Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: The flagship discussion roundtable of Kung Fu Magazine, open to all topics related to

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    You shouldn't say "no excuses" then offer up an excuse. Doesn't do your position any justice, man.

And it doesn't even matter. Kosceck is a douche, we all know it. He may be a nice guy, but that was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in MMA. You would think he would be man enough to reign in his emotions. Especially considering he is a deadly fighter. Not everyone who says mean things should get punched. I find it hard to believe that he isn't a bit of a bully outside the ring. Maybe not in the fight clubs, but you know that guy picked on kids in hischool. His profile is textbook.
    Mean things lol you really don’t know what happened do you?

I’ve known Paul off and on for about 10 years, in and out the ring, im not going to argue the point with someone who has never met him, doesn’t know him personally or who doesn’t know what actually happened between the two of them.

And I never said it wasn’t a dumb thing to do, I just know why he did it and I don’t actually blame him really but will say it was stupid and cost him a good career he should have taken it outside like lee murray did with the Huntington beach bad boy

What are you two talking about?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Actually, there is. "American English" is distinctly different than "The Queen's" (Oxford) English. There are different spellings, accent, and even differing grammatical rules.
    lol. Yeah, that's some made up crap in order to pretend that the connection with the roots is severed. English is English. You either speak it poorly or you speak it well. You either know how to write with it or you don't.

Playing make believe that there is some new language is the height of Hubris.
    But if it makes people feel better, so be it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    What are you two talking about?
    daley got kicked out of the UFC for attacking koscheck after the fight (during the score card announcment in fromt of Dana lol as the ref raised koschecks hand) why he attacked him, well lets just say koscheck was allegidly saying things not too flattering about pauls mum and his ancestory and colour

I wouldn't be opposed to a simplification of English. It's not like we need to preserve it, it's changed drastically over the centuries.

Now that it's an international language, it would make sense if there was some consistency with our spelling rules, vowels, the sounds letters make when you put them together. English must be a nightmare for a non native speaker to learn. Sometimes there no rhyme or reason to it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    lol. Yeah, that's some made up crap in order to pretend that the connection with the roots is severed. English is English. You either speak it poorly or you speak it well. You either know how to write with it or you don't.

USA! USA! USA! USA!

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    USA! USA! USA! USA!

Yes, this is a good interpretation of it.
    Patriotic chants whilst kicking oneself in the face.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    American English is nothing more than a massive bastardization of the "The Queen's" English. You guys take words, make them work for you. But don't fool yourself into believing it's actually something separate. It's just another patois. You take english words and dumb them down a bit. This cannot be disputed. Like removing letters and in many cases whole phonemes. It's basically what happens when there are more uneducated people than educated people. Simple assumptions and mistakes make their way into the consciousness and end up being taken for granted. I'm not trying to be insulting, just stating the facts. Canada does it too.

Like, for example, how many of you have heard of Aluminium? What does CAEsAr spell? Certainly not Ceaser. There is a reason why it's spelled the way it's spelled. Two examples that have always kind of annoyed me. I can go on for days!
    Their are hundreds of legitimate dialects of the English language. Several of them within England itself.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...glish_language

Also, there is a difference between phonological processes of a language and its orthography.

(Abraham Lincoln told me you guys obviously havent met him been a member of his cabinet broken bread with him helped him defeat the south)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_orthography

fucking canandianians
    Last edited by wenshu; 12-20-2012 at 08:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Their are hundreds of legitimate dialects of the English language. Several of them within England itself.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...glish_language

Also, there is a difference between phonological processes of a language and its orthography.

(Abraham Lincoln told me you guys obviously havent met him been a member of his cabinet broken bread with him helped him defeat the south)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_orthography

fucking canandianians

Dialects?

whatever. It doesn't change that English Is English. A dialect is a subset of the language and not the language itself.

'muricans and their pedantry, have some back. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Why do you hate freedom?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

Thay jus jelus mang!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

It didn't appear that RD was suggesting American English is a separate language rather a separate dialect... ?

Why do you hate freedom?
    Because it is the highest form of ignorance.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to a simplification of English. It's not like we need to preserve it, it's changed drastically over the centuries.

Now that it's an international language, it would make sense if there was some consistency with our spelling rules, vowels, the sounds letters make when you put them together. English must be a nightmare for a non native speaker to learn. Sometimes there no rhyme or reason to it.
    Simplifying and dumbing down are not the same thing. Patois create all sorts of problems. It's like enlish is messed up enough, lol.

Why do you hate freedom?
    Because all Canadians are UnAmerican!!!