Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Wing Chun and The root

i didnt claim that it will defeat anything. did DeLucia try any pressure point attacks? I dont think so

Anyways I understand your skepticism given the BS that runs rampant, but using pressure points to immobilize is real.

It is a well documented fact that accupuncturists are able to cause paralysis and acupuncture can be used as a substitute for local ansthesia

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    i didnt claim that it will defeat anything. did DeLucia try any pressure point attacks? I dont think so

Anyways I understand your skepticism given the BS that runs rampant, but using pressure points to immobilize is real.

It is a well documented fact that accupuncturists are able to cause paralysis and acupuncture can be used as a substitute for local ansthesia

Could you please share with us which pressure point you hit and with what type of strike? that is very interesting.

its actually not just one, but a combination of two. i didnt strike it, i had you apply constant pressure for a couple of seconds

its actually not just one, but a combination of two. i didnt strike it, i had you apply constant pressure for a couple of seconds
    Could you please share which two? Thanks!

now if everyone knew then we wouldnt have any advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    I still did not see any kung fu in his actions and I was serious about my kickboxer comment. He was fighting like sports fighter. IMHO his roots did not look like kung fu roots. He was "bouncing"!

That fighter is apparently a Shaolin kung fu guy. I did not see any Shaolin in anything that he did. The other guy was a BJJ man and he used his BJJ but this guy did not use any kung fu, IMHO!

Furthermore he did not seem to have a clear mind, as if almost worried. That is my opinion anyway.
    Wing Chun is not the only style of CMA and there are CMA styles which do not rely on being flat footed.

I hope you know that, please don't offend the other styles because you are bashing some kickboxers.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    1, No I dont know what is Hard Contact Sparring, I just know to not get KO since I only wear underware and no protection gear

2, since you spar alots,
    do you like to answer the question What's wrong with that Kung Fu man in that Clip below?

------------------------------
    what confident do you have to face the following?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjK0g-cDJI4

0%?
    10%
    50%
    80%
    100%

----------------------------------
    Not to take anything away Royce, his accomplishments stand for themselves.
    Jason had NO IDEA how to deal with Royce and GJJ and even in their other fights after that, he didn't fair much better.
    In this one he came in with a "point fighters mentality" and paid for it, after this match and the subsequent fights, Jason took up some grappling and still had no chance and rightly so, you don't defeat a life time of GJJ with a few months of grappling.
    Jason never had the answer to the GJJ puzzle, many didn't for the first few years.

So can you guys share with me how do crane boxing train their root?

Does anyone know about the crane horsestance and why they train their root?

now if everyone knew then we wouldnt have any advantage

Well, I will not ask anymore.

Here is what my view is:

No offend, if it is Pressure point, one doesnt even have to tell what is the point exactly . in fact most will not tell because one doesnt want to promote mis-use of power.

But, they will provide a hint on the part of the body,

those who knows could figure out the possibility and what is the effect just with that hint- with only the part of the body describe. because the cause and effect in the medirians has to converge and those who knows could trace in.

I ask you if you are a WCner because that is a clue on what kind of technics WCK normally uses to cause the phenomenon of your friend you describe.

See, everything has a trace if one knows where to look for and see if the evidence matches from different angle. and that is the Key to heal pressure point related injury.

Finally,
    after have been tracking your claim and with your keep changing story line. There is no reason for me to believe you have any advantage at all.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-12-2009 at 09:46 AM.

im really getting sick of trying to decode your posts, all i could understand was the last part.

i dont see where my story changed at all. its really not that amazing. many accupuncturists could do the same thing to you if they trained their fingers to be strong enough.

my friend tried to take me down the other day, he wrestled with me when i was younger and he now takes BJJ. when he was trying to take me down i hit his pressure points and his entire right arm from neck to fingertip was immobilized. i had to give him accupressure massage afterwards to restore 'chi flow' to his arm
    Lol, no, you didn't.

Yes, yes, of course you did. The nurse'll be along in a minute.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

many accupuncturists could do the same thing to you if they trained their fingers to be strong enough.

to be real honest, I dont buy the accupunturists and strong enough fingers stuffs.

For once in a blue moon I am in agreement with Hendrik, I'm calling BS on your pressure point story.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

The problem is when you water down aunthenic wc an give the Gwalo the gun without the bullets they find it hard to believe you!!! Once someone has been given a fake kung fu. Its hard for them to except the authenic Sheeeesh when they see or hear it?

im really getting sick of trying to decode your posts, all i could understand was the last part.

i dont see where my story changed at all. its really not that amazing. many accupuncturists could do the same thing to you if they trained their fingers to be strong enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    For once in a blue moon I am in agreement with Hendrik, I'm calling BS on your pressure point story.
    haha thats fine. then i might as well state that i also did it when i first started wrestling in high school 10 years ago, but my teammates called me a cheater and using "ninja ****" after i made my partner's arm go numb for 30 minutes so i stopped using pressure points.