Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Rogan

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    This is very easily resolved.
    Any TCMA willing to step up and show Joe that he is wrong?
    The fact is that Joe is WRONG. Wether anyone steps up or not, is not going to change that fact.

On the other hand, if he really means what he says, then he should perhaps take a trip to China - the cradle of kung fu - and issue an open no-rules challenge. There is a good chance some of the kwoons and temples will oblige.

Perhaps he will beat up all of the challengers and become even richer and more famous than he is now, or he might just end up on a Beijing to US flight with his @ss sitting on the seat next to him in the plane?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I am sure that if he had made that comment about MT or Judo or BJJ or Karate that there would be a number of people willing to enlighten him.
    The problem is that they would perhaps want to enlighten him in a sports arena, which is where his style is more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    well i imagine the likes of WSL, Yip sui, CLC, most of the CLF and Lama guys would have stepped up.....afterall they made their names in (gosh) challange matches against other styles in a limited rules enviroment (doesnt that sound a bit like modern day MMA)

makes you wonder why those that claim lineages from the above now wont do what they did and step up and fight but look down on it as unworthy
    I know kung fu sifus personally that would gladly send you to the nearest emergency room if you challenged them, but they do not believe in sports fighting, nor do they encourage their students to do it, even if they do not dissuade them from accepting challenges.

What I said above is a fact, but as always, you are free to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

seriously, the stuff you state sometimes is like a cluster fuk of idiots wandering around bumping into walls.
    what do u find confusing all I said is joe rogan is a ***e n frost proly sucks at kf.

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    my younger CLF buddy who does BM part time has been doing BJJ full time for two years with one of Marcus Soarez's BB's...unless my buddy does steroids he will never beat me with JJ...I could use just karate techniques from my old kajukenbo forms and dude wouldn't stand a chance i got six inches and thirty pounds on him and I smoke. the thing is I knew how to fight before learning any martial arts it's in my family to kick the **** out of each other going back to when my Great-Grandpa boxed in the Olympics over seventy years ago. TMA makes my fighting posture more stable, MMA gives me a chance to spar and see if I'm really stable I smoke and am 34 I'm not wasting my time entering a ring risking six months off from a possible injury, besides when he were young we ratpacked dudes like 7 14 year olds stomping two thirty year olds it's not impressive to me to give a guy a concussion in the ring lol I revoked violence the last time I kicked my older brother in the head talking **** while drunk, it made me feel like a animal lol I know how to use Gung Fu as much as I can box and wrestle it's not that big a deal.

I think rascism is the main reason some TMA's haven't stepped up. I mean it's not like Thai fighters from Thailand win ufc it's always black and white guys who use thai boxing, China didn't open up untill Nixon in the 70's and I know Bak Mei is only open to students who have put in close to ten years...there is like 17 Gung fu styles in BM it's a lot of work.
    i can tell you smoke from your writting

so I don't know BJJ at all right?.
    i dont think you know much at all about sport fighting, but im just judging you by your rambling posts........

what do u find confusing all I said is joe rogan is a ***e n frost proly sucks at kf.
    and it took you half a page of c^ap to try to get that point accross seriously put the special smokes down ok

Lol im typn on a flip phone the topics not deep enough to post commas n ****..I thought I made a good point you dont see any ethnic thai fighters in the ufc maybe that has something to do with why Aikido has never stepped into the cage. Lol in most trapping isnt it implied your opp is wearing sleeves giving you something to latch onto for an arm trap wheras ufc fights in underwear. I did think it was funny rogan dissed black taoist in that vid when he mentioned the two black guys from NY.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    And there are many layers in Chin-na/Kum-La that BJJ and Western Wrestlers would not be able to imagine.
    imagine is the right word you used. It pretty well sums up the fantasy you seem to have that TCMA has some ground fighting ability which has never been presented or captured or recorded in anyway, but please if you do find some please post it.

Back at you and all who think like you. You guys Joe Rogan included, criticise the TCMA based on what you know about BJJ and Western Wrestling, not based on any intimate knowledge of the TCMAs.
    Love how you blanket statement everyone. first off I hate joe rogan and could care less about his ability or what he says about WC or whatever. I'm not criticising the TCMA i'm pointing out a fact. they do not have ground. As for BJJ/JJ/Wrestling which strickly study the grappling environment, they would have this "intimate" knowledge base before TCMA would when looking at it in the light of common sense. But alas common sense is a forgone conclusion with you.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

imagine is the right word you used. It pretty well sums up the fantasy you seem to have that TCMA has some ground fighting ability which has never been presented or captured or recorded in anyway, but please if you do find some please post it.
    The fantasy and imagination are all yours, as you and others of your persuasion can only guess what exists or does not exist in the TCMAs, because you have never really practiced them in a genuine manner.

Love how you blanket statement everyone. first off I hate joe rogan and could care less about his ability or what he says about WC or whatever. I'm not criticising the TCMA i'm pointing out a fact. they do not have ground. As for BJJ/JJ/Wrestling which strickly study the grappling environment, they would have this "intimate" knowledge base before TCMA would when looking at it in the light of common sense. But alas common sense is a forgone conclusion with you.
    The "fact" that you point out that dictates that there is no ground fighting in the TCMAs will be disputed by the likes of Mike Patterson, Wong Kiew Kit and numerous others, not to mention my own Wing Chun sifu.

So again, it is illogical to judge the whole of the TCMAs based on what you have NOT seen in sports tournaments, as well as what you have NOT practiced in a genuine kwoon!

The fantasy and imagination are all yours, as you and others of your persuasion can only guess what exists or does not exist in the TCMAs, because you have never really practiced them in a genuine manner.
    you going to find that clip of CMA ground fighting? I emplore you to find it and prove me wrong.
    The "fact" that you point out that dictates that there is no ground fighting in the TCMAs will be disputed by the likes of Mike Patterson, Wong Kiew Kit and numerous others, not to mention my own Wing Chun sifu.

So again, it is illogical to judge the whole of the TCMAs based on what you have NOT seen in sports tournaments, as well as what you have NOT practiced in a genuine kwoon!
    There are all kinds of people out there that think they know the mythical limits of the universe. And then again there all kinds out there that are just crazy.

again give me some clips or some proof. It's all I ask. Hell I'll even take one of your fully documented 100% youtube vids. that must be true because it's on youtube.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

you going to find that clip of CMA ground fighting? I emplore you to find it and prove me wrong.

There are all kinds of people out there that think they know the mythical limits of the universe. And then again there all kinds out there that are just crazy.

again give me some clips or some proof. It's all I ask. Hell I'll even take one of your fully documented 100% youtube vids. that must be true because it's on youtube.
    It seems that the word of respected masters such as Mike Patterson are not good enough for you.

Yes, some TCMAs cover the ground scenario and grappling and train it. Here YET AGAIN is a clip of Tiger stylists doing that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__JYhJJXZr8

I am sorry that it is on Youtube, because you do not approve of it, but perhaps if you check Google Videos, you will find it there too, in which case you will be satisfied.....

we've already covered this video of tiger "grappling"

I'm not going to repeat my statements about it. Look back at the other thread for my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    I know kung fu sifus personally that would gladly send you to the nearest emergency room if you challenged them, but they do not believe in sports fighting, nor do they encourage their students to do it, even if they do not dissuade them from accepting challenges.

What I said above is a fact, but as always, you are free to ignore it.
    strange that I mean the Chinese held full contact competitions for century’s, even as late as 1928 in nanging they were holding full contact limited rules sports comps to find the best fighters in the country, the same thing happened in 1929 which David Ross posted about a while ago, got to wonder when the Chinese martial arts went from accepting and encouraging their fighters to compete in full contact limited rules sports comps to not believing in their value......probably about the same time they started teaching gullible westerners their super secret techniques which are too deadly to spar with

the above is fact, those competitions were held and well attended, but of course you are free to as usual ignore it

Lol im typn on a flip phone the topics not deep enough to post commas n ****..I thought I made a good point you dont see any ethnic thai fighters in the ufc maybe that has something to do with why Aikido has never stepped into the cage. Lol in most trapping isnt it implied your opp is wearing sleeves giving you something to latch onto for an arm trap wheras ufc fights in underwear. I did think it was funny rogan dissed black taoist in that vid when he mentioned the two black guys from NY.
    thailand has it own native sports competition which they compete in and love, they dont have any love for MMA as far as i can see, also the lighter weights have only just been allowed into the UFC dont get too many middle or heavyweight thai's so hats another reason, but its also totally off point........

Thai boxing is well represented in the cage, its a style not an ethnic group we are talking about, no one is saying look the chinese arent in the cage, what Rogan is saying is the chinese arts dont do well and arent not well represented, and they dont and arent, nothing stopping you as a white man using your chinese fighting skills in the cage to prove him wrong

you going to find that clip of CMA ground fighting?

The guy who taught Kajukenbo to my first teacher in the 70s knew about judo wrestling and muay thai plus he was Philipino so he had extensive knowledge of those arts. They practiced forms because that is what was in the style they were doing it doesnt mean that when they sparred they didnt wrestle its just that it was mostly Karate tournaments back in the 70s so we only have video of stand up sparring. The science of grappling has come along way since the early days of UFC Im sure everyone is better now than in the 70s but it doesnt mean that the idea of moving through the ranges wasnt there. CMA has like 2000 weapon apps if you can swing a sword you can pull an arm bar the **** is not that deep. shrugs