Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Why is there not a single WC fighter, anywhere!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    I read your articles, there's humor
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reading and writing skills are related-eventually leading to understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reading and writing skills are related-eventually leading to understanding.
    so what's your excuse ? didnt help you.

so what's your excuse ? didnt help you.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bye bye

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bye bye
    Until we meet again keep an open mind Joy ....ribbet.

"...Fighting is not exclusive to those who post clips..." , i think clips should apply however when all you seem to do is write off clips from other lineages as poor/not Wing Chun.

Its easy to appear enlightened when you have nothing to show that can be critiqued by other people.

There again, based on your "war stories" you're probably too deadly to spar with as you would probably kill your partners with your exemplary WSL skills... Hence the lack of any sparring videos... right?

I laughed my a** off when you claimed you have had mma guys come to you to learn to fight. So you are saying that guys with battle tested skills in the cage are going to swap what they have for what you have to offer???

I get the impression that you are one of those guys who struggles in sparring but claims that in "the street" its always different. Sure, in "the street" the stakes are higher and adrenaline robs you of fine motor skills so most complex combinations are out of the window but the mechanics and chaos you find in hard sparring are no different in "the street". So why not show us the real time skills that have enabled you to beat armed people, multiple opponents etc etc.

Oh and btw, on the basis that the WSL system is taught constistantly and is superior (in your little world ) to all other Wing Chun systems, why is it that during both of the open chi sau tournaments held at the SENI in the UK a couple of years ago the WSL guys hardly won a bout? ( we know its not "the street" but chi sau IS an indication of skill level and a forum for people to show off their technical skills) Strange that...

Quote Originally Posted by gunnyhighway View Post
    "...Fighting is not exclusive to those who post clips..." , i think clips should apply however when all you seem to do is write off clips from other lineages as poor/not Wing Chun.

Its easy to appear enlightened when you have nothing to show that can be critiqued by other people.

There again, based on your "war stories" you're probably too deadly to spar with as you would probably kill your partners with your exemplary WSL skills... Hence the lack of any sparring videos... right?

I laughed my a** off when you claimed you have had mma guys come to you to learn to fight. So you are saying that guys with battle tested skills in the cage are going to swap what they have for what you have to offer???

I get the impression that you are one of those guys who struggles in sparring but claims that in "the street" its always different. Sure, in "the street" the stakes are higher and adrenaline robs you of fine motor skills so most complex combinations are out of the window but the mechanics and chaos you find in hard sparring are no different in "the street". So why not show us the real time skills that have enabled you to beat armed people, multiple opponents etc etc.

Oh and btw, on the basis that the WSL system is taught constistantly and is superior (in your little world ) to all other Wing Chun systems, why is it that during both of the open chi sau tournaments held at the SENI in the UK a couple of years ago the WSL guys hardly won a bout? ( we know its not "the street" but chi sau IS an indication of skill level and a forum for people to show off their technical skills) Strange that...
    good points but i disagree on one issue That the shi sau thing is not that strance, whats strikes me as strange is that since all of WSL’s students make such a big deal of what a fighter he was, and since he himself was always testing his skills in fights and competitions, Kevin cant seem to post any clips of him or his students sparring or fighting…heck id settle for some clips of any of Bayers students in actual fights or comps, he only seems to be able to post clips of drills though

WSL I suspect would find this amusing

I dont write off ALL clips, try reading old posts, I have posted clips, yeah strange huh , mma guys with bjj say they wont use a guard in a real fight go figure. Yeah my attacks are too deadly to show thats childish goading.

I'm laughing my A R S E off now at your notion of 'chi-sao competitions' , you dont know even understand what I mean do you? ...ah the enlightened and their posts
    I have been chi-saoing for 25 years ...one of my juniors at my old sifu 'Pasco David' won a chi-sao competition in London by simply lop saoing another guy for the whole duration ...one grab and hold won...silly ?
    so you do VT ?
    Last edited by k gledhill; 05-24-2011 at 04:37 AM.

Strange I know several MMA fighters, and whilst non would use the guard on the street as their opening move, some have and guess what they did ok, I know more that would use the guard than WSL’s wing chun that’s for sure

I also know more than a few that have choked guys out on the street when the fight hit the ground, I also know more than a few that also suplexed people into the next week, don’t know many that have chain punched guys though

As for childish goading re-read a number of your posts on this thread ………especially those to Joy

"I dont write off ALL clips, try reading old posts, I have posted clips"

So you have posted clips of you sparring hard showing off your "street"
    skills, where are the links?

" yeah strange huh , mma guys with bjj say they wont use a guard in a real fight go figure."

So what part of your wing chun wisdom did you impart to these mma guys? Im interested.

"Yeah my attacks are too deadly to show thats childish goading."

Childish, not really, i will tell you whats childish AND dangerous, guys that go around telling war stories over the internet about how many fights they have had on "the street" , beating guys with knives/multiple oponents etc. I bet you enjoy telling your admiring students about all the rucks youve had and seeing the way they react. Thats dangerous, youre giving people false hope/confidence in what can be achieved. Oh and based on the amount of violence you claim to have been involved in, how much time have you spent in prison as a result? Thought so, none... Youre a walter mitty mate, you claim to be the sh*t but cant even put up a clip of you sparring or showing your battle tested skills. If you want to keep criticizing what other people do so vociferously if you want your opinions to have any weight put up or shut up.

"I'm laughing my A R S E off now at your notion of 'chi-sao competitions' , you dont know even understand what I mean do you? ...ah the enlightened and their posts "

Ive been training in wing chun for many years myself mate, you dont have any exclusive rights in understanding the art. I know what chi sau is and isnt.

"I have been chi-saoing for 25 years ...one of my juniors at my old sifu 'Pasco David' won a chi-sao competition in London by simply lop saoing another guy for the whole duration ...one grab and hold won...silly ?"

Yeah ive trained with Pasco back in the day, a very nice open minded guy who was happy to spar with me (at that point a complete stranger).

So he won a chi sau competition with a simple move, thats great!

But youre not answering my question , why is it that the wsl guys got caned at both of those competitions. And yes, like i said before we know its not a fight its a
    skill test. I was there mate, and saw NONE of the stuff you espouse as wsl specific being applied by the wsl guys. Most of the bouts were pretty rough and ready with plenty of hard shots to the body. Pity you werent there as you would have won every trophy, especially with your deadly "street" skills.

so you do VT ?

Yes, bet you are itching to find out which lineage i train in so you can tell me what im doing wrong...

"I dont write off ALL clips, try reading old posts, I have posted clips"

So you have posted clips of you sparring hard showing off your "street"
    skills, where are the links?

" yeah strange huh , mma guys with bjj say they wont use a guard in a real fight go figure."

So what part of your wing chun wisdom did you impart to these mma guys? Im interested.

"Yeah my attacks are too deadly to show thats childish goading."

Childish, not really, i will tell you whats childish AND dangerous, guys that go around telling war stories over the internet about how many fights they have had on "the street" , beating guys with knives/multiple oponents etc. I bet you enjoy telling your admiring students about all the rucks youve had and seeing the way they react. Thats dangerous, youre giving people false hope/confidence in what can be achieved. Oh and based on the amount of violence you claim to have been involved in, how much time have you spent in prison as a result? Thought so, none... Youre a walter mitty mate, you claim to be the sh*t but cant even put up a clip of you sparring or showing your battle tested skills. If you want to keep criticizing what other people do so vociferously if you want your opinions to have any weight put up or shut up.

"I'm laughing my A R S E off now at your notion of 'chi-sao competitions' , you dont know even understand what I mean do you? ...ah the enlightened and their posts "

Ive been training in wing chun for many years myself mate, you dont have any exclusive rights in understanding the art. I know what chi sau is and isnt.

"I have been chi-saoing for 25 years ...one of my juniors at my old sifu 'Pasco David' won a chi-sao competition in London by simply lop saoing another guy for the whole duration ...one grab and hold won...silly ?"

Yeah ive trained with Pasco back in the day, a very nice open minded guy who was happy to spar with me (at that point a complete stranger).

So he won a chi sau competition with a simple move, thats great!

But youre not answering my question , why is it that the wsl guys got caned at both of those competitions. And yes, like i said before we know its not a fight its a
    skill test. I was there mate, and saw NONE of the stuff you espouse as wsl specific being applied by the wsl guys. Most of the bouts were pretty rough and ready with plenty of hard shots to the body. Pity you werent there as you would have won every trophy, especially with your deadly "street" skills.

so you do VT ?

Yes, bet you are itching to find out which lineage i train in so you can tell me what im doing wrong...

Yeah Walter Mitty, that's me. Prison....no comment.
    War stories to students? It's really dangerous telling them what works and what's BS ....real experiences can be shared.
    I sat on Lenny McLean's couch with him one Eve. At his home, he told me that if he thought a Guy was taking a 'liberty'
    he would knock him out then pull his pants/trousrs down and rip his foreskin before throwing him into a skip/dumpster, so he knew when he woke up he had been disrespectful
    I made sure as he told me to not disrespect him : )
    Hah!

All stories mate.

No I like to know if you're in VT or trolling...

I agree with your wsl chisao results. I did chisao with Clive Potter personally
    WSL HAD MANY VISITORS BUT FEW STUDENTS

dwell on that.
    Last edited by k gledhill; 05-24-2011 at 07:31 AM.

Then there was the time when me and "Mad" Frankie Fraser put on the gloves and compared notes...

Dwell on what?

So you are saying that most wsl guys can't hack it but you can?

C'mon let us into your secret? What makes you SO good and us mere mortals simply poor misguided fools that will only be able to pull off Wing Chun if we abandon what we have and train your method?

Then there was the time when me and "Mad" Frankie Fraser put on the gloves and compared notes...

Dwell on what?

So you are saying that most wsl guys can't hack it but you can?

C'mon let us into your secret? What makes you SO good and us mere mortals simply poor misguided fools that will only be able to pull off Wing Chun if we abandon what we have and train your method?
    I'm saying you're the one to decide for yourself. I introduced the alternative. I'm not forcing it down anyone's throats.
    Like I said all wsl aren't the same. I am trying to present a way of thinking
    That many aren't even aware of. Not doing it to make myself
    More superior.
    Last edited by k gledhill; 05-24-2011 at 08:45 AM.

jansingsang do you do VT ? never mind, your from Nino Bernardo I take it....

Empty cart makes the most noise GROW UP Kevin for a big Crusty ole man your very child like
    Last edited by Jansingsang; 05-24-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jansingsang View Post
    Empty cart makes the most noise GROW UP Kevin for a big Crusty ole man your very child like
    Right. I'm now an empty cart being driven by
    Walter Mitty. Hah!
    So wise of you ; )
    Can't say I haven't tried ...I led the horse to water ..now it is up to
    The horse.
    Last edited by k gledhill; 05-24-2011 at 10:41 AM.

mma guys with bjj say they wont use a guard in a real fight
    They won't by choice, as Frost said. If they end up on the bottom on the ground though, at least they'll have skills to work their way out from there, unlike some.

Can't say I haven't tried ...I led the horse to water ..now it is up to
    The horse.
    The horse sniffed the water, and it smelled like Kool-aid, so he didn't drink.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!