He moves well
    GlennR

He was 51 and moves like 21!!!!!!

GH

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    He was 51 and moves like 21!!!!!!

GH
    Hey Graham
    Yep, cudos to him..... a great example of the benefits of hard training.
    GlennR

Really enjoyed that clip. Thanks for posting.

Suki
    "From a psychological point of view, demons represent the universal equivalents of the dark, cruel, animal depths of the mind. When we as martial artists are preparing ourselves to overcome our fear of domination at the hands of an opponent, we must go deep within our inner being and allow the darkest parts of ourselves to be revealed. In order to battle the monsters in an abyss, we must sometimes unleash the demon within" http://darkwingchun.wordpress.com/

...where were the 6 directional force vectors then eh? eh?

Quote Originally Posted by badnews View Post
    ...where were the 6 directional force vectors then eh? Eh?
    lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :d

I was wondering how he held the pole but then noticed the mechanism/attachment on the rear hand. Quite inspirational.

I had a funny thought watching it all though. "He looks like a blond WSL"! What with his moustache and short-ish hair.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    I was wondering how he held the pole but then noticed the mechanism/attachment on the rear hand. Quite inspirational.

I had a funny thought watching it all though. "He looks like a blond WSL"! What with his moustache and short-ish hair.
    Philipps can do things better with one hand than most can do with two. It needs to be seen to be believed. I'm thankful he is my Teacher as he opened my eyes to Ving Tsun moreso than anybody previous.

You are not the only person to point out his likeness to WSL.......maybe not so much looking but definately the way he moves. These thoughts are shared by many in Europe who trained under the man himself.

Inspirational it is!!!!

GH

I, too, enjoy watching Bayer.

I personal find it very inspiring to watch him perform WC with high efficiency WITH a 'handicap.' Anytime anyone overcomes something like that deserves lots of respect - and he's got mine.

Best,
    CTK
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Philipps can do things better with one hand than most can do with two. It needs to be seen to be believed. I'm thankful he is my Teacher as he opened my eyes to Ving Tsun moreso than anybody previous.
    And it shows it's not all about grabbing, being "limited" because of gloves (can't lap sau etc). Where there is a will there is a way.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    And it shows it's not all about grabbing, being "limited" because of gloves (can't lap sau etc). Where there is a will there is a way.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With good practice one can lop with the bridge-kiu.

joy chaudhuri

Good stuff !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !