View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 926 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 4268268769169249259269279289369761026 ... LastLast
Results 13,876 to 13,890 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

"The Tang Lang we do in SD has Cond ex "

cond ex= conditionin exercises?

Does SD teach sets like "Fan Che"(rolling wheel), Lian Jie(intercept fist), Bung Bu(crushing step/collapsing leg), and others?

If not..then you have a long way to go..

Cool Yes and Yes

Yes and Yes, as far as Fan Jie Yes but it is known as something else I will look up our term for it , Intercepting fist ???? will let you know Bung Bu and Crushing Step yes and Yes , so not too far to go I guess. We have 10 roads and Tan/M Tui as well Iron Bone cond, wrist, leg, hip. shoulder etc and Iron Shirt as well. and You ????? what can you do, not , what does your style teach?? KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

SD doesn't teach Lan Jeet or Fan Che (Dai or Siu). There's a version of Cha Choi & Bung Bo they do as well as Bai Yuan Chut Dong & 4th Route Essentials.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

hey sean got any peanut butter??

or know anyplace that has some good chinese food? if you do tell me so i will know to stay away
    ...or is there something i have missed a glimpse of phantoms in the mist. Traveling down a dusty road bent forward with this heavy load..

Hey Chris!!

Yeah have peanut butter!! But no so much as you I bet.

As far as Chinese food I know several bomb places to get the grub on!! But you gotta like Chinese food & speak Mandarin to order properly. You're ok there...

But I can take you to a Vietnamese sandwich shop that will blow your mind with awesomeness & you'd never want anything else again.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

MasterKiller,
    In response to your assertion. NO!

Sean

Dont know where you got your info on Tang Lang in SD but you are not completly correct I have all of the Tang Lang just have to review my notes so I dont type the wrong words. In Chinese. will let you know. You didnt even mention 7 Hands etc. KC

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Dont know where you got your info on Tang Lang in SD but you are not completly correct I have all of the Tang Lang just have to review my notes so I dont type the wrong words. In Chinese. will let you know. You didnt even mention 7 Hands etc. KC
    Drills are drills. There are a billion drills.

I was talking sets. And I never said I was absolute. I was going by what I've seen & experienced. Neither Fan Che was ever seen in SD, nor was Lan Jeet.

I've seen the SD versions of Bung Bo, Cha Choi, Bai Yuan Chut Dong and Sei Luo Jak Yiu.

If there are more orthodox mantis sets in SD, bring them out.

Sets

Tan Tui, Tang Lang Sou, Chuo Kang, Yu Lang, Se Pa Siao, Suang Cha Hua, Mei Hua Lu, He Hu Chiao Chu, Lha Chue, Siao Huan Che, Se Lu Kuen Ta, Chi Sing Chien, Mei Hua Chien, Peng Chien, Lan Chie, Chie Yao, Pu Tao, Pa Chien, Pai Yen Tou Tao, Pai Yen Chu Tung, Pai Yen Sien Kuo, Pai Yen Sien Tae, Pai Yen Siao Hu, Pai Yen Sien Su, This is the forms / sets in SD Tang Lang, These are the sets in the Mantis training, also contained are the Jade Ring Training 9, Stance Linkage, Hand linkage, Kick Linkage, Seven Hands, Springy Leg 10, @ man arm Banging 7, ttok some time , Sean Have you seen all this where you trained SD ??? KC

Tan Tui, Tang Lang Sou, Chuo Kang, Yu Lang, Se Pa Siao, Suang Cha Hua, Mei Hua Lu, He Hu Chiao Chu, Lha Chue, Siao Huan Che, Se Lu Kuen Ta, Chi Sing Chien, Mei Hua Chien, Peng Chien, Lan Chie, Chie Yao, Pu Tao, Pa Chien, Pai Yen Tou Tao, Pai Yen Chu Tung, Pai Yen Sien Kuo, Pai Yen Sien Tae, Pai Yen Siao Hu, Pai Yen Sien Su, This is the forms / sets in SD Tang Lang, These are the sets in the Mantis training, also contained are the Jade Ring Training 9, Stance Linkage, Hand linkage, Kick Linkage, Seven Hands, Springy Leg 10, @ man arm Banging 7, ttok some time , Sean Have you seen all this where you trained SD ??? KC
    I told you what I'd seen & been exposed to. It's right above this post.

I've got to figure out what most of that is above & then compare it to orthodox Mantis.

Some of the sets I recognize (Mei Hua Lu). Tan Tui isn't Mantis. Tan Tui is Tan Tui. Multiple styles have adopted it. SD doing the 10 Road is the Muslim Tan Tui & not the 14 Road most commonly associated with Mantis via the Jing Mo.

Like I said about the drills... drills are drills & those are a billion in count & a dime a dozen. That's nothing special.

But... you've done all of this in your SD training?

Now... I've got to go figure out what lots of this is when I get off work.

Smile Sean

Dont get defensive I was just wondering, also in Line two there is Lan Chie I think that is Fan Chie or similar to it, well dont spend too much time on it the spelling may be off. I will send u the translations if you want them so you can research them and I have not done all of them but most. KC

Btw

I trained 7 Star Tang Lang for 10 years prior to SD and am well versed in that style but like SD better. KC

Dont get defensive I was just wondering, also in Line two there is Lan Chie I think that is Fan Chie or similar to it, well dont spend too much time on it the spelling may be off. I will send u the translations if you want them so you can research them and I have not done all of them but most. KC
    Not defensive but pointing out what I'd already pointed out. No worries, no harm no foul. Lovliness of forums as opposed to face to face...

Yeah send me the translations if you don't mind. I'll IM you my email address.

Blog Entries

Does this look like traditional kung fu

http://youtu.be/ZwZf8IUytuY
    I like it.
    I tried this before lets see if it copied this time.

Hua

Not really it seems the guy is slowing down and emphasizing Power more than anything but that is not the SD Hua either. KC