Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun Stance

Wing Chun Stance

For those that posted or made a thread earlier about the wing chun stance, I cant find the thread because the second page was cut in half…

But here’s my input, and I hope all is find, because last time I had a student posted it and he was kick off this forum…

You can search the files he was never out of line but was only under attack because of this article.

http://www.detroitwingchun.com/kenart1.htm

I hope it works this time with out a serious fight…

Take care,

Ali Rahim.

To be frank (and when aren't I?), I think you've just severely over-complicated and over-analyzed -- to the point of absurdity -- what is essentially a very simple thing. People don't learn how to use their bodies by reference to vectors, triangles, etc. They learn to use their bodies through performing tasks that require them to use their bodies.

Man, you’re 100% right on the mark.

Everything I said in that article simply were things that I’ve heard, studied and leant from many different masters from different lineages over the years, I only used math to prove their point…

You’re 100% correct; for the common mind, but the scholar always searches from things far outside of just the physical realm, perhaps more understanding outside of the mistakes, pain, and with conflicting and confused answers that the body may bring.

Some people just learn differently then others, and I’m only here to help the others who just want I different point of view.

Take care,

Ali Rahim.

Man, you’re 100% right on the mark.

Everything I said in that article simply were things that I’ve heard, studied and leant from many different masters from different lineages over the years, I only used math to prove their point…

You’re 100% correct; for the common mind, but the scholar always searches from things far outside of just the physical realm, perhaps more understanding outside of the mistakes, pain, and with conflicting and confused answers that the body may bring.

Some people just learn differently then others, and I’m only here to help the others who just want a different point of view.

Take care,

Ali Rahim.

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    To be frank (and when aren't I?), I think you've just severely over-complicated and over-analyzed -- to the point of absurdity -- what is essentially a very simple thing. People don't learn how to use their bodies by reference to vectors, triangles, etc. They learn to use their bodies through performing tasks that require them to use their bodies.

Your view is too generized.

There are certain details which is needed on the Vectors analysis for communication purpose.

and

To learn to use bodies, depend on what is the tasks often needs prerequisite training/conditioning which involve details process steps and explain via vectors analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Your view is too generized.

There are certain details which is needed on the Vectors analysis for communication purpose.

and

To learn to use bodies, depend on what is the tasks often needs prerequisite training/conditioning which involve details process steps and explain via vectors analysis.
    Funny, then, how our WCK ancestor's -- you know, the guys on the Red Boats who were illiterate actors (the lowest of the low, on the same rung as prostitutes) -- were able to develop and teach WCK. Or do you think they knew about vector analysis?

Funny, then, how our WCK ancestor's -- you know, the guys on the Red Boats who were illiterate actors (the lowest of the low, on the same rung as prostitutes) -- were able to develop and teach WCK. Or do you think they knew about vector analysis?

1, are they all irriterate?

Not true at all.

a,
    Opera is an educational role in ancient China, That is the communication channel.
    Opera deal with describing the history or stories of Chinese, thus the producer..the actors who needs to memorized scripts....etc cannot be irriterate.

b, as we know the uprising of the red boat opera actors is a full uprising which intended to set up their own kingdom. and we know the history characters of these group/team of people are elite not some irriterate.

2, Vector Analysis is the term I use to describe what the ancestors mean.

3, SLT is develop by those who related to the Emei goldern peak temple, and as everyone knows Buddhist Monks are one of the high educated group in ancient China.

1, are they all irriterate?

Not true at all.

a,
    Opera is an educational role in ancient China, That is the communication channel.
    Opera deal with describing the history or stories of Chinese, thus the producer..the actors who needs to memorized scripts....etc cannot be irriterate.

b, as we know the uprising of the red boat opera actors is a full uprising which intended to set up their own kingdom. and we know the history characters of these group/team of people are elite not some irriterate.

2, Vector Analysis is the term I use to describe what the ancestors mean.

3, SLT is develop by those who related to the Emei goldern peak temple, and as everyone knows Buddhist Monks are one of the high educated group in ancient China.
    The actors in the Opera were illiterate as were most of the buddhist monks (even the 6th Partriach couldn't read). Stop trying to rewrite history and redefining terms to support your view. The chinese didn't have vector analysis; it was developed in the very late 1800s and early 1900s in the West. It wasn't adopted into China until much later. And certainly neither our ancestors nor the monks would have learned it.

Is there any teaching about keeping the knees over the feet?

The actors in the Opera were illiterate as were most of the buddhist monks (even the 6th Partriach couldn't read).

Stop trying to rewrite history and redefining terms to support your view.

The chinese didn't have vector analysis; it was developed in the very late 1800s and early 1900s in the West. It wasn't adopted into China until much later.

And certainly neither our ancestors nor the monks would have learned it.

1, do your homework on Chinese history and facts before jumping the gun.

For the truth of the Buddhist monks, IE the sutra translation from Sanskrit to chinese is one of the greatest translation in the civilization of human.

The six partriach couldnt read is his own issue, it got nothing to do with the Chinese Buddhism system and educational training which have thousands of years of literature and well educated system.

2, I myself use Vector Analysis to explain the nature phenomenon of what the Ancient Chinese refer to. Vector Analysis is a tool for communication. where the nature phenomenon of what the Ancient chinese refer to is independent of any kind of communication tools.

Tomorrow, I might even using Brain wave frequency to explain the Samadhi states. The Buddha doesnt have to know about Brain Wave frequency at all because it is the entering of the samadhi states is the bottom line.

Your interest seems to be off the traget of discussing what is it, but argue for arguement shake. That I would have no interest in.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 12-29-2009 at 11:49 AM.

1, do your homework on Chinese history and facts before jumping the gun.
    Since you are the one misrepresenting chinese history, maybe you should take your own advice.

For the truth of the Buddhist monks, IE the sutra translation from Sanskrit to chinese is one of the greatest translation in the civilization of human.
    So? Even if this is true (and for the sake of argument, let's say it is), that has nothing to do with whether the chinese monks were for the most part literate. The fact remains they were not. Buddhist monks were not for the most part educated or literate.

The six partriach couldnt read is his own issue, it got nothing to do with the Chinese Buddhism system and educational training which have thousands of years of literature and well educated system.
    It shows that even the leaders in buddhism were illiterate. And as far the the chinese educational system goes, by today's standards it is universally recognized as extremely poor.

2, I myself use Vector Analysis to explain the nature phenomenon of what the Ancient Chinese refer to. Vector Analysis is a tool for communication. where the nature phenomenon of what the Ancient chinese refer to is independent of any kind of communication tools.

Tomorrow, I might even using Brain wave frequency to explain the Samadhi states. The Buddha doesnt have to know about Brain Wave frequency at all because it is the entering of the samadhi states is the bottom line.

Your interest seems to be off the traget of discussing what is it, but argue for arguement shake. That I would have no interest in.
    But you didn't say that YOU found it a good way to exaplin things, you said "There are certain details which is needed on the Vectors analysis for communication purpose" to which I pointed out that vector analysis isn't NEEDED (as you said) since our ancestors developed and taught WCK without it.

I'm not arguing for argument's sake but pointing out that what you are saying isn't in fact true. No one NEEDS vector analysis to explain WCK. Our ancestors apparently did just fine without it. That you use it is something else entirely.

Since you are the one misrepresenting chinese history, maybe you should take your own advice.

hahahahahaha

is it me or does this hendrik guy sound like a white guy imitating chinese?
    Irriterate? lol what a phony

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    is it me or does this hendrik guy sound like a white guy imitating chinese?
    Irriterate? lol what a phony
    Hendrik is of chinese descent. English is his fourth or fifth language.

oh a bamboo shoot
    teehee

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC