Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 378

Thread: The Shaolin Grandmasters Text

  1. #361
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Skid Row Adjacent
    Posts
    2,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Bok Se Teung View Post
    And the Chan Buddhism these monks have suddenly discovered these past ten years is imported from India.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Bok Se Teung View Post
    Gone are the actors and the cigarette smoking monks hanging outside the dimsum (coke) machines.

    amitoufo ya bish

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Bok Se Teung View Post
    What they teach as authentic Shaolin forms is nothing but mishmashed Communist Wu Shu with a dose of Longfist thrown in.
    Sounds cool. All my favourite things are there, pretty much.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Bok Se Teung View Post
    Sifu Bok Se Teung
    5th Degree Red Sash
    12th Order, Red Dragon Level
    Hu Lan Temple of Shaolin
    Oh, that's all the things that aren't my favourites. I think I know what I'm going to file your input under.

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post


    from 8 animals, sounds like kenpo guy who dabbled in hung gar.
    David Ross?

  4. #364
    Every time I get reminded of that book I cringe and feel reviolated because I actually paid money for it.

    Can't this thread be lost in the archives or something?

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fremont, CA, U.S.A.
    Posts
    44,252

    I'm rather amused it resurfaced.

    Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post
    Can't this thread be lost in the archives or something?
    It was, until Sifu Bok Se Teung ttt-ed yesterday.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

  6. #366
    Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post
    Every time I get reminded of that book I cringe and feel reviolated because I actually paid money for it.

    Can't this thread be lost in the archives or something?
    My anus is sore too.

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hu Lan Shaolin Temple
    Posts
    10
    <shaking head> Sad, so sad to come in here and read these pathetic responses. On the one hand we have 80% of you who have the Cobra Kai attitude from Karate Kid movie. You should just as well be taking Tawando. The other 20% of you are drunk on Communist Shaolin Koolaid. It's no wonder that Shaolin Chan has all but died out.
    May Peace Be With You

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Bok Se Teung View Post
    <shaking head> Sad, so sad to come in here and read these pathetic responses. On the one hand we have 80% of you who have the Cobra Kai attitude from Karate Kid movie. You should just as well be taking Tawando. The other 20% of you are drunk on Communist Shaolin Koolaid. It's no wonder that Shaolin Chan has all but died out.
    Teacher,
    Please lead the way and illuminate us. What can you teach us about the true Shaolin lineage?

  9. #369
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Bok Se Teung View Post
    <shaking head> Sad, so sad to come in here and read these pathetic responses. On the one hand we have 80% of you who have the Cobra Kai attitude from Karate Kid movie. You should just as well be taking Tawando. The other 20% of you are drunk on Communist Shaolin Koolaid. It's no wonder that Shaolin Chan has all but died out.
    Are you saying that Communism is not Budhism like? all the same, all one.

    If a budhist temple has to embrace a politic party what better than a communist one.

  10. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Bok Se Teung View Post
    <shaking head> Sad, so sad to come in here and read these pathetic responses. On the one hand we have 80% of you who have the Cobra Kai attitude from Karate Kid movie. You should just as well be taking Tawando. The other 20% of you are drunk on Communist Shaolin Koolaid. It's no wonder that Shaolin Chan has all but died out.
    you are cokroach. you are bacteria.

    25th generation inner door disciple of Chen Style Practical Wombat Method
    Officially certified by Ethiopian Orthodox patriarch Abune Mathias
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat™®LLC Practical Wombat Method. international academy retreat

  11. #371
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    you are cokroach. you are bacteria.
    I have some bacteria on my ass hair that are incredibly offended at the moment.

  12. #372
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ᏌᏂᎭᎢ, ᏥᎾ
    Posts
    3,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Bok Se Teung View Post
    The other 20% of you are drunk on Communist Shaolin Koolaid.
    It's far less damaging than whatever you've been guzzling...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Bok Se Teung View Post
    Sifu Bok Se Teung
    5th Degree Red Sash
    12th Order, Red Dragon Level
    Hu Lan Temple of Shaolin
    It's 2013. Time to grow up. Even kids born this century know better.

  13. #373
    Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post
    I have to admit, quoting Yoda from Star Wars in the book really made the concepts gel.

    pp 60, 61, 65
    Lucas said in an interview from 2005-06 that he was inspired by the Shaolin monks to "create" the Jedis.

  14. #374
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fremont, CA, U.S.A.
    Posts
    44,252

    Communism is anti-religious...

    ...Chinese communism is particularly anti-religious. That's one reason why Tagou rose to the magnitude it did - the leaders are party members. It's also remarkable that Shaolin's Abbot has managed to secure a seat in People's congress. That's a testament to Shaolin's power in modern China.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Córdoba View Post
    Are you saying that Communism is not Budhism like? all the same, all one.

    If a budhist temple has to embrace a politic party what better than a communist one.
    But please, carry on. This topic, The Shaolin Grandmaster's Text, has always amused me.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

  15. #375
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Córdoba View Post
    Lucas said in an interview from 2005-06 that he was inspired by the Shaolin monks to "create" the Jedis.
    Lucas created the Jedis? Our Lucas? Kudos!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •