View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 761 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 2616617117517597607617627637718118611261 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,415 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Believe what you want Goju you only limit your own ability to learn that way. I know what I have done and acomplished .
    I am not a GOJU stylist and do not claim to be. But I find it interesting that the Founder that I put the article about was Chojun Miyagis teacher who was the founder of GoJU. That is the original source not 2-5 generations removed.
    Also.

If you lost what ability you have would you have nothing to offer?? just curious. According to your philosophy you wouldnt. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Believe what you want Goju you only limit your own ability to learn that way. I know what I have done and acomplished .
    I am not a GOJU stylist and do not claim to be. But I find it interesting that the Founder that I put the article about was Chojun Miyagis teacher who was the founder of GoJU. That is the original source not 2-5 generations removed.
    Also.

If you lost what ability you have would you have nothing to offer?? just curious. According to your philosophy you wouldnt. KC
    um what/ that atricle had nothing to do with anything relevant here

oh bullocks more quotes from kung fu
    no if i lost my ability i wouldnt have anything to offer as far as marial arts go how would i/
    id just end up sitting on my arse talking about how many people they know or how everybody is supposed to know who iam lol

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    um what/ that atricle had nothing to do with anything relevant here

oh bullocks more quotes from kung fu
    no if i lost my ability i wouldnt have anything to offer as far as marial arts go how would i/
    id just end up sitting on my arse talking about how many people they know or how everybody is supposed to know who iam lol
    You know what's funny....Your going to be old someday

you know what isn't funny........Your Girlfriend has no idea what she's in for
    BQ

i know im going to be old we all are

only difference between me and you guys
    is its happening sooner to you!

EVIL KUNG FU MASTER LAUGH! AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

ah shes 31 ill have to deal with her being old not the other way around

Oh!!!! You know what else is the difference about me getting old and you guys getting old?

Iiiiiiiiiim always gonna look this good!

Ahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahha
    goodnight

Goju is there a river where you live called denial? You are probably the biggest Jerk I have run across to dat on the web. So you win. Hopefully your immaturity will decrease as you get older. One last thing in my profession I see many who age prematurely, One day they are strong and healthy and the next moment they are an amputee or have a disc blown in their back. I hope this doesnt happen to you but all it takes is one small stupid accident. I too thought I was immortal until I got injured. YOU ARE NOT> KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

let me get this right your the one who cliams for some reason i should know who you are
    your the one whos supposed to posess such a high level of martial skill but wont show it
    and your the one whos studying a style thats dosnt even begin to make sense

yes but im delusonal kwai keep telling yourelf that and then click your red heels together three times and say there snoplace like hom theres no place like home lol

Oh!!!! You know what else is the difference about me getting old and you guys getting old?

goodnight
    Your really into yourself
    BQ

Great Post Leto

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    sanchin of goju ryu and uechi ryu is descended from white crane sanzhan.
    Goju: That part was about your style.

our san he chien is not exactly the same form, but it has similarities. The closest to our form I've seen is the wuzhu quan/five ancestors fist version, which also shares roots with the southern white crane styles, I believe.
    Goju: That part was about SD

Here are two white crane versions, the uechi ryu and goju ryu versions of sanchin
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWh-uhw4C9s
    Yours

Similar to ours (SD)

note how the second crane form and the five ancestors have attack sequences at the end similar to our form. The five ancestors hand postures are most similar to ours, I feel.
    He's talking about SD's here

There is definately tiger in our style. I have started to wonder if a bit of indigenous silat might have got into our style, too. I used to assume it is just shaolin ditang, but after seeing some silat demonstrations with a lot of low to the ground rolling and kicking ground techniques, I wonder if that's where our brown belt crane forms get their strange mix of southern white crane-style techniques with the sanchin stance and the "broken leg" stance and ground techniques which I always thought were a little strange together.
    I'm just breaking it down for you, Goju, because you seem to think that Leto was saying that Goju Ryu had picked up some Silat. He didn't. I'm not going to be critical of your spelling or reading comprehension because I know you believe that's the crutch of folks who don't have a response to your arguments. I'm simply laying it out because your response seems to suggest that you didn't understand that particular post.

Moreover, with regard to your opinions of those older than you, you'd do well to heed the admonishments of OneStudent. I'm not aware of any martial art that doesn't train humility and respect for elders (okay, MMA excluded). Moreover, the masters in your art are old and I doubt that you'd claim that they have nothing to teach you. Certainly, they might be able to show you a little more than you get from the two-man show you've got going in your uncle's basement. Empty your cup just a little Goju. You'd only be better for it.

Hey!?!?!?

goodnight
    Aren't you sporting some kind of mullet in your picture? You're probably right. You'll always look that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    Aren't you sporting some kind of mullet in your picture? You're probably right. You'll always look that good.
    In his own mind

let me get this right your the one who cliams for some reason i should know who you are
    your the one whos supposed to posess such a high level of martial skill but wont show it
    and your the one whos studying a style thats dosnt even begin to make sense

yes but im delusonal kwai keep telling yourelf that and then click your red heels together three times and say there snoplace like hom theres no place like home lol
    22 year old kid with no respect , no discipline , no honor, a L-I-A-R and T-R-O-L-L ta boot!!!Here we have the future of the United States of America.

Goju: That part was about your style.

Goju: That part was about SD

Yours

Similar to ours (SD)

He's talking about SD's here

I'm just breaking it down for you, Goju, because you seem to think that Leto was saying that Goju Ryu had picked up some Silat. He didn't. I'm not going to be critical of your spelling or reading comprehension because I know you believe that's the crutch of folks who don't have a response to your arguments. I'm simply laying it out because your response seems to suggest that you didn't understand that particular post.

Moreover, with regard to your opinions of those older than you, you'd do well to heed the admonishments of OneStudent. I'm not aware of any martial art that doesn't train humility and respect for elders (okay, MMA excluded). Moreover, the masters in your art are old and I doubt that you'd claim that they have nothing to teach you. Certainly, they might be able to show you a little more than you get from the two-man show you've got going in your uncle's basement. Empty your cup just a little Goju. You'd only be better for it.
    These last few pages of nonsense indicates exactly what this kid is all about and what his future is going to be like, God save us all!!!
    I can tell you all I am glad I was born when I was I am the age that I am now because I wouldnt want to be coming of age with douche bags like this around me.

I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    These last few pages of nonsense indicates exactly what this kid is all about and what his future is going to be like, God save us all!!!
    I can tell you all I am glad I was born when I was I am the age that I am now because I wouldnt want to be coming of age with douche bags like this around me.
    I think the DBs have always been around. The internet just provides a medium where they're concentrated. This guy's in Colorado (I think). But for the internet, I'd never have even heard his rants.

I'm trying to decide whether this guy wins the prize or whether that's still held by the bipolar Ng family dude that was banned...Mark something.

I think the DBs have always been around. The internet just provides a medium where they're concentrated. This guy's in Colorado (I think). But for the internet, I'd never have even heard his rants.

I'm trying to decide whether this guy wins the prize or whether that's still held by the bipolar Ng family dude that was banned...Mark something.
    I agree. They were cast in the same mold , this one is a younger version of the other.