Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: If I don't get hold of.....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lancashire,UK
    Posts
    395

    If I don't get hold of.....

    8 Diagram Pole Fighter in the next 2 months I am going to wreak vengeance and FURRRRRRIIIIOUS anger upon the world of dvds! Can't get it in the UK and I don't own a multi region dvd player.


    It sucks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    36th Chamber
    Posts
    12,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Su Lin View Post
    8 Diagram Pole Fighter in the next 2 months I am going to wreak vengeance and FURRRRRRIIIIOUS anger upon the world of dvds! Can't get it in the UK and I don't own a multi region dvd player.


    It sucks!
    OK. So, buy it, then rip it to non-region using the trial version of AnyDVD and CLoneDVD. www.slysoft.com.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

    Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    2,341
    Either that or hack your DVD player and make it all regions. As long as you don't have a Sony there is usually a way to do it.

  4. #4
    I want to buy this movie as well, what is the definitive version?
    Last edited by HtownShaolinBum; 02-18-2008 at 04:34 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,671
    Most DVD players have an unlock you just punch in with the remote and it opens up for all regions. Let me know what make and model you have and I'll try to find the code.


    Do you have high speed Internet? Can you download a 700MB file?

    You can answer both in a PM.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

    Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by HtownShaolinBum View Post
    I want to buy this movie as well, what is the definitive version?
    Come on you guys, there are three versions of this movie that I have found, what is the definitive release? Jethro, you gotta know this one.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    490
    This is the one I have

    http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID....qx/details.htm

    I like the dubbed versions too from a purely nostalgic/comedic pov.

    so there is also this version

    http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID....qx/details.htm

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by banditshaw View Post
    Well, that is some FANCY packaging. It is region 3 though. I'm not sure about that.

    I guess I will just order the one that seems the best. I really wanna see this flick.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,671
    Just download uTorrent.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

    Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Western MASS
    Posts
    4,812
    didnt it get re-released by shaw brothers when they re-released all their stuff a couple years ago? and i am pretty sure those were all in PAL formt first not NTFC.

    well i did some looking

    i found a region 2 dvd. but its ntfc and not pal
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004116159/
    also only japanese subtitles and chinese language.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    2,341
    I like the IVL version. Cantonese & Mandarin with English subs.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    490
    Yeah that's the one I have.
    It's like watching a whole other movie compared to the fullscreen poor generation dubbed copy that I had on VHS for years.
    The remaster they did was incredible. Also watching it in cantonese helps me pick up some lingo

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by banditshaw View Post
    Yeah that's the one I have.
    It's like watching a whole other movie compared to the fullscreen poor generation dubbed copy that I had on VHS for years.
    The remaster they did was incredible. Also watching it in cantonese helps me pick up some lingo
    Cool, maybe I'll pick up that version. Don't see it on amazon. What is a better place to get it?

    And, quick question. Why do they have cantonese on so many Chinese movies. I thought that like 90 percent of Chinese used Mandarin.
    Last edited by HtownShaolinBum; 02-19-2008 at 12:37 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by HtownShaolinBum View Post
    Cool, maybe I'll pick up that version. Don't see it on amazon. What is a better place to get it?

    And, quick question. Why do they have cantonese on so many Chinese movies. I thought that like 90 percent of Chinese used Mandarin.
    The link I posted earlier in this thread is a good place to order. They are fast and I have never had a problem with them. It's the first link by the way. You'll need a player or just hack into yours to play the dvd. Hell the player I got at this korean electronics store sold at 30 bucks! Can't beat that really.

    A lot of those shaws movies especially the Lau Kar Leung directed movies and the like are in cantonese, but they alway made mandarin versions too for the other markets(Mainland, taiwan,etc.).

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by banditshaw View Post
    The link I posted earlier in this thread is a good place to order. They are fast and I have never had a problem with them. It's the first link by the way. You'll need a player or just hack into yours to play the dvd. Hell the player I got at this korean electronics store sold at 30 bucks! Can't beat that really.

    A lot of those shaws movies especially the Lau Kar Leung directed movies and the like are in cantonese, but they alway made mandarin versions too for the other markets(Mainland, taiwan,etc.).
    That site has alot of good stuff. I'll look into this DVD player hacking business. If only I can find that darn remote.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •