Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
Use parking lots of chain restaraunts and major stores like Target as your economic indicators. The lots are still full and it's still a b!tch to get into a TGI Friday on Friday night. The economy isn't as bad as the media makes it out to be. New home sales are down because contractors were too aggressive. They outbuilt the market. Banks were too aggressive with mortgage loans... yes this is all true- but the fact of the matter is that people are still eating at McD's and still are buying Wii's- there's still a lot of money being spent on non-essentials. The economy isn't great- but it's still ok. Be a smart marketer and you will survive- and it's even possible to thrive because now's the time to become a market leader. You just have to remember that smart marketers advertise most in bad times.

Last week me and my family went out to eat at Rafferties here in Lexington and walked right in at 7:30 and got a table. Half the restaurant was empty. That should be peak hour for dinner. I think we're going to see a lot of places going out of business. We've already seen Ruby Tuesdays and Bennigans go bankrupt. Banks are going bankrupt. This country is in bad bad shape right now. This country is built on a deck of credit cards. Banks are lending money to people that they shouldn't be lending to.