Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't mess with Texas

Don't mess with Texas

"AUSTIN, Texas – Pistol-packing Texas Gov. Rick Perry has a message for wily coyotes out there: Don't mess with my dog.

Perry told The Associated Press on Tuesday he needed just one shot from the laser-sighted pistol he sometimes carries while jogging to take down a coyote that menaced his puppy during a February run near Austin.

Perry said he will carry his .380 Ruger — loaded with hollow-point bullets — when jogging on trails because he is afraid of snakes. He'd also seen coyotes in the undeveloped area.

When one came out of the brush toward his daughter's Labrador retriever, Perry charged.

"Don't attack my dog or you might get shot ... if you're a coyote," he said Tuesday.

Perry, a Republican running for a third full term against Democrat Bill White, is living in a private house in a hilly area southwest of downtown Austin while the Governor's Mansion is being repaired after a 2008 fire. A concealed handgun permit holder, Perry carries the pistol in a belt.

"I knew there were a lot of predators out there. You'll hear a pack of coyotes. People are losing small cats and dogs all the time out there in that community," Perry said.

"They're very wily creatures."

On this particular morning, Perry said, he was jogging without his security detail shortly after sunrise.

"I'm enjoying the run when something catches my eye and it's this coyote. I know he knows I'm there. He never looks at me, he is laser-locked on that dog," Perry said.

"I holler and the coyote stopped. I holler again. By this time I had taken my weapon out and charged it. It is now staring dead at me. Either me or the dog are in imminent danger. I did the appropriate thing and sent it to where coyotes go," he said.

Perry said the laser-pointer helped make a quick, clean kill.

"It was not in a lot of pain," he said. "It pretty much went down at that particular juncture."

Texas state law allows people to shoot coyotes that are threatening livestock or domestic animals. The dog was unharmed, Perry said.

Perry's security detail was not required to file a report about the governor discharging a weapon, said Department of Public Safety spokeswoman Tela Mange.

"People shoot coyotes all the time, snakes all the time," Mange said. "We don't write reports."

The governor left the coyote where it fell.

"He became mulch," Perry said."

Source:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100427/..._shoots_coyote
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

what a weird little world...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Why did he even bring this up? Also, It says the incident happened in Feb, why is this even National news?

This has to be the most pointless thing I've read in a long time. I understand people defending their pets (even though I'm sure he could have chased it off instead) , but the way he's bragging it sounds like a little kid thinking he's Billy the Kid because he fired a gun.

And please don't tell me that he's trying to sound like a bada$$. It's not like he took down a charging bear with a Bowie Knife. He took down a F-ing Coyote with a laser-sighted Semi-Auto with hollow-tips (which by his own admission froze when he yelled at it).

It's election time.

Besides, when I go to my boss's ranch, I carry a snake charmer. Rattlers abound.

One's gots to have guns to live in Texas, unless you're one of them there long hairs that live in Austin... then it's usually a bong and a Democrat voting card or who knows, maybe they're commies.

Texas talking about writing an Arizona type immigration law!! outstanding. Utah will be voting on one this week, Ohio is on board. This is moving across the country! good news for the law abiding.

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    Texas talking about writing an Arizona type immigration law!! outstanding. Utah will be voting on one this week, Ohio is on board. This is moving across the country! good news for the law abiding.
    Good news for the law abiding, bad news for the Democrats.

Notice the hypocracy from the Obama regime. When the State of California chose to decriminalize and tax marijuana, which is against Federal law, the regime said they would not have a problem with that. But when Arizona chose to enact a law the regime does not like, they are threatening to try and stop Arizona from enforcing the law they chose to pass.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Texas is due another democratic governor.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    Texas is due another democratic governor.
    Why would we want to follow California, New York, or Michigan into bankruptcy?

I'm willing to bet a gunshot in the air or ground would have run it off.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Texas should secede and get lost already.

Sick of the macho BS posturing around 10 gallon hats, bar-b-ques and handguns to shoot animals with laser sights.

yee haw!

lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Texas should secede and get lost already.

Sick of the macho BS posturing around 10 gallon hats, bar-b-ques and handguns to shoot animals with laser sights.

yee haw!

lol
    Step away from your TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Not in the near urban environment.

Quote Originally Posted by kfson View Post
    Step away from your TV.
    tv? I'm talking about these forums! lol not to mention the pervasive cultural paradigm that is emitted by Texans themselves.
    seems every time a texan gets to talk to the world, they talk about Texas, guns, b-b-q, oil and cowboys.

hence the perception of texas.

Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    tv? I'm talking about these forums! lol not to mention the pervasive cultural paradigm that is emitted by Texans themselves.
    seems every time a texan gets to talk to the world, they talk about Texas, guns, b-b-q, oil and cowboys.

hence the perception of texas.

I missing it, I guess.

My Canadian friends down here seem to really like Texas, go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    It would have. Then it would have returned. When coyotes find a source of food, they don't leave the area. The article mentioned that area pets had been being killed by coyotes.