Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT :meet your meat

Quote Originally Posted by FuXnDajenariht View Post
    i think shock was exactly the point and unavoidable due to its very nature. what makes it stupid to bring awareness to animal cruelty on that kind of level?

as much as the radical PETA devotees, and the animals before humans mentality some of them extol annoys me im seriously reconsidering my dietary choices. theres enough human suffering going on to be concerned about, but i can't help judging that as one of the most disturbing things i ever saw on the web.....

first of all the film IS propaganda and is highly selective in what it shows and does not represent the state of production in the meat production industry.

all Im saying is that if you want to be a vegetarian that's fine, but don't just expect everyone to jump aboard with that because some blood is spilled on film.

seriously, when has that ever changed anything? I mean at a level of war, we have all seen pictures of kids with half a head or their arms blown off or what have you and we still get behind wars, so don't expect any changes to occur in the way we eat chickens like they're going out of style.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    That is why I hunt. Venison is high protien,contains no chemicals,steroids,growth hormones, and is lowest in fat because the animal runs wild and free, rather than penned up and force-fed. The meat quality is better,and safer.
    Where can I hunt chickens?

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Safeways? They're a bit slow...

That Alec Baldwin is one sick puppy, torturing all those animals to make his video. I only watch his movies to be kind to hams and turkeys.

I couldn't watch all of that video... Youtube is ****ed on Firefox.

But good luck with this one Fred, sincerely. To all of you who reckon that's not standard, I reckon it pretty much is. The US is worse than the UK in most respects in this industry (ironically given the UK's record with BSE, salmonella etc, our standards are stricter... but then who understands disease vectors enough to categorically state that BSE hadn't been incubating in US stock for ages anyway before it came out in the UK?) and at uni and working on a farm I've visited enough meat farms to be able to say that although the standards are marginally better than those shown, the margin isn't usually that big.

It's up to you. Apart from the cruelty, which is a personal decision and fair enough... what makes my mind boggle is that people would willingly eat sick, diseased animals, plus the dope factors. Don't eat sh!t would seem like a simple enough bottom line. Lions don't ( )

Good luck Fred, I'm out of here while the getting's good...

- No meat for 21 years (though unfortunately do do dairy/eggs now and do try to source them)
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

You think that's the standard for abattoirs?

it's not. Those are selective choices in that film.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    at uni and working on a farm I've visited enough meat farms to be able to say that although the standards are marginally better than those shown, the margin isn't usually that big.
    I haven't said that that is the standard.

How many abattoirs/meat farms have you been to David?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    That is why I hunt. Venison is high protien,contains no chemicals,steroids,growth hormones, and is lowest in fat because the animal runs wild and free, rather than penned up and force-fed. The meat quality is better,and safer.
    just for the record if i hunted something i'd eat it

i mean come on i'm not wasteful

hell even if i did eat meat i still wouldnt eat half of the stuff in the supermarket
    its full of ****
    simple
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Thumbs up

Safeways? They're a bit slow...

That Alec Baldwin is one sick puppy, torturing all those animals to make his video. I only watch his movies to be kind to hams and turkeys.

I couldn't watch all of that video... Youtube is ****ed on Firefox.

But good luck with this one Fred, sincerely. To all of you who reckon that's not standard, I reckon it pretty much is. The US is worse than the UK in most respects in this industry (ironically given the UK's record with BSE, salmonella etc, our standards are stricter... but then who understands disease vectors enough to categorically state that BSE hadn't been incubating in US stock for ages anyway before it came out in the UK?) and at uni and working on a farm I've visited enough meat farms to be able to say that although the standards are marginally better than those shown, the margin isn't usually that big.

It's up to you. Apart from the cruelty, which is a personal decision and fair enough... what makes my mind boggle is that people would willingly eat sick, diseased animals, plus the dope factors. Don't eat sh!t would seem like a simple enough bottom line. Lions don't ( )

Good luck Fred, I'm out of here while the getting's good...

- No meat for 21 years (though unfortunately do do dairy/eggs now and do try to source them)

nice to see someone who cares
    i havnt eaten mammals for close on a year and i recently stepped it up to not eating meat at all
    kind of a gradual thing

(y)

I haven't said that that is the standard.

How many abattoirs/meat farms have you been to David?
    you mean besides the one i worked in?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    some of my friends are training to be vetinarians and have done work experience on farms and such
    and they attest to alot of what is shown being the truth

maybe ur place was a "nice" abbatoir

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Er, yep, besides that one'd be a good start. 1 does not a good sample population make. Hence the question, 'How many...?'

Folks should also check out the movie called "Earthlings", narrated by Joaqin Phoenix. It not only covers the meat/food industry, but also other areas of human/animal interaction.

I will personally never kill another being as long as I can avoid it. Maybe I am just sensitive...but after being the one pulling the trigger, and seeing and hearing the pain that I caused, I will never do it again. All animals have intelligence, and can experience pain and suffering. I do not wish to have anything to do with an industry that causes so much suffering, or encourage the practice of killing by accepting the meat of the slain.

It is possible to get all the protein you need from a variety of vegetable sources. And modern food technology has even made it possible to have the "comfort" of feeling like you're eating meat when you're not. Killing animals just isn't necessary, nor is it environmentally sound. That's how I see it.

Just because our ancestors had to kill to survive does not mean we need to...it's called evolution. Ascension. We are unique among animals, and that gives us more responsibility.

I know everyone will do what they want. Ultimately, this world is completely illusionary and transitory. But interacting with it, my vow is to help release beings from suffering.
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow, you cannot pass!"

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    Folks should also check out the movie called "Earthlings", narrated by Joaqin Phoenix. It not only covers the meat/food industry, but also other areas of human/animal interaction.

I will personally never kill another being as long as I can avoid it. Maybe I am just sensitive...but after being the one pulling the trigger, and seeing and hearing the pain that I caused, I will never do it again. All animals have intelligence, and can experience pain and suffering. I do not wish to have anything to do with an industry that causes so much suffering, or encourage the practice of killing by accepting the meat of the slain.

It is possible to get all the protein you need from a variety of vegetable sources. And modern food technology has even made it possible to have the "comfort" of feeling like you're eating meat when you're not. Killing animals just isn't necessary, nor is it environmentally sound. That's how I see it.

Just because our ancestors had to kill to survive does not mean we need to...it's called evolution. Ascension. We are unique among animals, and that gives us more responsibility.

I know everyone will do what they want. Ultimately, this world is completely illusionary and transitory. But interacting with it, my vow is to help release beings from suffering.

u have shot someone ?

and yeah

i'm with this guy on this

Not a human...a poor little racoon that was getting into our barn and eating the chicken feed. I have also participated in the killing of chickens and turkeys, though didn't swing the axe myself (I grew up on a farm, if you haven't guessed yet). And countless fish, hooked and gutted...I have done too much killing in this lifetime already. It's all a part of the process of bringing us where we each need to be. I can only thank the beings who have interacted with me in this process, giving me the opportunity to learn and grow.

I do not judge anyone who still participates in this process...everyone is where they are, along their path. But I think the awareness created from films like these are still important, as you never know when it will trigger a reaction for someone. Ignorance and apathy are not the same as detachment.
    "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow, you cannot pass!"

Ive seen... "Earthlings". Very interesting and thought provoking

It will change your mindset towards this issue.

Hasnt really turned me into a vegie eater, but i def go the 'Free Range' section at the local supermarket !

As long as there are slaughter houses, there will be battle fields.
    Mull it over

DREW
    Last edited by Liddel; 09-01-2007 at 11:55 PM.
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

Er, yep, besides that one'd be a good start. 1 does not a good sample population make. Hence the question, 'How many...?'
    well, I worked in an abattoir for about half a year, but before that would move retired dairy cattle to a few different companies depending on who could take the animals. In each case, the kill houses were more or less the same. besides, how do you humanely kill anything that doesn't want to die in the first place? Cats and Dogs are exterminated in huge numbers annually by so called "humane" societies. I don't see too many people up in arms about that. anyway...

now and then dairy cows get worn out and can't produce anymore and these are sent to be processed into food for you and me. tasty Bar-b-q food that is.

all im saying is I can respect vegetarians if that's what they wanna be, but I would also ask that it be recognized that we are omnivorous and for more time we have been eating animals than being totally agrarian.

consider the damage that large scale production of agrarian products does as well. Think of all the slash and burn and forest destruction that has to occur for those wheat fields to exist and so on.

In the eternal struggle that is the cycle of life, eating of other animals is natural, our mouths and our teeth are specially designed to eat almost anything that is edible including other animals.

making it a moral issue is completely of mind and has nothing to do with survival.

I would also add that in the worst circumstances, all human will revert to being an omnivore as opposed to starving. so vegetarianism is a luxury of advanced society.
    Kung Fu is good for you.