Thread: Fulfilling a Promise

Fulfilling a Promise

Hello Everyone,

My name is David and I’ve been practicing Open-eye meditation and chi-gong meditation for two years. I began practicing with my mother when she was diagnosed with cancer and was using meditation as her primary treatment. The meditation helped her great deal and brought peace and joy to her last days. Her last request was for me to continue to practice meditation, and to incorporate it into as much of my life as possible. She passed away a year ago today, Oct 16 2007.

In order to fulfill her promise I am doing research to start an organization to promote meditation and the peace that is attainable through it. I also want to help others who are using meditation for treatment of terminal illnesses. One of the ways I hope to raise money is by selling legitimate herbs that helped us in our meditation practices and our battle with cancer. We had to deal with a lot of fraudulent and predatory sellers, and I figure the best way to combat those who would pray on those who are most vulnerable is to be a supplier of integrity myself.

It would be a great help if you could fill out my meditation survey that I am using for my school project that I hope to eventually use as the fund raising basis for my meditation and peace organization.

Here is the link to the survey:
    http://s-qz34r-19396.sgizmo.com

If anyone is interested in finding out more about my mother's treatment and herbal regimin contact me at mastakwesi@hotmail.com

Is this herbal treatment primarily Ayurvedic?

What form of Qigong do you practice?

Thank you for your reply

First of all, thank you for helping with this mission.

I practice Zhineng Qigong. I have not yet found a new teacher in the los angeles area(I moved here to attend university) so currently I practice using the recorded sessions of my former teacher's master. I tend to focus on the practice of "lift up - Pour Down" chi which is a relatively simple 20-30 minute excercise.

In treatment of my mother's cancer we used a wide variety of herbs across all cultures, but particularly chinese and ayurvedic. I have found that my ayurvedic blend has had the most success in evoking a positive reaction among those who have tested it.

I did the survey and I think it would be great if I could actually afford any of it, but the fact is, I'm broke.
    "There is a point in every person's life when they choose to see through their own eyes" -Daniel09

"It is one thing to get over each others differences. It is something else entirely to think you can stop fighting over differences simply by avoiding them entirely" -Daniel09

Can you tell us what the herbal blend is?