Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Develop FaJin in Wing Chun

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

Any "internal" guy who has courage to

- put up a personal clip, also
    - work on striking target,

that person deserves a lot of credit.

If you think that you can do better, please put up your personal clip.
    Who says he is "internal", you can see what you want, does not mean anything to me.

If you think he is "internal" , but then you say their is no internal, make up your mind.

Anyone can hit a post, does not mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    chi is energy and jing is power...glad to see u up and conversating...

!
    chi is what type of energy? What is chi got to do with jing?

Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

Any "internal" guy who has courage to

- put up a personal clip, also
    - work on striking target,

that person deserves a lot of credit.

If you think that you can do better, please put up your personal clip.
    John,

What do you see in the clip?
    Any indication of his art and power?

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Who says he is "internal", you can see what you want, does not mean anything to me.

If you think he is "internal" , but then you say their is no internal, make up your mind.

Anyone can hit a post, does not mean anything.
    What do you see that he is internal or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    What do you see that he is internal or not?
    Not, just looks like he is using half body structure and to much arm strike.

That's the 1st clip I have seen that a Taiji guy is not striking into the thin air. Thanks for sharing.
    I saw a video about four years ago...a guy in china who did tai chi was doing something similiar. But his striking was more indepth. He didnt strike the tree with his fist...but he used palm strikes. He used elbow stroke and shoulder stroke. an he done kicks on the tree. An he use techniques you can clearly see how they adapt from the form.

Ne way...Tai Chi today is greatly watered down...

Most people are all on the Yin and have no Yang....Tai Chi Chaun means ultimate fist. Just punching in the air wont give you Jing or enough Chi to not break your wrist when you hit someone with any amount of weight...

For every technique in Tai chi that involves power...believe me there is training tool that is used..Im sorry i cant find a video that encompasses all the training tools...Each Tai chi family is different. Some have the same stuff. An some have different things they utilize...

The common things I know about is Generating force into the tree. Splashing Palms on basin of water. Rolling a Heavy Ball from 20lbs to 80lbs.

There are more things...But realistically its just simply Shaolin Kung Training and hard and soft Qigong!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Not, just looks like he is using half body structure and to much arm strike.
    Good observation. Thanks?

joking about what...you disagree? i would love to see a clip of you or someone else doing Tai Chi and actually fighting with it against a live resistanting opponent?
    That match was soooo rigged, even the blind could see.

There are plenty of clips of me doing/explaining Tai Chi. Out dated and I have moved on, but I kept some for old times' sake.

Yoshi, you speak like you know a lot of Wing Chun and Tai Chi. Can you point me towards some of your clips on the net?
    Last edited by imperialtaichi; 12-24-2011 at 09:11 AM.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Most people are all on the Yin and have no Yang....Tai Chi Chaun means ultimate fist. Just punching in the air wont give you Jing or enough Chi to not break your wrist when you hit someone with any amount of weight...
    If you want to look at some soft and powerful strikes look up Russian Systema. Their strikes are way more impressive. A good Tai Chi strike should look more like that than than the clip you linked.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Blog Entries
    John,

What do you see in the clip?
    Any indication of his art and power?
    Please watch at 1.20 "brush knee". He tries to coordinate his

- shoulders with hip,
    - elbows with knees,
    - hands with feet.

We may not be able to see the "3 internal harmonies" but we can at least see the "3 external harmonies".

The "外三合(Wai San He) - 3 external harmonies" is always the 1st thing that I'll look for. If his

- hands can coordinate with his feet, he is good in beginner leve.
    - elbow can coordinate with his knees, he is good in intermediate level.
    - shoulders can coordinate with his hip, he is good in advance level.

Whether he can generate maximum power or not, at least he is on the correct training path.

He tries to generate power from

- bottom and up,
    - back to front.

That's the correct way to generate "expending Jin" and "twisting Jin". Whether you want to call it "internal" or not will be your choice.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 12-24-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Please watch at 1.20 "brush knee". He tries to coordinate his

- shoulders with hip,
    - elbows with knees,
    - hands with feet.

We may not be able to see the "3 internal harmonies" but we can at least see the "3 external harmonies".

The "外三合(Wai San He) - 3 external harmonies" is always the 1st thing that I'll look for. If his

- hands can coordinate with his feet, he is good in beginner leve.
    - elbow can coordinate with his knees, he is good in intermediate level.
    - shoulders can coordinate with his hip, he is good in advance level.

Whether he can generate maximum power or not, at least he is on the correct training path.

He tries to generate power from

- bottom and up,
    - back to front.

That's the correct way to generate "expending Jin" and "twisting Jin". Whether you want to call it "internal" or not will be your choice.
    I agree with you on the coordination. From his website, it seems that he is related to Chen man Ching. He is trying his best that is for sure. What is your opinion on his lack? Care to share?

Blog Entries
    What is your opinion on his lack? Care to share?
    We all have some room to improve ourselves. I would like to encourage other's work instead of discourage it.

When you strike on an object, the counter force will come back to you. Depending on your body structure, if you can't take all the counter force, you may not want to generate 100% of your force. Sometime is not that you can't generate 100% power. It's your body can't take 100% counter force.

I love to kick on tree. From my experience, the harder that I kick, the more shock that the tree will give back to me. Most of the time I can only kick 70% of my power. if I kick into the thin air, I won't have that concern.

This guy's striking target is a solid wood. I'm sure he can punch much harder if it's just a heavy bag instead.

We all have some room to improve ourselves. I would like to encourage other's work instead of discourage it.

When you strike on an object, the counter force will come back to you. Depending on your body structure, if you can't take all the counter force, you may not want to generate 100% of your force. Sometime is not that you can't generate 100% power. It's your body can't take 100% counter force.

I love to kick on tree. From my experience, the harder that I kick, the more shock that the tree will give back to me. Most of the time I can only kick 70% of my power. if I kick into the thin air, I won't have that concern.

This guy's striking target is a solid wood. I'm sure he can punch much harder if it's just a heavy bag instead.

Great view.

I agree there is counter force, how to minimize the return is another part of the game. So, fajin is different then pure sticking.

I think those 3 harmonies of the outside have to be their before any inside harmonies can even begin to happen.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jox View Post
    What do you mean with 3 internal harmonies?

Jox,
    It's a bit abstract.

- mind (Xin) harmonises with intention (Yi).
    - intention (Yi) harmonies with breath (Qi).
    - breath (Qi) harmonies with strength (Li).
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 12-24-2011 at 08:19 PM.