Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing and Wing Chun

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    No, not the whole pad set a lot of that stuff is my own, I just stuck with some of his concepts...

Here my boy Roger, with Jr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wFfDvU63lY

Ali Rahim.
    Like I asked before, what are they suppose to be drilling in that clip ??
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6_ay3LOs1Q

Another kind of pad work, and this was filmed in your "backyard".
    You are exactly right, even on the second Tyson one you put up. But we never mentioned anything about the 'Tyson' style of boxing. We were just giving evidence of the training methods that Sifu Ali uses. They are sound. AND they are being used buy someone who has been knocking people out professionally. This knowledge came from somewhere and its real.

AND Im still waiting to see other Chunners and Boxers and discuss them. Especially since there is another thread that most of you here posted on the same subject anyway. I recall plenty of 'I have a professional boxer that trains here in WC' and 'I have 2 years in boxing' and all this.....BUT

...there are only our clips in this thread.

~Cg~
    我听见,我忘记;我看见,我记住;我做,我了解。
    I hear, I forget; I see, I remember; I do, I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Graychuan View Post
    You are exactly right, even on the second Tyson one you put up. But we never mentioned anything about the 'Tyson' style of boxing. We were just giving evidence of the training methods that Sifu Ali uses. They are sound. AND they are being used but someone who has been knocking people out professionally. This knowledge came from somewhere and its real.

AND Im still waiting to see other Chunners and Boxers and discuss them. Especially since there is another thread that most of you here posted on the same subject anyway. I recall plenty of 'I have a professional boxer that trains here in WC' and 'I have 2 years in boxing' and all this.....BUT

...there are only our clips in this thread.

~Cg~
    Its not "tyson style" pad work, but I get what you are saying.
    I don't think its a good idea to use "advanced" pad work like Floyd does for show, when training someone in the basics.
    But, to each their own.

I would like it explained as to WHY you are doing pad work that way.

Now we are talking!

Its not "tyson style" pad work, but I get what you are saying.
    I don't think its a good idea to use "advanced" pad work like Floyd does for show, when training someone in the basics.
    But, to each their own.

I would like it explained as to WHY you are doing pad work that way.

Its to develope a multi-demensional boxer.

Priorities are..
    1. Not get hit and be able to return hits.
    2. Get hit but return at least 3 for every one.
    3. Create openings (when you make a guy miss it gives opportunity for return shots. Multiple return shots to body and/or head.)and be able to take advantage of body shots as well as head shots. When counting punches landed vs punches thrown, the body shots count as well.

Its one helluva workout too.
    Last edited by Graychuan; 12-27-2007 at 01:21 PM.
    我听见,我忘记;我看见,我记住;我做,我了解。

Priorities are..
    3. Create openings (when you make a guy miss it gives opportunity for return shots. Multiple return shots to body and/or head.)and be able to take advantage of body shots as well as head shots. When counting punches landed vs punches thrown, the body shots count as well.

Big Gray is also a boxing trainer, he helps me with a lot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbh1yCx7rfE

Here my boy Roger, with Jr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wFfDvU63lY

Thanks main.

Ali Rahim.

Smile Thanks Guys

I just had over 2500 hit on my website within this afternoon, thanks guys for your interest…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbh1yCx7rfE

Ali Rahim.

Bwuhahaha, thanks Vic, I'd forgotten about the Gecko-Roman.

And does Mayweather have a website or somewhere we can get his manager and ask him to confirm his business relationship with this chump? Cos Ali here keeps calling Floyd 'my boy' which is frankly kind of delusional, not to mention probably against some trading laws if he is actually claiming some patronage.

Tell you what Ali, why don't you get a vid of you and 'your boy' - then maybe we'll believe you?! Like I mean physically together, not just in the same post! And while you're at it, maybe a vid of Roger Mayweather endorsing your ****-poor boxing program? (Yeah, I know I've changed my tune... but after the vids you've shown, I think that slap happy pad drill is all you got to give those boys, so like I said, when they get their poor little heads knocked off maybe somebody'll recognise the talent you've been spoiling and offer them some real coaching...!)

Why are your chun people bouncing up and down (talk about telegraphing... watch those shoulders kids!) and your boxing kids are totally flatfooted? Why do your 'boxers' have a narrow, half-front-facing stance, almost like, say a (crap) chun stance? And why are they not sitting on their punches?

And whassatchasay? Your boy Graychuan's a boxing coach too? Well everyone's gotta have a talent, so I hope it's not this...... funny how that way of movement looks like your knife techs too.

Man, you're too funny. You're so funny we don't need to take the **** outta you, you just give it away.

Now, everybody, somebody save this thread.

I'm still laughing
    Last edited by Sihing73; 12-28-2007 at 11:44 AM.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Priorities are..

I don't see any of that being developed by that type of pad work, you get that from sparring, not having someone tap your shoulder and gloves.
    But to each their own, good luck.

I don't see any of that being developed by that type of pad work, you get that from sparring, not having someone tap your shoulder and gloves.
    But to each their own, good luck.
    Maybe not in that type.. But I think pad work can be a fantastic way to develop/hone good boxing attributes/mechanics/tactics.. Great coaches seem to agree and have the skill to bring that out using the pads...
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

Quote Originally Posted by YungChun View Post
    Maybe not in that type.. But I think pad work can be a fantastic way to develop/hone good boxing attributes/mechanics/tactics.. Great coaches seem to agree and have the skill to bring that out using the pads...
    Very much so, as you can see for the clips I put up of Tyson, id done correctly, pad work is one of the best tools for developing speed, footwork, evasive action and "broken" rythm.

Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F

Im your Huckleberry.

Its already been saved once because your 'pals' on here were looking out for you. Or did you not get to see my answer to your little spineless challenge before they deleted it, Mr Punch? I find it interesting that ANSWSERS to immature challenges get deleted but the actual insults and challenges get to stay.
    I guess thats what happens when you have the 'complexion for protection' of which I dont. And neither does SIFU Ali.
    And, Sifu Ali, maybe we should take their word for it...we have been teaching them way too much on this forum and thats probably why they havent banned us yet... still too much to learn from us. Maybe we could send them a Rocky or Tarzan Movie to them for a New Years present so they can live out that fantasy somewhere else instead of destroying what should be a courteous and informative forum. I keep asking for proof of their boxing or WC skills but I forgot, they have a brand new video of ours to study up on first.

But for what it is worth, I am through with this thread, through with fake a** wannabe martial artists making empty challenges that will never come to fruit, through with listening to all of you morons(yes all of you) *******ize what is otherwise a noble and effective art by trying to add a bunch of bull from other arts just because after 10,20, 30 years of practice you (all of you) still have no real skills. How can you understand why you are adding if you don't even understand what you are adding it too?
    Oh, Victor, Dale...instead of looking for typos in my post you could spend that time better by burrying those McWing Chun skills that noone has seen back into the 'Cracker' Jack Box where you got them from.
    My advice to you all...keep studying those Tube videos. I see you are all well on your way as the video had 200 hits in less than a day. Bet you guys are learning a lot arent you? Your welcome.

P.S. Lets see If this post lasts longer than the 15 minutes my other one did before it was deleted.

~Cg~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYAH23XWYGI
    Last edited by Sihing73; 12-28-2007 at 11:46 AM.
    我听见,我忘记;我看见,我记住;我做,我了解。

I guess thats what happens when you have the 'complexion for protection' of which I dont. And neither does SIFU Ali.
    Ah yes it must be a racial issue... ?!?!?! LOL

Everyone is just jealous of those incredible skills--you gotta forgive us..
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F

Hey Guys,

Quote Originally Posted by YungChun View Post
    If you liked that clip and his explanation, then here's some more:

http://www.rivalboxing.com/e/trainingtips-e.html

J
    Yo mama is so fat, she has jeans made by Jeep

Oh ya, well Yo mama is so fat, she has a blackbelt at McDonald's

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bussey View Post