Thread: Wing Lam's Tai Yu sword

Crimson Phoenix Guest

Wing Lam's Tai Yu sword

I know there are lots of knowledgeable persons in here so I'm posting this topic in this forum.

OK, I'm very interested in everything dealing with Wudang sword and the forms Li Jing-Lin practiced.
    I recently came across a video at wing lam's called "Tai Yu", which is said to mix internal with external and a favorite of Li Jing-Lin's.
    Have any of you seen the video? Is it good??
    What about this "Tai Yu" form? How did Wing Lam get it? Do anybody know this form or has precisions on it??
    I have seen my sifu do a wudang sword form he got from Jiang Rong Qiao (who got it from Li Jing-Lin I suppose), and one posture of the form is the one pictured on the video.
    However 1) I haven't started to learn it yet so my knowledge is very limited and 2) Such a posture can be seen in many sword forms...

Any infos for me??
    Thanks in advance and good practice!!

GeneChing Guest

Li Jinglin's Tai Yu Sword

I learned that set from Wing Lam, several times in fact (I reviewed it when some of my juniors learned it.) It entered our lineage ala Ku Yu Cheong, who learned it from Li. It's a very enjoyable form, in fact my favorite of the jian forms. I may even be in that vidoe in the applications demos (it was either that one or the Shaolin one, alas, my memory fades on those details.)

Gene Ching
    Asst. Publisher
    Kungfu Qigong Magazine & www.KUNGFUmagazine.com

Crimson Phoenix Guest
    Ku Yu Cheong?? Wow, yuummmiiieeee, it's starting to get very desirable (huh, the tape, I mean heheh).
    Thanks a lot, Gene!!