in the chapter on Pan Nam Wing Chun Kuen. "Emphasis on the huen sao (circling hand) technique at the end of each section shows the characteristic eagle claw training, with each finger slowly gripping."
    Thanks