Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WC techniques in Sparring

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    Hahaha, so you're saying you live in an area that has known murders just walking free on the streets and killing people with their bare hands on a regular basis.... rrriiiigggghhhtttt... Where do you live, Fantasy Island? Ok Tattoo..

And you really expect people to take you seriously after posting garbage like this??
    ---------------------------------------------
    I try not to read Yoshiyahu's posts but where he apparently lives- St Louis appears to have been ranked #1 in the US on crime rates in 2010. Phoenix was 135,

joy chaudhuri

AS for killers...Some of my friends from my old neighborhood were infact killers...One guy who did a bid for murder with AK-47. Also One of my deceased uncles who was ex-army officer had fights on the streets where ended people. My other uncle would talk about how he killed people with his bare hands...An i know people from North Saint Louis where my brother lives who were known as Murders.

Fantasy my city was ranked #3 in murder.

Hahaha, so you're saying you live in an area that has known murders just walking free on the streets and killing people with their bare hands on a regular basis.... rrriiiigggghhhtttt... Where do you live, Fantasy Island? Ok Tattoo..

And you really expect people to take you seriously after posting garbage like this??
    What's scary is Yoshi actually believes all the krap he's saying.
    Welcome to Yoshi's Fantasy Land and enjoy the ride....
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    AS for killers...Some of my friends from my old neighborhood were infact killers...One guy who did a bid for murder with AK-47. Also One of my deceased uncles who was ex-army officer had fights on the streets where ended people. My other uncle would talk about how he killed people with his bare hands...An i know people from North Saint Louis where my brother lives who were known as Murders.
    Hahaha, man, you're making my day! I needed a good laugh

ok, so you have friends that 'contract killers' and family members are all admitted 'bare handed murders'... Is your last name Manson?
    And I'm sure the people they 'murdered' were all MMA guys right, and that's how you know that MMA wouldn't work against them on the street? You are such an f'g idiot.
    I bet next thing you'll saying is your buddy stan has killed people too with his deadly punches...

Fantasy my city was ranked #3 in murder.
    Oh, you should be soo proud...
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 02-29-2012 at 05:12 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    ---------------------------------------------
    I try not to read Yoshiyahu's posts but where he apparently lives- St Louis appears to have been ranked #1 in the US on crime rates in 2010. Phoenix was 135,

joy chaudhuri
    So? Has nothing to do with his claims of MMA not being effective against common street thugs.
    I grew up in Detroit which has made the top ranks for so many years it's embarrasing. Doesn't mean that now, because of some ranking my home-town has, I also have the 'street cred' to claim with conviction that any street thug can beat any MMA guy toe-to-toe with no weapons involved.
    Oh wait, he did mention bottles and bricks and even AK-47's... I don't know what the he11 he's talking about...
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Ha ha...that made me laugh...my point is no one goes looking to fight more than one person. it just happens. I had one buddy who does wing chun. When were in highschool he would pick fights with people. Sometimes I might be about four or five of us. But usually he picked fights with Crips at our school. Now when the guy was talking his trash back getting ready to knuckle up. Others and myself would be standing close by but not really close enough to be noticed or seem as threat. So we could slip behind the guy and rock him.

So in a street fight its not like your gonna be in a bruce lee movie an some six sense thats gonna stop four or five guys.

as for going to ground. Well my buddy was a wrestler. he may sweep you to the ground. if you try to gain the dominate posistion to escape or what ever there you go. There were times I had to go to the ground to stop from being slamed on it by a bigger guy. So what im saying is if you going with MMA mentality it wont work. You need a street fighter anything goes and i dont care how bad i hurt the other guy mentaility...

Quote Originally Posted by Chadderz View Post
    Oh God. I don't know where to begin, I honestly think you're trolling me.

I'll answer this as seriously as I can though, 'cause I'm a nice guy:

Firstly, I am not fighting more than one person if I am alone. That would just be stupid. I'm also not going to the ground in any street fight. That would also be a very stupid thing to do.

As for fighting dirty, do you honestly think I wouldn't fight dirty in a street fight? Of course I would! I would be fishhooking and face-barring and all that cool stuff.

Now the part that annoyed me most about your post, is thinking that professional fighters (MMA Fighters, Boxers, Kickboxers, Judo players) are for some reason inferior to some guy who has never learned to fight? WHAT? What kind of logic is that?!

Seriously, go and take a month in an MMA gym, come back, and tell me they don't train good. Come back, and tell us all how you could school anybody there. Please.
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Well i know guys who are murders yes...some of them are still incarcerated. i got a cousin who has been in prison since 1998 for double murder. I got two uncles who are deceased now who were known to have been extremely violent in their younger years. Of course they were old men when they told me of all the dirt they did as young man.

I went to school with people who committed murders. One guy in one my classes was murdered by friend of mines. One minute I was hanging with one guy..a month later he was locked up for murder.

No contract killers...sorry just thugs, gangstas and criminals where im from...

Thats why I got into wing chun in high school in the first place. To fight in the street!

Second im not saying any street thug can beat a trained mma guy. Im saying a seasoned street thug who has had numerous fights...an in certain parts of STL they have boxing Gyms in the Ghettos. So alot of Quasi Thugs frequent their in youth. So they would have some boxing training...But their skill comes from testing it against others in the street!

Hahaha, man, you're making my day! I needed a good laugh

ok, so you have friends that 'contract killers' and family members are all admitted 'bare handed murders'... Is your last name Manson?
    And I'm sure the people they 'murdered' were all MMA guys right, and that's how you know that MMA wouldn't work against them on the street? You are such an f'g idiot.
    I bet next thing you'll saying is your buddy stan has killed people too with his deadly punches...

Oh, you should be soo proud...
    So? Has nothing to do with his claims of MMA not being effective against common street thugs.
    I grew up in Detroit which has made the top ranks for so many years it's embarrasing. Doesn't mean that now, because of some ranking my home-town has, I also have the 'street cred' to claim with conviction that any street thug can beat any MMA guy toe-to-toe with no weapons involved.
    Oh wait, he did mention bottles and bricks and even AK-47's... I don't know what the he11 he's talking about...

Well i know guys who are murders yes...some of them are still incarcerated. i got a cousin who has been in prison since 1998 for double murder. I got two uncles who are deceased now who were known to have been extremely violent in their younger years. Of course they were old men when they told me of all the dirt they did as young man.

I went to school with people who committed murders. One guy in one my classes was murdered by friend of mines. One minute I was hanging with one guy..a month later he was locked up for murder.

No contract killers...sorry just thugs, gangstas and criminals where im from...

Thats why I got into wing chun in high school in the first place. To fight in the street!

Second im not saying any street thug can beat a trained mma guy. Im saying a seasoned street thug who has had numerous fights...an in certain parts of STL they have boxing Gyms in the Ghettos. So alot of Quasi Thugs frequent their in youth. So they would have some boxing training...But their skill comes from testing it against others in the street!
    Do you have to put !!!!!!!!! on the end of every sentence?

Actually, that is kinda what you were saying. But hey, should be very easy to prove your theory then. Go into one of the good MMA gyms in your area and prove how your street skillz compare to what they are doing.. Dont' even need to record it for us, just tell us how it went. Just try to refraim from murdering everybody

Actually, that is kinda what you were saying. But hey, should be very easy to prove your theory then. Go into one of the good MMA gyms in your area and prove how your street skillz compare to what they are doing.. Dont' even need to record it for us, just tell us how it went. Just try to refraim from murdering everybody
    think what yoshi is getting at is that fighting in a cage is a whole different ballgame then fighting someone you know will kill you if you loose. its not a matter of if you have the right technics or not.

Yes i do...i like to be over dramatic...

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Do you have to put !!!!!!!!! on the end of every sentence?
    I personally dont have street skillz. Thats why I always wanted to learn Gung Fu. So I could fight. I learn martial arts because i was not very street wise and adept to hood instinct. I know some guys who are all hood an very good fighters.

Lol...i dont murder people my friend. I never been in a gang nor have ever been a thug...I know people who have some of which are still in prison today!!!

Ne way...im waiting on you to come to my city so i can see how i fare against you!

Yes i do...i like to be over dramatic...

I personally dont have street skillz. Thats why I always wanted to learn Gung Fu. So I could fight. I learn martial arts because i was not very street wise and adept to hood instinct. I know some guys who are all hood an very good fighters.

Lol...i dont murder people my friend. I never been in a gang nor have ever been a thug...I know people who have some of which are still in prison today!!!

Ne way...im waiting on you to come to my city so i can see how i fare against you!
    I'd take that bet.

Quote Originally Posted by jesper View Post
    think what yoshi is getting at is that fighting in a cage is a whole different ballgame then fighting someone you know will kill you if you loose. its not a matter of if you have the right technics or not.
    yes, he is. thanks for pointing it out, jesper.

haha using your ghetto card again Yoshi?..sigh.. ok lets try it again. Just because you are raised in a low income community doesnt make you tough or a good fighter. You yourself admit that you took martial arts so you can obtain said skill. Just because you may know some people who are jail and others who are "bare handed murderers" doesnt make you a bad man by association.

Chadderz has a point. Do you think you are a better fighter now with the "martial arts knowledge" that you have obtained? If yes then how can you say someone who is untrained but "seasoned" can handle a person who has been training and sparring for years and has been "seasoned" in competition. Do you really think thugs are the only people who know the "ultra secret street fighting techniques" of hair pulling, nut kicking, biting and eye poking? I believe the term is self preservation and you would be amazed at what people are willing to do to go back home to their family.

The type of violence you allude to with all the bricks, bottles, rolling 10 deep and being strapped is pretty stupid to mention in a martial arts forum. Name me one martial arts you think that can handle the situations that you describe? Let me guess, if someone squeezes an AK at you, you would angle out then taan da the bullet? from the outside gate of course.

How can you talk about knowing all these bad men and doing all this dirt then post a clip of people with little to no skill wrasslin? they were using headlocks just to hold on FFS

Anyways Yoshi, for a bad man from the hood you sure do post alot. Shouldnt you be huggin the block flipping birds or something? I'm just sayin.

yoshi, take one of the yellow pills and lie down mate. I'm not in the same camp as some who seem to think MMA is the be all an end all or that wing chun should look like kick boxing, but to slate styles that train under real pressure and that contain some seriously hard dudes is laughable. As a reality check your drug dealing psycho would almost certainly carry a gun and only baddies in films beat people to death with their bare hands on a regular basis, but if this bad boy was really walking around then lets be honest he'd be too much for most people of any style to handle including WC
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    yoshi, take one of the yellow pills and lie down mate. I'm not in the same camp as some who seem to think MMA is the be all an end all or that wing chun should look like kick boxing, but to slate styles that train under real pressure and that contain some seriously hard dudes is laughable. As a reality check your drug dealing psycho would almost certainly carry a gun and only baddies in films beat people to death with their bare hands on a regular basis, but if this bad boy was really walking around then lets be honest he'd be too much for most people of any style to handle including WC
    To be fair man, it's not the be-all end-all. Yoshi brought it up first. I train in BJJ, Silat, JKD and Muay Thai. Silat is hardly a regular part of MMA