Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Leong?

CJ,

Where can I see the Chinese name of John Leong?
    I asked around but no of the Wong Lee students knows John Leong. Maybe it's because I don't know the Chinese name.

Jan Seung,

Feel free to e-mail me, I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.

CJ - cj@hunggar.net

Leung Soon the Chinese name, John Leung. Learn follow Wong Lee the little bit, cannot finish as immigrate US. Lam Chun Fai helping later finish all up the system. go back to HK for Lam Chun Fai the visiting.

SiJiHao,

Did John Leong learn the rest of the Hung Gar system from grandmaster Lam Chun Fai......or......was he corrected in the forms he first learned from Wong Lee?

But we can probably ask himself or CJ.

Peace
    GM

GrMs,

For the most part Leong Sifu credits only Wong Lee Sigung as his source of Hung Gar, though he has mentioned that he studied as a youngster in Taishan and has worked in Tai Chi and a few other styles. He has never mentioned to me that he learned from Lam Chun Fai. The curriculum mirrors the Lam family for the most part with the exception of some forms as you may see from my site. But the presentation of power and movement characteristics within the forms are notably different then the presentation of the Lam players. Weather that difference should be credited to Wong Lee Sigung or Leong Sifu I wouldn't know as I never had the privilege of seeing my Sigung move.

CJ

Breath in, air to low, middle, upper dan tin. Swallow. Breath out, upper, middle, lower, I know you Iron Wire, no problem!

Now you know.

CJ,

I found an article in Chinese magazine about Leung.
    I will take it to some students of Wong Lee, and let you know later.