Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Choy Lee Fut VS Pak Mei

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    So first it was because they weren’t fighting and just did forms
    THEY aren't fighting. Not the people I'm having this discussion with.... they're taking credit for someone else's homework.

San Da is not MMA. Local San Da is not professional MMA.

Blog Entries
    San Da is not MMA. Local San Da is not professional MMA.
    This quote!!!!!!!!! LMAO
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Boxing is NOT MMA, local boxing is NOT pro MMA
    MT is not MMA, local MT is not Pro MMA.

Such insight !

Next up:
    Blowjobs are NOT handjobs.
    Getting blown is not like get jackedoff, local BJ's are NOT Pro rub-n-tugs !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

No it all started when you knocked one persons view of CLF as being one of the best TCMA out there saying he was basing in on that video? Which he wasn’t and again you are off track we are not talking about one persons view of CLF or their personal CLF, we are talking about the style being seen as one of the better TCMA in some peoples view….. why because the style has a proven fighting record, its got nothing to do with taking the credit for someone else’s work its got to do with acknowledging that as a style CLF across the board seems to turn up a lot in full contact fighting comps, that doesn’t mean everyone can fight with it (just like going to a boxing gym doesn’t mean you can fight)

No sh*t sanda is not MMA, who said it was what was said is that Sanda is an open full contact venue that CLF (unlike other styles you seem to really like) does well in over and over and comparing it to TKD was stupid

So back to my question cant you see the double standards in your views of the internal arts you practise beinf great for stand up in Sanda or MMA (But with no actual prove anywhere of it doing well insanda let alone MMA) and then bashing CLF which does have a proven fight record in Sanda?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post

Such insight !

Next up:
    That is all true.

One is still a virgin if they're only getting hand jobs. One can't say they are producing high level fighters today if they're only fighting in local venues that don't account for BJJ.... a dominant fighting system today.

Blog Entries

Such insight !

Next up:
    hey, don't show him how to see outside the box. he likes his tiny box man.....

One can't say they are producing high level fighters today if they're only fighting in local venues that don't account for BJJ.... a dominant fighting system today.
    THIS
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 10-07-2011 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    That is all true.

One is still a virgin if they're only getting hand jobs. One can't say they are producing high level fighters today if they're only fighting in local venues that don't account for BJJ.... a dominant fighting system today.
    I don't recall anyone using the term "high-level" fighters and would probably argue that the vast majority of BJJ or MMA peeps are NOT high level either.

You're being narrow minded Ray.
    For many of us older guys, when MMA wasn't an option, know what we did?
    We competed in DIFFERENT sports to develop different skills.
    We boxed or KB for the striking and wrestled or did judo for the grappling, etc.
    In many ways I personally believe that is a far better method to develop SPECIFIC skill sets, but that is another thread.
    Point being that striking systems competing in striking venues are doing the same thing as grappling systems competing in grappling venues.

Nwe are talking about the style being seen as one of the better TCMA in some peoples view….. why because the style has a proven fighting record,
    OK. Now we're on the same page...... my opinion, CLF has not proven itself in today's modern MMA. This is an important distinction because of the proven effectiveness of BJJ. Saying you can handle bow and arrows but not guns outdates you today.

So back to my question cant you see the double standards in your views of the internal arts you practise beinf great for stand up in Sanda or MMA (But with no actual prove anywhere of it doing well insanda let alone MMA) and then bashing CLF which does have a proven fight record in Sanda?
    I never said internal was good for anything. I said I learned some mechanics that were important to me. I learned some sticking from TCMA that is important to me.

As far as effectiveness in MMA, I clump all TCMA together. No one has risen to prove its effectiveness along the lines of BJJ, Muay Tai and even Karate.

Blog Entries
    I don't recall anyone using the term "high-level" fighters and would probably argue that the vast majority of BJJ or MMA peeps are NOT high level either.
    the only HIGH LEVEL fighter is Ray Pina. He's the best. he's our man. if no one can do it, RAY PINA can. LOL. Shish Boom Bah......

OK. Now we're on the same page...... my opinion, CLF has not proven itself in today's modern MMA. This is an important distinction because of the proven effectiveness of BJJ. Saying you can handle bow and arrows but not guns outdates you today.
    Why would we? until now, CLF was purely a stand up art. anyone with any kind of sense knows they advantage....NOT ARSE WHIPPING....but advantage would go to MMA because of the ground fighting. But, more and more CLF are taking up BJJ to supplement their game and i see CLF moving closer and closer to entering MMA matches. Right now, CLF has re-entered to ring to fight in San Shou and other stand up full contact matches.

It seems ray pina is caught in that OLD frame of mind "my style is better than yours"..........kid sh1t
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 10-07-2011 at 07:29 AM.

The issue isn't that Ray doesn't have a point, it's that the point is too narrow minded.
    That CLF guys choose to comepte in San shour is no different than MT figthers choosing to compete in only MT or kyokushin guys choosing to compete in only Kyokushin.
    That some MT and karate guys cross over to MMA takes nothing away from those that DON'T choose to do that or from the original venues they came from.

I never said internal was good for anything. I said I learned some mechanics that were important to me. I learned some sticking from TCMA that is important to me.

As far as effectiveness in MMA, I clump all TCMA together. No one has risen to prove its effectiveness along the lines of BJJ, Muay Tai and even Karate.
    I agree its not proven itself in MMA, no TCMA style has, but by the same token its proved itself probably more effective in sanda than a lot of other TCMA, hence the comments by people its one of the better TCMA styles, no one brought up MMA at all….until you did

Blog Entries
    no one brought up MMA at all….until you did
    That's the TICKET........RIGHT THERE.

I'm kind of digging the big, sweeping, wax on wax off like element strikes.... they don't really leave one too open for too long. Shame no one has really crossed over successfully to MMA with that..
    Yes i know you really dont see hay makers in mma AT ALL

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Blog Entries
    actually,

one of the MMA camps does have some people with CLF background. Bob Cook, his father was a Hung Sing CLF stylist. Bob, the son, also knows CLF. But CLF is not the focus of this video so you won't hear about it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/shows...7-efb607fd24db

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    Yes i know you really dont see hay makers in mma AT ALL
    You see one and then a return to base. And then maybe another and return to base.

You don't see a succession of large, telegraphed windmill like strikes....if you saw that tendency in a fighter it would be front kick city and double leg takedowns all day. That's why I didn't see those element strikes even in the San Da footage.