Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Siu Lin tau

Wayfaring,

As I said many times in my previous post, I have no interest.

Thanks but no thanks .

Btw.

I am discussing Wck history and DNA here, please stay in the topic if you like to discuss.
    so, Official chinese History and ancient Chinese martial art DNA are the bottom line, not me or anyone's hand on experience.

So, compare with that not with me, in case you are interested in the history or DNA.

Anyone can present and free to present their finding in reference to the Chinese official history and ancient Chinese martial art DNA. I encourage you do that to the public.

Here, I politely tell you, here on I will not response to you or your group of people on your opinions, because I have no interest. As I have told the others from your group.

All these posts will serve as evidence for FBI or Police investigation if needed in the future.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Hendrik,

I'm sorry but I do not see how someone with a request to feel the development of your engine in a more advanced stage by hands on interchange represents anything like "proof your ego" OR "taking law into your own hands".

Do you not do hands on training?

If you go to visit sifu Gee I've seen him many times show with his own hands what he is talking about.

In fact, hands on experience is exactly what will show you the genuine from the pretend.

You are talking about a product here, and not being interested, but instead it seems to be you presenting a product - about the wing chun dna and yik kam transform and so forth.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-02-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Sure, if you like to , test out the yik kam transform drills and experience for yourself how your physical three sets handling will improve . Many here has try it and get result.
    Ok, where do I get details of these?

Blog Entries
    Sure, if you like to , test out the yik kam transform drills and experience for yourself how your physical three sets handling will improve . Many here has try it and get result.
    Can we also say the following:

You can "polish" (not "develop" - in order to develop any combat skill, you will need "partner") your combat skill in your solo form training if you can:

- keep your body relax,
    - have good body structure/alignment,
    - allow the force to generate from the ground up and back to front,
    - unify your body as one unit,
    - coordinate your outer 3 harmonies,
    - You may add more into this list.

Those are "general" guidelines for all TCMA solo form training. You can even talk about this in Karate forum, nobody will be able to disagree with you on this.

So even if you can prove that someone's solo form will be better by using your method, it still doesn't prove that person's "combat skill" have been improved. It only tells that his body movement may make "less mistake (better polished)".
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 07-02-2013 at 12:58 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

John,

Sure.

I totally agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Can we also say the following:

You can "polish" (not "develop" inorder to develop any combat skill, you will need "partner") your combat skill in your solo form training if you can:

- keep your body relax,
    - have good body structure/alignment,
    - allow the force to generate from the ground up and back to front,
    - unify your body as one unit,
    - coordinate your outer 3 harmonies,
    - You may add more into this list.

Those are "general" guidelines for all TCMA solo form training. You can even talk about this in Karate forum, nobody will be able to disagree with you on this.

So even if you can prove that someone's solo form will be better by using your method, it still doen't prove that person's "combat skill" have been improved. It only tells that his body movement may make "less mistake".

All these posts will serve as evidence for FBI or Police investigation if needed in the future.
    WTF?! Now this is definitely the most idiotic post ever written.

I plead with you to contact the FBI and or any Police agency and tell them to investigate online martial art forums where people challenge your ideology and ask you to practice what you are preaching.

If you are lucky they will tell you to stay off the internet. More than likely they will laugh and then hang up.

You need to lay off the Biorythmic machines as it is giving you dain bramage.

FWIW, I am not part of any group. Just me. And my opinions are my own albeit, shared by many.
    "The ultimate nature of survival is maintaining your balance"

I cannot believe it but he thinks you guys are going to assault him.

Leave him alone. He evidently has some serious mental health issues and that may explain much of this and other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post

Leave him alone. He evidently has some serious mental health issues and that may explain much of this and other threads.
    Yeah, this thread has taken a turn for the "weird and inappropriate."

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post

Lol, I can't believe it either - no one has threatened him here (except maybe in his mind! ). This whole thread is like some crazy game show with flashing lights, loud music and a crazy MC only with no prizes and no winners.

As for visiting him, I just got caught up in being an unlucky contestant - in reality this guy's not worth the time. He clearly can't give a straight or coherent answer to anyone's questions here, why would someone spend even one dollar in gas to go see him for just more of the same?

But you're right, it's obvious he's mentally unstable. There's no talking to someone like that and it's becoming a great waste of time. I'm outta here
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 07-02-2013 at 03:52 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Ill leave all the FBI issues and potential arrests to the other guys on the forum?!?!

But moving on....

Official Chinese history and ancient Chinese martial art DNA are the standard reference for measurement . If you want to test out go ahead test with those. And report to the public your result if you like to. Got nothing to do with me. I am not the reference and not interested in spending my time on unrelated people or matter.
    Ok, ill ask again, call me a simple australian that struggles to understand you...

Who made it official???

Thats a really simple question but, please note, it cant be you or another of the YK lot..... it needs to be someone of some standing within the Chinese community. Someone with recognized credentials in history.

So, who is it?

Wayfaring,

As I said many times in my previous post, I have no interest.

Thanks but no thanks .
    You have no interest in what? The topic of the thread you started on Siu Lin Tau and WCK DNA?

I'm sorry but with martial arts techniques it really doesn't work to say "I'm interested in the history, but not in the hands on application".

My main question is "What evidence is there that the Yik Kam transform produces a better, more clear, more powerful engine in Wing Chun"?

If there is nobody alive that can show the results of training it, then nobody is interested in it.

Oh, and here's an idea for you. If you don't want to talk about wing chun topics, don't post threads on this forum about them. If you do, then by default you are accepting discussion about the topic.

Btw.

I am discussing Wck history and DNA here, please stay in the topic if you like to discuss.
    so, Official chinese History and ancient Chinese martial art DNA are the bottom line, not me or anyone's hand on experience.
    You can't dictate to me how I'm going to discuss this topic. And I disagree. ABSOLUTELY hands on experience shows fighting skill. And shows advanced engine development if it is there. If you have a different opinion, make a case for it.

So, compare with that not with me, in case you are interested in the history or DNA.
    Even more basic. Why would I be interested in your history or your opinion on what animal style DNA wing chun evolved from? Is there something valuable to see there on a martial arts level? Is there a martial arts skill that can be developed out of this? Where can I see the advanced stages of skill development of this?

Anyone can present and free to present their finding in reference to the Chinese official history and ancient Chinese martial art DNA. I encourage you do that to the public.
    My "finding" is that written history has too many gaps in it to draw the conclusions you are drawing from it. So some of the authorship of that story is all you filling it in. I've heard a number of fairy tales and oral history accounts. They are important to wck families, but probably not as interesting to the overall group.

Here, I politely tell you, here on I will not response to you or your group of people on your opinions, because I have no interest. As I have told the others from your group.
    And here politely I will tell you that if you have no interest in discussing a topic, then kindly don't post any new threads on it in this forum.

Thanks.
    Great. Because right now all this serves as evidence of is you being paranoid, and definitely you are coming off as very unsure of the art and techniques you are trying to sell here. Nobody here has threatened you. Perhaps you should get some counseling, and use this evidence to help explain your current state.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Ok, where do I get details of these?

Start with this then go to the YouTube reference

http://www.scribd.com/doc/121501202/YIK-KAM-TRANSFORM
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-02-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Siu Lin Tau

Siu Lin tau of wing chun is analogous to San chin of white crane or karate .
    It is a critical training to build up the core mechanics in term of body mind, body structure, force handling, and momentum handling.

This part of the wing chun is called the body of the art. This part of the art is for develop the unique body mechanics and skill to support the Wck applications requirements. That is how the traditional Chinese martial art work. An art has to have a complete body of the art and application of the art. Missing any part will make the art partial. Modern Wck lineage might evolve differently, however, a serious question is does one still learn Wck , or one has learn something evolve away , from what Wck is based on , but taking someone view which is not fully accord to the art of Wck.

Yes, there is proper way of doing things or practicing snt, because the content of snt is well define in the past. It is a causal system to produce result. Not a freelance open sketch pad where anyone can sketch what they like. One certainly can sketch whatever they like, however, that is no longer Wck. But one's own creation .
    Hendrik , it ' s a good question does one still learn wck , or one has learn something evolving away . Okay , we all know what WC looks like right it ' s all over the internet and you tube , regardless of the different versions of WC , if I ' m learning Ip Man lineage of WC for example from one of Ip Man ' s disciples , I would stick to whatever the sifu would teach me , I would ' nt learn something that would evolve me away from what I suppose to be learning .
    But if it ' s something better than what my WC sifu taught me , then I would just not tell my sifu . Unless , my sifu suspects that I ' m learning something else . Then I would have a nice talk with my sifu .

But Hendrik , it can happen to anyone , but it ' s called being open mindness , some sifus really don ' t care if you ' re learning something from someone else .
    Some sifus do care because they ' re close minded . So it really depends on the sifu though . Because , to me every sifu is different right ?

We have enough data today to know these objectively.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ8h4UM...%3DMQ8h4UMRFU8

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=siUvRN9...%3DsiUvRN94ULA

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=R3keW...%3DR3keW8Sc9t8

It is like eduction , soon Wck will have a standard reference. Because we all can have a Wck common denominator . Different lineage can have variantion, but the common denominator or DNA will be value.

Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    Hendrik , it ' s a good question does one still learn wck , or one has learn something evolving away . Okay , we all know what WC looks like right it ' s all over the internet and you tube , regardless of the different versions of WC , if I ' m learning Ip Man lineage of WC for example from one of Ip Man ' s disciples , I would stick to whatever the sifu would teach me , I would ' nt learn something that would evolve me away from what I suppose to be learning .
    But if it ' s something better than what my WC sifu taught me , then I would just not tell my sifu . Unless , my sifu suspects that I ' m learning something else . Then I would have a nice talk with my sifu .

But Hendrik , it can happen to anyone , but it ' s called being open mindness , some sifus really don ' t care if you ' re learning something from someone else .
    Some sifus do care because they ' re close minded . So it really depends on the sifu though . Because , to me every sifu is different right ?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-12-2013 at 08:52 PM.

We have enough data today to know these objectively.
    We sure do....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUZkNxq7A1Y

What TST done is a part of the force element, of the six core elements of the snt.

Body, mind, breathing, Qi flow, force , momentum.

What Wsl emphasis is a part of the momentum element.

What Robert Chu shows is a part of the body element.

So, collect all teaching one will see a better Wck picture.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-12-2013 at 08:59 PM.